Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

44.99 for Black & White??

Options
  • 06-04-2001 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

That's the price in Game & EB, going to check HMV before I buy Venom his copy smile.gif

44.99? A price not at all influenced by the hype and expectation I suppose - nah, they just slapped an extra tenner on for the hell of it.

Bit crap, really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

If I want to pay that much for a game i'll buy a PS2 Game !!!! frown.gif

wtf ?????????
    still might buy a copy for my sister ( who hates puter games + she only has a mac) so i guess it will have to be installed on my machine !!!! biggrin.gif

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

by the waym anyone know if liffey valley is open late tonight as i will be passing by and would like to pop in a purchase said game in title of thread

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Plus B+W has some really cool protection. A giant cow comes around and drops a boulder on your house.

btw, EA is doing really bad, might explain why the price is so high. If I had known beforehand EA was the guys selling B+W I wouldn't of bought it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    Plus B+W has some really cool protection. A giant cow comes around and drops a boulder on your house.

btw, EA is doing really bad, might explain why the price is so high. If I had known beforehand EA was the guys selling B+W I wouldn't of bought it.

</font>

why? whats wrong with EA?

http://www.lumthemad.net/news/1868.php

actually do a search for EA on lum the mad. There are more stories, but basically they are in trouble.

... search is down, try these.
    http://www.lumthemad.net/news/1831.php
    http://www.lumthemad.net/news/1826.php
    http://www.lumthemad.net/news/1824.php

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 06-04-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

£39.99 in smyths in galway I think there is a smyths in Dublin to so the price should be the same there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Yeah, Virgin on Aston Quay 44.99, purchased my copy this morning and register myself on www.bwgame.com. Oh and for those who can't decide what cover to get, it doesn't matter the cover is reversible, so if you buy the white one and decide you don't like it just turn it around for the black one. and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

£44.99 in HMV on Grafton Street.

Got it a the nicely discounted price of £41 tho.

There's a pack of twenty smokes I'll need for smacking pe0ns around. smile.gif

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Frodo@work

just got my copy. now all i need to do is find some spliff and im going to lock my self away for the weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I just said to myself time to go submit an angry post about the B&W price only to find CT had beat me to it. The mystery for me is that it's £27.99 on gameplay.com. Now don't go saying to me that that's sterling. 9 times out of 10 the sterling price matches the punt price - i.e. £29.99 on both islands etc. but for some reason we are getting stitched up here just as we did for Champ Man at £30 when it was £20-£25 in the UK. Bloody disgrace.

M

Update: Bought it in Smyths, Tallaght for £39.99. It'll have to do smile.gif

[This message has been edited by musician (edited 06-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by musician (edited 06-04-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

anyone think of buying it off sky digital ?
    games are hell of a lot cheaper on that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

So anything else in that tiny box to make it worth 45 squid?

Ahh I remember the day when I bought the special edition of Quake for £50. Not only did I get every single program iD had done up to then but I also got a pewter monster, a cool t-shirt dog tags and the DOOM comic!

And now I have to pay £5 quid less to get a cd that cost about 10p* to make.

I also remember getting high quality games on the Amiga from a certain ex-peon student. wink.gif

*Note to people who want to correct this: Shut up.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Vega

I've talk to a couple of people about black and white.........not great...............................

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Davitt:
    F uck b&w it's s hit f uck this site to F UCK YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

</font>

Muppet. We need shinji back here with his moderator skillz smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

copy it?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Da'Bounca:
    copy it?</font>

no....
    you see, thats illegal.
    even when i was peon student i didnt do that.
    it really is the lowest of the low.
    anyway, you dont get the glossy booklets and the case, and the dvd box etc ,and thats half the fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Available for £35.99 down at your local software zone in Smiths. Well it cost that much in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

£39.99 in Smyths off Parnell St.
    Very nice intro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

You call that a nice intro?

Have you played final fantasy 8?

I readily agree.

£44.99 though?
    rip off, but I bought it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

get it for "free" for the price of a cd, rip off for crying out load

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Davitts posts deleted. If you require copies of his work please visit the Trolls for countless copies of this now banned (by Cloud) muppets posts.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PHB:
    get it for "free" for the price of a cd, rip off for crying out load</font>

yep, and its exactly people like you who put the prices up you freeloading loser. get a job and buy the game, or dont £33+ ha><0r dudes like you have jobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I got it for 40 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    you see, thats illegal</font>

LOL, that woke me up wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Actually don't Game or EB run a lowest price guaranteed thingie...if they still do then I can still use my loyalty card and get the game for £40 or less

www.doesnotcompute.ie
    www.gamire.com

You do that.

[Kick the tin doggie? Maybe later.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

hmm latest releases in EB all £29,99
    Except B+W costing £39,99

think i will set up camp by the bargain bin section,looking longingly at the unsold copies of B+W until they either
    A)take the hint
    B)throw me out

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:

yep, and its exactly people like you who put the prices up you freeloading loser. get a job and buy the game, or dont £33+ ha><0r dudes like you have jobs?
    </font>

In some cases the game gets changed to fuk over all the people who paid too. I now have put the Tribes 2 CD in the drive at all times because some bright sparks thought to rip it off like PHB mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Well I'm not going to encourage piracy in any way but charging £45 for a PC game will inevitably lead to people copying it. To be honest judging by the people I've seen in DnC most of the copies seem to be illegal ones. I haven't bought a copy yet but will be heading to Smyths Store so I'm not completely ripped off.

www.doesnotcompute.ie
    www.gamire.com

Advertisement