Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so few topics..........must add another......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

how nice-reply and quote is back.dont really feel like replying to anything though.hmmp.
    enjoy ctyi smile.gifand if you happen to meet my brother please kill/maime/seriously harm him for me please???it'd really cheer me up smile.gif

THE TRUE AND ABSOLUTE SPELLING IS.....

KWIDGBO!!!!!!!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imp:
    Firstly, Baldur's Gate is also AD&D, I don't see how you could have failed to have noticed that.</font>
    In theory, it could be because ive never played the game... tongue.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">FF8 was very good (well, up to the point I'm at), but popular belief is that FF7 was better.</font>
    FF8 is pretty good for a while, but its so much easier to get bored of. There dont seem to be as many locations and the fact that you cant revisit any old locations on the last disc SUX! One of the great things about 7 was that even if you missed things as you were playing through the game, you could spend hours on the final disc trying to get what you missed... and you could get most of them!
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I shall endeavour to obtain a loan of this game from a friend before the week is out.</font>
    Yes. Do. It 0wnz j00 smile.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Get Skyroads here: <snip URL></font>
    What is it?
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    1. Half-Life & MODs
    </font>
    Good, but number 1? I think this demonstrates that in terms of gameplaying, you really havent 'come of age', if a FPS is your favourite game... (J/K)
    2. Planescape Torment
    </font>
    What is it about that game??? I thought it was average at best...
    5. Syndicate Wars
    6. Conflict Freespace/Freespace 2
    </font>
    Both of these games rocked severely! However, i was a little p!ssed when i came to a level in Descent Freespace (as i will always know it as, after the American name) which i couldnt complete, although i tried for hours. I beat all the baddies, but still failed the mission... it was like the 3rd last mission too...

Enough for now! Maybe the Utopia server is working by now... smile.gif

A

Planescape FUNNY!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nothing:
    THE TRUE AND ABSOLUTE SPELLING IS.....

KWIDGBO!!!!!!!!!

</font>

no its not- its akshully KWYJIBO
    so it is
    or so says hello the magic drummer fairy
    so there you have it so you do

qwidgybo(i still like my spelling)

• Advertisement

oh,and reply and quote has returned!!and so has nothing!!!
    so they have

qwidgybo

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lordsippa:

4. Skyroads
    </font>

Is that the one where you're this little
    pod and you jump around this sort of a
    tetris-scape in space? No? Didn't think
    so.

-Ruairi

That was yesterday A, today my favourite game isn't going to be released for about a month (maybe I'm wrong, I'm tired and hungry), but in its absence, today my favourite game is [shudders] Ultima Ascension.

Anyway, back tomorrow.

iMP }:>

Ahhhh
    I don't play computer games at all at all

Mike the Canadian told me that it's one of the three reasons why I'm not perfect.

Oh well, a little imperfection is good smile.gif

"Kiss me out of desire" uhhh Jeff Buckley's singing at me.
    It's not an order or anything.
    It's just stuck in my head.

Love
    Carolan

That be Skyroads!

Ultima Ascension is odd. It can be REALLY fun. OR it can be utter bolvox!

Computer Games are not perfection making. But it does help if you are mad (??)

Ozzy Osbourne once choked Sharon after saying "We've decided you've got to die". He was arrested and woke in jail saying "What happened? Five minutes ago I was in a Chinese Restaraunt!" (He didn't kill her)

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lordsippa:
    Computer Games... help if you are mad</font>

Cheapest and easiest way to fill my house with the roar of gunfire.

-Ruairi

Imp, seems you were in my RA group in 00. Who the hell are you?

-Ruairi

Um, I was the guy people referred to as Ian. And our RA, Darryl called me Ian. And uh... I hung out with the two Andrews and Abe and Chris 'n' all them.............................

don't you remember me?!?

Nobody loves me!

describe yourself in another way and maybe i'll know you-i'll try my best to make you feel happy(no-one is to even think of taking that up wrong) smile.gif

Uh.... lovable! Funny (in the laugh with, not at way). Funny (in the laugh at, not with way). Um... good-looking (anybody who has ever seen me please don't contradict that).

Uh.... lovable! Funny (in the laugh with, not at way). Funny (in the laugh at, not with way). Um... good-looking (anybody who has ever seen me please don't contradict that).

</font>
    well you sound like some catch!!!
    available?!?

qwidgybo

hands up who got their dcu book thingies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(my hand is aloft at this moment,so it is)

is anyone going to session 1 this year???

qwidgybo

Um, yes (very much so at the moment, you?), but I was KINDA exaggerating about the good-looking thing.... ish... some girls think I am, some don't.

i hate to admit it but i am also very much available.

qwidgybo

Availability isn't something to be particularly ashamed of.... is it?? Dammit I've been doing this wrong all this time.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mahotée:
    In fact I have quite a few questions about facial hair.

