Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a sad way to spend Valentine's Day

• 13-02-2001 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow imp will go to school. When he arrives home he will find no Valentine's cards in the post, and he will retire to his room for a brief few minutes to change into a black t-shirt and blue jeans. He will then meet up with a some friends, and will go into town where he will show a French foreign exchange student around this glorious city of ours. After this he will go to see Hannibal with no girlfriend to cuddle up to him during all the scary bits. After this he will leave the cinema and take the bus to a friend's house, where he will complain an awful lot to his friends about how he has no girlfriend, but will boast to them about the fact that neither have they. He will then fix a friend's computer and perhaps watch a few poor quality Jordanian Action/Adventure films. Following this he will go back to his own house and go to bed until the next morning.

And they say I'm cheerful.

iMP }:>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You have it lucky.

Any who care to disagree will have a short 2000 page summary of my life and all that's wrong with it, centered around tomorrow. OK?!

And, Ian, shut the **** up (as regards trying to get me to write a 2000 page summary). Otherwise, I have nothing but sympathy for you. And why have I not been informed of the cinema thing? HA! I knew I wasn't wanted!

ian i am gonna have the worst valentines day of the lot of ye so dont complain-ive gotta sit in a hall for half an hour listening to a tape with people speaking in french-a language i can not speak and then ive gotta sit in front of a french paper for another 2 and a hlaf hours trying to react in some form of french to articles about drugs and feminism-i think.so dont even think about complaining to me

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lordsippa:

Any who care to disagree will have a short 2000 page summary of my life and all that's wrong with it, centered around tomorrow. OK?!
    </font>
    im gonna disagree but i dont really want the 2000 page summary-no time to read anything not in french at the moment-but otherwise id love to smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imp:
    he will go to see Hannibal with no girlfriend</font>

oh my god I hate you! pleeease let me be your stand-in girlfriend so that I can see Hannibal!!!!!

-Ruairi

Damn.
    Eilis,
    you win.

(Grr!)

• Advertisement

OK then, lets go into a lil bit more detail:
    I haven't got my English homework done - gets me detention
    I have to spend one-and-a-half hours in the school gym using weights machines that have no pins.
    I have to prepare a science talk on some **** which I really don't give a damn about and will then have to present it to the principal.
    I have to write a long Irish essay AND I have a big long listening comprehension test.
    I will be moved down to a lower maths class because I failed yesterday's maths test (even though it was because I was absent when the test was announced and we had only 15 mins to do it instead of the planned 30).
    Then I have to do all that other crap.

I don't think I have it easy!!

No Ruairi I would quite prefer to see it on my own rather than with a male posing as my girlfriend.

Oh, and I'm not complaining I'm just... lamenting.

iMP
    God bless the Thesaurus

imp! how homophobic! ruairi, i'd be happy to have you as my stand-in girlfriend if i was going to see hannibal (which i'm not).

<boast>
    i've got a boyfriend this valentine's day
    for the first time ever
    </boast>

don't be sad
    give me your email addresses and i'll send y'all online cards

love
    carolan

hmph!

Ruari! If you want, I'll go and see it just so we can go together (bagsy wearing the dress!)

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lordsippa:
    hmph!

Ruari! If you want, I'll go and see it just so we can go together (bagsy wearing the dress!)
    </font>

ok, but I get the leather miniskirt and boob tube.

[This message has been edited by The-Rev (edited 13-02-2001).]

No I'm actually not homophobic. But I'm not gay either and as such I don't like myself being portrayed as such when people are around who'd believe it (i.e. foreign exchange students)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Sven: Ruari! If you want, I'll go and see it just so we can go together (bagsy wearing the dress!)

Ruari: ok, but I get the leather miniskirt and boob tube.

</font>

UGC at the closest showing to 3PM... I'll have the camera.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imp:
    I'll have the camera.</font>

yeah, but we're gonna be all over you like bees on honey. and not in the good way. well, yes in the good way. but a bad good way.

-Rauirina

Ofh my god
    I'm going blind mentally

Love
    Carolan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ruairina:
    we're gonna be all over you like bees on honey</font>

OK but don't forget to include all the others.

Hey Sven, Ruairina, where were you guys today?? I was looking forward to that...

seriously if anyone can get a photo of those two like that id love a copy-it'd cheer me up a lot.i need it-i just managed to fail 3 different papers in 2 days-quite an achievement i think

You know very well where I was! I was at home feeling rejected and laughing my A off at the fact that I was invited with just over half an hour to get into town! HAHAHAHA!

As regards Eilis' post...
    Let the posing begin!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by littlebopeep:
    seriously if anyone can get a photo of those two like that id love a copy</font>

maybe next summer. I'm not going to do that and then go home through Ballyfermot, Palmerston, Lucan, and then walk through Celbridge. That whole being beaten to death thing. Sorry to hear about those exams Eilis.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The-Rev:
    Sorry to hear about those exams Eilis.</font>
    im sure you're devastated.how the hell could i not have known that seachas an udair meant except the author????how thick am i???everyone except ruairi can answer that-i have a feeling his answer would be mean and icky.f%ck im depressed now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

oh my god I hate you! pleeease let me be your stand-in girlfriend so that I can see Hannibal!!!!!

-Ruairi
    </font>

Hannibal is so........ ********************.

and i'm not squeimish!!!!!!!!

ye gods! (I'm sure the book will be good!!!! -- hint hint nudge nudge)

:)

love
    me

PS. ruairi wont be not nice to eilis, because he loses things when he's not nice (right?)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mahotée:
    Eilis, princess, don't worry. When a friend of my big brother was doing his Irish LC mocks, he thought that you had to do one thing from each of the long pieces of writing(A essay, B debate, C story etc) So that didn't work out too well. But he got on okay.
    </font>

i hate mocks-i learned meon eithne and meon eoin came up.i learned racism and feminism and the dificulties of making friend came up-nasty!!!!!!!!!!im p1ssed off at my own stupidity now.i also forgot i was having a midterm and forgot to bring home books to prepare for the rest of my mocks!!!!!!i must be the stupidest person in the whole world.exuse me while i contemplate killing someone

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mahotée:
    Ruairi can't really leave a mean and icky answer. Irish isn't exactly his strong point.</font>

With good reason too. And I wasn't going to leave a mean answer, not to someone who is actually upset.

Eilis, you rock. I'm sure your real exams will go much better. And the mocks haven't gone as bad as you think, so between the two you'll do fine.

-Ruairi

With good reason too. And I wasn't going to leave a mean answer, not to someone who is actually upset.

Eilis, you rock. I'm sure your real exams will go much better. And the mocks haven't gone as bad as you think, so between the two you'll do fine.

-Ruairi
    </font>
    what the h3ll was that??am i going insane or was that a nice post by ruairi???????????i must be losing it

your faith in ruairi's humanity is touching.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by qwidgybo:
    your faith in ruairi's humanity is touching.</font>

and foolish
    -Ruairi

and foolish
    -Ruairi
    </font>
    it isnt foolish-you are a nice person smile.gif

Not only a nice post from Ruairi, but someone defending him too!

Or have i just had too much of (my patented) Wa-wa sauce?

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smiles:
    Hannibal is so........ ********************.

and i'm not squeimish!!!!!!!!
    </font>

Ahem! Could have fooled me... and i thought covering your eyes when it comes to the nasty bit was just a stereotyped thing that happened in films...

biggrin.gif

A

Advertisement