Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nonsense

• 14-10-2000 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This topic is designated PURELY to random comments from off the top of peoples heads. If people want to start a conversation it'll ruin the whole point of this topic, so feel free to.

Why does everyone want/ have a mobile phone?

Sven

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I need to get one soon. FYI. I might wait a couple of weeks. Currently im thinking of that nice new 3310 (nokia of course) with Esat. Or the 7110. But its expensive.

A

hmmm.........adam.........7110.............i'd comment if i could be arsed

I don't want to buy one! I have no money!

Who here has a job and could get me one (somewhere in Dublin)?

What's everyone doing for work experience?

I want to rap3 Brian Molko, anyone want to help me?

Sven

I didn't want a mobile phone, but my parents bought me one because I am rarely at home.

And it's useful.

Oh damn I have to go cos my mum's almost home.

Love
    Carolan

Carrolan,

Your point is proven.

BUT... my parents won't buy me one.

That's why I'm against getting one.

Sven

• Advertisement

Oh how sexy .. he rolls his 'r's when he says my name.

Carrrrolan.

Prrrr.

Love
    Carolan

Meow!

"At The Mouth Of Madness" was Lovecraft inspired and meant to be rather good.

I'll go!

I didn't hear 'bout any reunion tho. My mailbox was full, so no messages from the mailing list could've reached me!

Sven

Horror is best suited to short story form (ESPECIALLY where Lovecraft is involved).

18s, eh? Who'd have thought?

Sven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

boo boo boo.... I'm not going to be here for the next week. I'm gonna be in SWIZZERLAND. yayayayayayay.

i miss people. :( email me to let me have lots of emails when i get home!! yayayay! fio@cybergal.com :)

plezzzeeeee??? :)

xxx

F.

PS. Straasha -- ICQ wont work, mail me some more stuff and i'll reply when i get back, ok?

boo boo boo.... I'm not going to be here for the next week. I'm gonna be in SWIZZERLAND. yayayayayayay.

i miss people. :( email me to let me have lots of emails when i get home!! yayayay! fio@cybergal.com :)

plezzzeeeee??? :)

xxx

F.

PS. Straasha -- ICQ wont work, mail me some more stuff and i'll reply when i get back, ok?

• Advertisement

Was that double post intentional, or was it meaningless and without purpose?

iMP

Some day I want to be a farmer
    Some day I want to milk the cows
    Some day I want to shear the sheep
    Some day I want to wear my wellies
    Some day I want to work on the Dock Road
    Some day I want to be a prostitute
    Some dayyyyyy soon
    Carolan Goggin and Una Corcoran, 1996

What a good song. It even has a tune. I'll sing it for you sometime.

What if God smoked cannabis?

Love
    Carolan

What if God smoked cannabis?

he'd be happy on the bus
    trying to make his way home

flame me if you will, it had to be said.

i'm listening to the waterboys. it's quite enjoyable.
    deirdre

HIYA
    well because this is the silly nonsense post i am going to use it to say that because of the reunion today i now have several LARGE bruises on my legs and i now hate Peter/goatboy or whatever his name is.he is a bad person and i'll never forgive him for this.my mother also gave me some strange looks because of the mess on my jumper due to me lying on the ground-which is also Peters fault-amoung others.
    right thats all i have to say
    bubye

I had something to say. Possibly about sheep, possibly not.

Carolan (Or would you like me to roll it? wink.gif ) does that song have any bearing on reality? If so, how much? It's ... a ... friends birthday (yesss, that'll do...).

Um. Has anyone here heard of JV Jones? She is quite good as I discovered lately. A bit dirty at parts, but still good.

And why do I keep getting "Free Teen S3X" icqs from complete strangers? THEY'RE NOT FREE!? when will some people learn?

And why have all my friends started asking me seriously if I am gay (two have asked this), or bi (only one so far)? Do they "like" me, or are they homophobic!? I MUST know before I give a straight answer (unintentional pun).

Sven

Sven, I'm not a homophobe, I just asked you because I wasn't sure. And I'm really not comfortable with you coming onto me.

iMP

Originally posted by lordsippa:

Um. Has anyone here heard of JV Jones? She is quite good as I discovered lately. A bit dirty at parts, but still good.

Yeah. I've heard of her. Baker Boy is pretty good. Of course it's dirty. if you're going to write realistically about a period in time akin to the medieval times, it has to be. There were 4 main ways to influence people: money, land, power, and sex.

Susan

After finishing "Baker Boy" yesterday morning, I went to Carlow Town (Pauls Bookshop) and bought "A Man Betrayed". It is more dirty. I am over half way through.

