Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cats vs. dogs

Options
  • 29-08-2000 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Nice happy non-controversial topic. How could anyone think dogs are superior to cats? They're so dependent and needy and they drool and smell bad and hump strangers' legs. I could use the same argument about younger siblings . . . but let's try this topic for now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Whereas cats are aloof and independant and cold and only seem to care about anything when they think you have something they want. Cats are a very unrewarding pet. Nuff said smile.gif

Originally posted by Asuka:
    Whereas cats are aloof and independant and cold and only seem to care about anything when they think you have something they want.

I get on well with them for some reason.
    What's your point? Do you really want to be around a creature that stays around because it needs you? Eeeew. Unless you're the kind of person that needs self esteem boosts on a regular basis(commander?!?!? please!).

Cats are more beautiful and graceful than dogs. They're . . . uh, compact, robust and resilient. If a cat is around you aside from when it's hungry or something, it means there's a mutual repect thing there. Dogs aren't so exclusive, they'd be happy with anyone who fed them, took them for walks and occasionally patted them on the head. My cats prefer me to anyone else I've seen them around regardless of who feeds them. Aaaww!

I'll sleep with everyone who agrees with me.

Originally posted by Mahotée:

(commander?!?!? please!).

Its not my fault! I dont choose my title. It comes with the job.

I have only one more thing to add. http://homepage.eircom.net/~netstuff/cat-a-pult.EXE

A

Well I have a dog who acts like a cat.
    I'm SERIOUS!! he plays with yarn, and climbs things, and once he even caught a mouse!!!

Susan
    (I think that both dogs and cats have good and bad points)

poooooooooooooooooooooooo
    hey guys
    as to what kate said about animals that required you being around
    humans are also social animals
    i know im getting into anthropology/sociology here so i'll quit while i'm ahead.
    i like dogs.
    but i'll still sleep with kate.
    ha.

sell your soul for $15bn to the eu, just like ireland

• Advertisement

ok i think cats are far better even though mine is satan.cats are in general more intelligent, and independant whereas dogs are in general dumb and have a tendency to bite ppl.thats just in general.my cat however is dumb and has a tendency to maim ppl.but she is an exception.oh and kate please don't share that stuff about your cat
    jess

You don't really get the whole self preservation thing, do you? I will destroy you with my army of cats and then post all those lovely photos of you all over the internet (I'll find someone with a scanner). Or better yet, post them and let you live. Unless, of course, you want to change your views on cats and shirt ownership.

Originally posted by cillian_burger_queen:
    but i'll still sleep with kate.

Wow, I feel so honoured. But first you have to agree with me on the cat issue, or at least back me up here.

um.
    no.
    sorry kate
    you're on your own
    but you should ALL get the mp3 beck "mtv makes me wanna smoke crack"
    its funny cos its true
    i love spiller
    but sophie ellis-bextor scares me
    Wow, I feel so honoured. But first you have to agree with me on the cat issue, or at least back me up here.

I like cats. smile.gif
    And I'll sleep with Kate too!!

• Advertisement

cats are evil. they try to kill me. but then again they're nice and fuzzy....

mike, you believe many ppl try to kill you. this doesn't stand for much in your arguements against cats. you believed i was trying to hurt you when i want ed to hug you. foolish boy!
    *cuddles* and why doesn't anyone give cuddles. everyone hugs why no cuddles?

Hello!! post number 6!!Must be Lieutenant!!!! Ahem...

I think that Quail are better than cats Or dogs. They're cute and small and they make noises like Mike does.

[This message has been edited by Shurikan (edited 31-08-2000).]

Originally posted by natasha:
    I like cats. smile.gif

Is there anyone here who WONT sleep with kate?

New topic!!!!

Oh and CATS CATS CATS.

damn dykes
    (note this is irony. i like dykes.)
    more to the point, is there anyone who HASNT????
    and what about me? who wants to sleep with me?
    well?
    ANSWER!!!!

>>I think that Quail are better than cats Or dogs. They're cute and small and they make noises like Mike does.<<

I think I should declare that I'm Mike eggwhisk, not any of the other Mikes. I don't mind being hugged but I also don't make strange noises.

>>I think that Quail are better than cats Or dogs. They're cute and small and they make noises like Mike does.<<

I think I should declare that I'm Mike eggwhisk, not any of the other Mikes. I don't mind being hugged but I also don't make strange noises.

this is meant to be about the domestic animals. Quails are too small. Dogs are too stupid/bland/mindlessly devoted. Cats are the only way to go. You know you agree with me. If you don't I can spend some time *convincing* you.

Pfffff.

Dont threaten the moderator smile.gif
    He controls you meagre existence smile.gif

biggrin.gif

A

On that note im still looking for another moderator... Does anyone have any suggestion/nominations/personal plugs?

Preferably someone responsible... i have to justify their promotion to my superiors smile.gif

A

• Advertisement

On that note im still looking for another moderator... Does anyone have any suggestion/nominations/personal plugs?

A

KATE!

Preferably someone responsible... i have to justify their promotion to my superiors smile.gif

Nuff said.

Dont threaten the moderator smile.gif
    He controls you meagre existence smile.gif

Sure. But he lives in boggerland so there's not a hell of a lot he can do to stop us threatening him. And doesn't he use an awful lot of smilies for a cynic?

And my existence may be meagre but . . . well, yeah. *starts rocking back and forth*

Tell them I'll sleep with them.
    Or not. I don't understand computers at all, otherwise I'd be happy to volunteer. And you'd be even happier to turn me down on the grounds of irresponsibility. Well . . . YOU WRE GOING TO LEAVE A RELATIVELY INNOCENT INDIVIDUAL TO ROT ON THE FLOOR OF BANANA TREE!!! And you walked into a door. You're a funny little moderator.

I will happily sleep with anyone who wants me to.

Originally posted by happygirl:
    I will happily sleep with anyone who wants me to.

likewise.
    No seriously though. Give Kate the job. Just for a little while. It'd be amusing...

Originally posted by Fiona:

I neuther have nor will sleep with Kate. Sorry hon. Don't swing that way.

Originally posted by Mike:
    >>

*sigh* If you're Eggwhisk then it should say Eggwhisk beside your posts. change this. Or better yet Adam can do it!

I cant change that! Mike, you should have registered as Eggwhisk... this is going to get confusing smile.gif

Aaaaanyway, i cant give the job of moderator to anyone. I have to ask Cloud nicely, and hes already spent a lot of time sorting out the UBB for us, i dont want him having to change moderators every couple of weeks as well smile.gif

A

• Advertisement

It's all Susan's fault. She came up with that bloody name in the first place. aaaargh.

I don't see anyone else called Mike who's actually using this messageboard at present. So i keep the name.

Advertisement