Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too few users.

• 29-09-2000 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else notice how [relatively] few users there are on the BB? So I just want to suggest that everyone promotes awareness of this board among their CTYI friends and encourages them to use it. The more the merrier, right?

iMP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah. The boards are *awful* quiet lately...

I've tried "spreading the faith" but no-one comes. I feel so hated...

Well... I'm off.

Sven

And then u have tw4ts like me who have no idea who CTYI are/is and still post

LOL Canaboid smile.gif

Still, every post counts wink.gif

Actually, a good few people are posting. Egroups looks like it has about a million more messages because its not threaded - the idea of the boards is that its compact. Some people just not only refuse point blank to move to the boards, but dont even acknowledge their existence, which is vaguely annoying. Continue spreading the faith smile.gif People will convert eventually.

biggrin.gif

A

i think the very fact that these boards have some sort of structure and rigidity puts people off; seems like the most contribution most ctyiers want to make is random comments on whatever's on their mind. and its easier to do that on something when theres just one thread for everything.

• Advertisement

That gives me an idea....
    And This One's A SCREAMER!

Sven

The CTYI board was set up so that people could post pointless random comments without actually annoying tons of people...

Well I like posting random comments on the boards. I like starting new threads just for the fun of it. And I like to say things.

If people have random things to say, lets dump them anywhere.

If they're interesting random things, start a new thread so we will see "oh look! a new thread! let's read it."

love and hot sex
    Carolan

Originally posted by Carolan:
    love and hot sex
    Carolan

...really??

iMP

can i just say,and i know some of you will laugh at me for this,but i prefer this board to the debate list thing cos i find it scarey and im afraid to post anything on it that and the fact that this board is prettier to look at
    tata smile.gif

• Advertisement

kay..
    i think it's just that the other board has the ends of all the interesting threads ther to reply to, whereas they havent moved here yet so you'd feel silly to reply to them here. so you reply to them there, and dont come here.
    or something.
    i'm not very coherent today, thank u very much.

Yah, em, what's the address of the other board again? I haff forgotten cos of being silly.

I am using IE3.0 and it's sooo slow and it keeps not being able to show me things because it's not able to. Nyargh. But work experience is fun, I got to photocopy and drink lots of tea so far this morning. And I haven't used the glass lifts yet .. oooh this is so nice. No, really, I like it a lot. And I can use the tellyphone whenever I want and I can spend all of lunch messing around on the internet instead of feeling like a loner sitting at a table on my own somewhere.

Love
    Carolan

nargh i didnt mean the other board i meant the other list.
    nargh gods.
    oopsies.

Advertisement