My hands are blue and the dent on my knuckle is about to bleed.

I'm on someone elses computer. An ICQ message for them has just arrived. SO TEMPTING!

OK! NOT "all my friends" just some. But it still leaves me wondering why! I don... well maybe I SOMETIMES act gay, but I have made it clear that I'm not.

The fact is that I only questioned whether it was homophobia because two of the people who asked were often self proclaimed straight people! I myself am anti-homophobia and have spoken to some gay people proving my point that many of them are very nice people.

On that point, is anyone here gay? I am a semi-bi-sexual myself. I'd explain what that means, but it's too complex and longwinded.

Sven

Do you mean a bisexual who'll only sleep with one of the sexes??

• Advertisement

To reply to Ian: Yes. I MIGHT meet a guy (under certain circumstances), though I'd prefer to get with a girl anytime. As regards gay sex, it scares me: The guy shoving his... up my... ARGH! I'm not girly enough to find that fun!

As regards Kate:
    Try P1SSER
    And I hope whatever's wrong works out for you.

Last night I found out how much eyeliner suits me.

Can we change the subject from homosexuality now?

Who here hates Wannabe Goths?

Sven

Hmmm... double-posting has been a problem on the boards for years - it happens especially if you have a slow computer/connection. If it goes nowhere for ages people tend to click the post reply button again, so that when it eventually does post the message, it does it twice. Not to worry about. Although i did see one muppet manage to post a topic twice on the quake forum.

I hate to nitpick, im sure its intentional, but the double 'z' in should be a 'tz'. I wouldnt say anything except im a perfectionist and it caught my attention before. tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

A

Originally posted by Asuka:
    Hmmm... double-posting has been a problem on the boards for years - it happens especially if you have a slow computer/connection. If it goes nowhere for ages people tend to click the post reply button again, so that when it eventually does post the message, it does it twice. Not to worry about. Although i did see one muppet manage to post a topic twice on the quake forum.

I hate to nitpick, im sure its intentional, but the double 'z' in should be a 'tz'. I wouldnt say anything except im a perfectionist and it caught my attention before. :p

:D

A

yeah. sorry. dunno why it double posted. i disconnect half way through cause i was in a rush. maybe that did it.

sorry anyways.

hehe

i'm posting tooooo much now i'm back!

hehe

xxx
    love,
    me

Originally posted by Mahotée:
    My bet is you were drunk and dictating.

only one this to say:

I neither deny nor deny those alligators..... :)

ok, just a riddle/question thing. i have this really old game i had once on the commadore 64 (*sniff* good old days) called "Excelsior -- Phase 1: Lysandia" In part of it i have to solve riddles and stuff to get to another part of the game.... there's one i cant solve -- your given the following clues:

"It can't exist in a one dimensional world"
    "It is three dimensional in a four dimensional world"
    "It is one dimensional in a two dimensional world"
    -- there is another clue thing and it is blank (dont know if that is significant or what..)

anyone have *any* ideas? I've played this for years (on and off) and still cant get it.... i'll feel like a right plonker when ye tell me the right answer but it will be worth it...... :)

anyone?

xxx
    love,
    me

This is a complete guess with no basis on the clues, reality or random thought processes. It just is an idea that I always come up with.

Is it a picture? A reflection? A mirror? An image? But how can they not exist in a one dimensional world? It must be a reflection! It MUST!

Sven

My guess is that it's a page or whatever the clue was written on. A page, by its nature has one less dimension than the universe in which it exists. And the fourth, blank clue is showing you the answer.

Marty

I'm not gonna guess at the answer but I hereby challenge people to name ALL of the known dimensions (last time I checked there was over 20).

iMP

Originally posted by lordsippa:

Is it a picture? A reflection? A mirror? An image? But how can they not exist in a one dimensional world? It must be a reflection! It MUST!

Sven

I finally figured it out --- you were very close Sven -- it's a shadow. damn. took me forever!!!!! well 6 years..... :)

thanks everyone for *all* your help..... now go download "Excelsior - Phase 1: Lysandia" from www.gamesdomain.com --- it's an 80's style RPG --- lots of fun for *all* the family.....

yayayayayayayay

love,
    not me

• Advertisement

sing in the rain. it is good for the soul.
    dance while you are vaccuuming.
    rolleyes.gif and for heaven's sake do NOT be materialistic: if you can burn it or physically destory it is is not worth THAT much effort!
    do what makes you think HAPPY

Advertisement