Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so few topics..........must add another......

• 27-02-2001 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

so there you have it,so you do!!
    well anywho,feel free to post to this topic lots pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

cherries on top,
    sqwidgyboo-boo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

well,may aswell get the ball rolling
    so ........em..............the simpsons anyway!!!

aideen/qwidgybo/adrian e.t.c.

Here's my two cent(ime)s

iMP }:>

This usually isnt 'prime-time' for CTYI talk - around now is the longest interval between CTYI courses (just before the literature comes in again).

Ahh, the memories smile.gif

A

if you all start talking about courses you want to do this year and start talking about how much fun you're gonna have i may kill each and every one of you-understand??

so imp-how was france?!?

• Advertisement

i've a question!-
    what ever happened to 'reply and quote'?

qwidgybo

despite little bo peeps threats,i would like to say that philosophy better be back on,preferably sess.1,or else i'll be MAD.

qwidgybo

i too hope philosophy is back! I didn't get a chance to go to the Saturday courses (because of an error my mother made)!

Sorry Eilis.

I really wanted to do philosophy as well, but the ba$tards only had it one year while i was there, and in the session i wasnt doing frown.gif

Anyway, Eilis, you wont kill anyone, at least not on *my* boards wink.gif

And i have absolutely no idea what happened to reply and quote smile.gif

A

Grr... UBB code is down...

[This message has been edited by Asuka (edited 28-02-2001).]

France very fun. Aer Lingus very p**sed off. Fec*in' tour guides can't tell an Irish person from an English person. But France was a lot of fun. Except the hostel.

[This message has been edited by imp (edited 28-02-2001).]

• Advertisement

f*ck the lot of you!!!!!!!!!!grrrrrr
    actually im not angry-how can i be???maths paper2 went incredibly well!!!!!!!!i cant believe how well it went-i took one look at the paper and nearly bounced all around the hall with delight-it was nice!!!!!!as apposed to the other bas frown.gifards of tests which i failed.im happy smile.gif

Yay, littlebopeep is happy!

imfinishedimfinishedimfinishedimfinishedimfinished!!!!!!!yippie!!!!!!
    i failed everything but maths2 by the look of things and i oddly dont give a sh!t.im happy smile.gif

kick @ss!!

Hurray for failing, in all its forms! I failed my last maths test abysmally (um, did I spell that right?? (Also failed English)), and I really don't give a sh|t, neither do my teachers. Woohoo!

Im pretty sure i failed the maths test i had today, even though i actually *studied* for it(!)

Well, i guess the studying approach doesnt work either, ill just go back to doing nothing smile.gif

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Look Aideen! There's COUNTY FRANCE!!!!! And people who've been to it!!!!

Bloody Foot and Mouth. Cancels everything. and i cant go to my sisters house, or my aunties mass, or the maths or the computer thing. plus all the farmers round here are pretty ****ed. ouch. :(

bye bye

love
    me

PS. maybe having your study interupted messed it all up for you asuka. (and thats ure name as it's pronounced! :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

PPS. Hehe. Doesn't the little gun icon remind you of Comander Keen!!! (1, 2, 3, 4e & Dreams!)

who else played???

PPPS. Who plays Ultima VIII - Pagan? or Ultima Underworld II ?

love
    me

:)

actually failing isnt a good thing-im boaderline being kicked out of a few classes and i really needed to pass-still not worried although i do need a *good* excuse-any suggestions????

AND the Commander Keen bit in Doom 2 Extra Secret Level thing.

And Ultima 7 is the best Ultima (although I have yet to play the Underworld series or the Martian Dreams or Prehistoric ones).

"To Failure and all it brings!"

• Advertisement

i had completely forgotten about county france!!!!all tucked in down there in canada,all warm and snuggly!!!
    county france came about around the same time as 'the flexible laws of physics' as i recall
    aah the memories,
    qwidgybo

I never really played Commander Keen... except that bit in Doom 2 of course smile.gif. I played through Doom 2 and its 4 (yes, 4!) secret levels at least 57 times... it still ranks as one of the best games ever! Ahh... the memories... anyone remember when Duke Nukem 3d came out? I remember thinking it was the most fu<king amazing game ever... such a long time ago... in retrospect Doom 2 kicks 7 shades of crap and a few off-the-spectrum shades out of it...

