Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBA Question

Options
  • 09-04-2001 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭

does the GBA have some sort of terrotorial lock out?

I've heard conflicting stories and would like to know before deciding to import it :\

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

to ensure backward compatibility with the GB and GBC games, it probably won't have the lock-out. icon1.gif

- Ciaranj - ciaranj.com

This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

There is no territorial lockout on GBA. None. Nada. Zip.

So now you know smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

and Mario is great fun, but you need to be in natural sunlight to get the full benefit of the colour screen..

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I was gonna go for f-zero over mario, i loved that game on the snes smile.gif

Anyway, I have yet another question (or series of them).

Are there any import shops in Dublin? If i remember correctly, there was one on Liffey Street, dunno about now though.

Cheapest I've found it online is £147 including Mario or F-Zero (www.lik-sang.com).
    Can anyone else recommend places?

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Since when was this out?

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I think Mr. Calculater, just off Grafton st may have them, but stuff there is usually very over-priced and the staff in there are legendarily rude. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

The fokes in Mr Calc said they should have some in soon, they weren't sure of a price though. I dunno, I've never had a problem with the Mr.C staff :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Gamezone on talbot street have the GBA's in right now for 180 including mario world advance, get em while you can cos thats one seriously cheap price

Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭-=Raven=-

or u could just wait until june..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

i was in mr calc this week. they have it for £280 (or £220 cant remember) after about 5 mins of questions i decided that rude mr calculator has a two word vocabulary. yes and no. RUDE!

:P

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    [clergy]Altar Boy
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll
    be warm for a day. Set a man on
    fire, and he'll be warm for the
    rest of his life."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

The lad I spoke to looked really like Monty btw wink.gif

Just thought I'd add that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I wouldn't pay £220 for a PS2, navah mind a GBA..... might go in to Gamezone tomorrow though - depends how much i gets paid biggrin.gif

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

I love the way that this mr rude calculator is getting the bad name he (I hope) justly deserves because of the boards. Gwan boycotting and slandering people who deserve it and stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I presume you mean that indian guy who seems to own the place ??

Yeah hes a toss and his shop is there basically for idiots who he can convince to buy stuff , i think i remember he told me he could get me a ps2 from japan for a mere 1200 quid, and a game with it for a measly 200 quid extra , hahahahaha.

Advertisement