Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Morning... Everyone Else!

• 03-11-2000 2:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Only me...

Hmmm... people have gone off and been having lives or something. I myself havent been online for entire week(!) (despite having a laptop with me 90% of the time, as cillian or ross will tell you). Its probably something to do with it being mid-term... a time traditionally devoted to boredom and isolation at its highest level! Im in the wesht of ireland right now, a place for connysewers or some such... something im not anyway. Its not as exotic as other places i could mention coughswitzerlandcough. Anyway, im not complaining. Not much anyway. Ive been listening to good music, and thats what matters. Not the kind of stuff that id post lyrics to on the boards (unlike some people i could mention). Which reminds me - does anybody have Reload (the Metallica one, not the Tom Jones one(!)) and a CD burner?

This Week, oi ave been mostly listening to Rage Against The Machine.

I bought several new discworld books, and currently the only ones missing from my collection are Witches Abroad, Lords and Ladies and Maskerade. And The Truth, of course, which I would have except 1)i only collect them in softback and 2)i wanted some money for lunch. It looks like it should be pretty good. Its about time he did a new thread anyway, or a stand-alone or whatever it is.

Despite wanting money for lunch, i was enticed to purchase the newly-budget Dungeon Keeper 2, which i finished this evening. Its incredibly good. They had the budget version and the full price version sitting side by side in Virgin. There is absolutely no difference - i checked. Tell me, who would be stupid enough to buy the full price game?

Besides that, life is currently pretty boring. The debate last friday and saturday was REALLY good fun... ross and cillian were there. Me and ross (grammatically incorrect, done deliberately as a sign of teenage rebellion tongue.gif) both got to the semis, but neither of us got to the final. Which is just as well, cos i would have missed the last bus home if i had. Fate looks kindly upon me smile.gif

Thats about all for now. You all have fun in your sinful ways.

biggrin.gif

A
    Yes I know my Enemies... Theyre the teachers who taught me to fight for compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission, ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the Elite, all of which are American dreams...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My god! I too collect Discworld in paperback only form! I am missing the Sciences Of The Discworld (and the Truth). Oh. And The Fifth Elephant. But soon my pretties... sooon...

Sven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Asuka:
    Only me...

[...]

Im in the wesht of ireland right now, a place for connysewers or some such... something im not anyway. Its not as exotic as other places i could mention coughswitzerlandcough. Anyway, im not complaining. Not much anyway.

cough of indignation hah. it's not exotic. just cold. (not unlike someone else i could mention....) oh, btw, dont have that number there so sorry...

I bought several new discworld books, and currently the only ones missing from my collection are Witches Abroad, Lords and Ladies and Maskerade. And The Truth, of course, which I would have except 1)i only collect them in softback and 2)i wanted some money for lunch. It looks like it should be pretty good. Its about time he did a new thread anyway, or a stand-alone or whatever it is.

[...]

yay, i have both lords and ladies and maskerade. :) But dont have very many others --- i'm poor :(

hehe

xxx
    love,
    me

[This message has been edited by smiles (edited 03-11-2000).]

Mwahahahahaaaaa!!!! I have all of the above mentioned books! Even the Truth! And many of them are signed (By Terry Pratchett)!
    The Truth is so cooooll!!! I can post spoilers If people would like? but I won't unless people ask me to because it's annoying to find stoopid spoilers in places
    when you don't want to read them

Susan

I have all the books. All of them. Except The Truth and Death's Domain which isn't really a book.

Muhahahahaha. My dad likes to buy books. You should come to my house sometime, it's got books in it. Not much else.

Love
    Carolan

No, spoilers spoil things. Surprisingly.

iMP

• Advertisement

Yeah, well... I don't have the maps, the companion, the diaries, the quizbook or The Truth (or in fact The Fifth Elephant). I will soon though...

I reread Eric last night and then began reading this Cthulu Mythos thing. Quetzacoatl was in both (and isn't it in FFVIII too?). What a cool coincidence. Still Bel Shammoth (another Cthulu rip-off) will always be my favourite.

Um... My cousin is recognisable to Steve Grant and Garth Ennis. He has a signed first issue (or at least last time I checked he was going to a convention to get it signed) of Hitman. I read Preacher (Gone to Texas) for the first time on Friday. Good.

Once again, Vasquez is a god. Pratchett is a god. Reznor is a god.

Guns N' Roses new album - January (Chinese Democracy).
    Joy.

Sven

Yes, Quetzacoatl is some sort of tribal god or something. It was in 'Ctulhu Mythos thing' and in Final Fantasy 8 (and the earlier final fantasies - 4, 5 and 6). However, it wasnt in Eric. He was subtly names Quetzovercoatl in Eric, i think youll find. Pointless addition, but there you go.

What number?

Cold, eh? wink.gif

biggrin.gif

A

And ive just noticed that you mis-spelled Bel-Shamharoth as well. I probably did too, but it sounds more feasable and has all the syllables smile.gif

Yes, i have the quiz book. It shows, doesnt it? smile.gif

A

Pah! I care not for your ability to memorize things! I have intelligence, so I just ask people, or guess! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sven

Yeah well I have a photographic memory. Comes in handy sometimes wink.gif Other times it just means I do embarassingly well in tests.

iMP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Asuka:
    Yes, Quetzacoatl is some sort of tribal god or something. It was in 'Ctulhu Mythos thing' and in Final Fantasy 8 (and the earlier final fantasies - 4, 5 and 6). However, it wasnt in Eric. He was subtly names Quetzovercoatl in Eric, i think youll find. Pointless addition, but there you go.

Quetzacoatl was the Aztec god who Cortes impersonated (he was depicted as returning to earth as a white man on a horse) -- Cortes was mistaken for him -- took advantage and killed all the Aztecs.

nice guy.

xxx
    love,
    me

Ofhmygod, how sad are you all?
    Discworld ppptch!
    Ben has a whole load but all I ever read was Moving Pictures and I'm the proud owner of gaspode@iol.ie . So email me and make me laugh. Please.
    And my house has thousands and thousands of books. In my attic there are boxes and boxes of books about Esperanto, the BVM, breast feeding etc.

all my loving, i will send to you

-Jerome

if you think that you're strong enough
    if you think you belong enough

Advertisement