Top 10 Games Ever
    1) Final Fantasy 7 (PSX)
    2) Soul Calibur (DreamCast)
    3) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PSX)
    4) Deus Ex (PC)
    5) Half Life (Counter-Strike in particular) (PC)
    6) Dead or Alive (PSX)
    7) Elite (Amstrad CPC)
    8) Doom 2 (PC)
    9) Dark Reign (PC)
    10) Civilization 2 (PC)

A

Top 10 games (subject to change as I'm currently playing a lot of these):

1. Ultima 7: Part 1 & 2(play it and understand)
    2. Planescape Torment
    3. Minesweeper
    4. Skyroads
    5. Monkey Island 2
    6. Baldurs Gate
    7. Civ 2
    8. Final Fantasy 8
    9. Chronotrigger (SNES)
    10. Sensible Soccer 92 (Amiga)
    It's still the only fun sports game!

Guess which genre I like most!

does anyone know when we get our ctyi book thingies?

i'm doing sess 2. anyone who wants to do it with me can.

deirdre

Don't have a clue when they're due! You can apply on the official website (it has course listings) but please don't, or I mightn't get to do stuff.

My last year this year <sob frown.gif> so I'm doing both.

no-one and i mean no-one is allowed to complain about it being their last year at ctyi-because everyone is lucky to be able to go back this year-i am green with envy and i hate everyone of you-so there!rot in hell.

Grr... Ultima. Thats just on general principles, ive never actually played the game. Baldurs gate was a western RPG as well, i just dont like them. Torment wasnt a western RPG, it was AD&D, which is pretty much a genre of its own. Its ok, but i still havent got past the hive... too much work for so little reward smile.gif Monkey Island 2 was funny, but i preferred 3. ChronoTrigger is brilliant, Minesweeper and Civ 2 are understandable, Sensible Soccer is questionable, ive never heard of Skyroads, but Final 8 was complete pants compared with 7! It sucked DonkeyBollix in the face of the magnificent light that was Final Fantasy 7! As an RPG, it was pretty good, but as a part of the Final Fantasy series, it was a complete failure! Even 4 was better than 8, and 5 and 6 whipped it completely! (Im not getting emotional about this at all smile.gif)

A

Firstly, Baldur's Gate is also AD&D, I don't see how you could have failed to have noticed that. IT was set in the Forgotten Realms Capaign Setting rather than Torment's Planescape Campaign Setting but its still the same rules! Ultima is excellent if you're actually allowed PLAY it, whereas most of the time I had to spend hours watching Sven play it in is house. Monkey Island 1, 2 & 3 (and I hope 4, once Sven gives it me) are all brilliant. FF8 was very good (well, up to the point I'm at), but popular belief is that FF7 was better. I shall endeavour to obtain a loan of this game from a friend before the week is out. Get Skyroads here: http://www.auroria.yi.org/skyroads/skyroads.zip

It appears to be the full abandonware version, if its not then you can probably find it on the publisher's site: http://www.bluemoon.ee/

And finally, today my top ten games are:
    1. Half-Life & MODs
    2. Planescape Torment
    3. Baldur's Gate 1/2
    4. Skyroads
    5. Syndicate Wars
    6. Conflict Freespace/Freespace 2
    7. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
    8. Theme Park
    9. Dope Wars
    10. DOTT/Sam 'n' Max Hit the Road

I stress that this is my top 10 games for TODAY, and will probably be different tomorrow, or once I've eaten, whichever is sooner.

o<[
    @?

oops, I mean

i hafta say éilis that it is my last yr and i know i'm very lucky but we're going to miss all the ppl who can't come.

it'll be wrong. just wrong.

ofh my god it's my last yr! what happened here?
    it's like waking up one morning and realising that_this_is your life. weird.

remember back in the day? summer of 98?
    when "discrete maffs" was probability and chaos theory.

and what was IOI?

i was there, why am i confused?

deirdre

• Advertisement

i still have three years left!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha to the lot of ye!!!!!!!!!

qwidgybo

Advertisement