I can help. I am an expert.

1. If you don't need to shave yet and you start anyway do you peel your face off?
    Why do you think I have no skin left? I mean OBFIOUSLY (duhhhh)
    But now my nice bushy beard conceals that from the world.

2. Why have beards?

I get all the hot birds.

3. Doesn't food get caught in them? It's like a net or something! You could go fishing! I wish I had a beard.

It's so useful when we have chicken pie for dinner. I just lean over everyone else's food and catch all their dinner in my beard. And voila! Lots more chicken pie for me!

4. I wish Caoileann had a beard. Don't you?

Yes. A purple one.

5. Do guys have have to shampoo their beards?

I don't know about guys, but girls sure do. I personally like Timotei, I find it gives my beard that extra bounce and leaves it feeling soft and shiny.

6. If you're old enough to be shaving, but you don't need to, does that mean the hair's growing inside your head?

Yeah, until you start shaving off your skin. Well that's what happened to me anyway.

7. Does hair gel work in beards?

When you say work, what do you mean? I find it's good at, for example, styling my beard into the latest fashionable shape, but not for catching chicken pie. So it has its pluses, and its minuses.

8. If you use hair gel for a really long time do you end up with one really wide hair?

If that's what you're in to ..
    Ask Ruairi, he'll know.
    But personally I don't like hair gel all that much, because I don't think Fiona likes when I use it.

9. If you grow a beard does that mean you're going to go bald because all the hair is going to your chin?

Hmm .. I'm not sure. Perhaps. I suppose my hair has been thinning since I started growing a beard ... maybe your face turns upside-down too. Gradually you turn into an upside-down head. And then your head turns the right way up again. It's how your body copes with the effect of gravity. Nobody ever notices anyone with an upside-down head because their head turns the right way around again straight away.

10. Do guys grow beards so they can blend in with those damn dirty apes when they take over the world(I'd like to point out that this didn't work for Charlton Heston)?

Well, that's just one of the many advantages of having a beard.

11. If times are hard, can you harvest and eat your beard, and survive on its beardy goodness?

Yes. But only if there's no fish or anything to catch with your beard, because that's obfiously more better than eating your beard.
    Or you could genetically modify your beard and turn it into bread by cleverly moving the 'r' into a different place.

12. If you use lots and lots of bryl cream on your beard, can you use it as a weapon to stab people with?

Marcus did that once. Well actually it was on his head. But he was going through one of those upside-down head stages at the time, so it was sort of his beard.

13. Are beards used in competitions for territory between males?

Well it certainly comes in handing in territorial competitions between females I find.

14. And in primitive courtship displays?

You've seen it in action, baby.

15. Do you cry into your pillow at night cos you don't have a sufficiently high testosterone level to grow a beard?

No.

16. Do you cry into your pillow at night because you do(I'm looking at you and your magnificent flowing beard, Fiona.)?

It doesn't bother me at all. I think it's rather attractive, personally. Fiona's beard, and my beard.
    Kate, why don't you have a beard?

17. When you first grew a beard, did you ward off an angry parent with "It followed me home and now it's mother won't take it back. Can I keep it?"?

Well, my parents were pretty pleased, we'd been looking for a new pet anyway.

18. Are you growing a beard because you want to be a Texas ranger like Chuck Norris?

No, cos I want to be like Fiona.

19. Can you smell your beard?

I prefer not to. It smells sort of chicken-pie-ish

20. Can you see your beard without looking in a mirror?

Yes. I can see it all the time. Because I have nothing but beard all around my face and sometimes it wraps itself around my eyes.

21. Do you choose not to grow facial hair because you can't bear the thought of a razor touching your delicate, soft skin?

No, I'm so manly and tough.

22. If you grow a medium length beard do people hunt you so they can steal your face and weave it into a carpet?

Yes. Beware the carpet weavers. But I gel my beard into a sharp point and attack them. That teaches them a lesson they dont' forget in a hurry.

Okay I'm going to skip a few questions .. running out of time ...

27. Have any of you ever tried to grow a beard only to have it go horribly wrong and the beard completely covered your face and you only just managed to shave it off in time to avoid suffocation?

ALLLLL the time.
    It happened just the other day, actually.

28. Do you think your beard goes out on the town while you are asleep at night?

I once caught it with another woman. Man was I ****ed off.

29. Are you jealous of your beard?

It gets all the birds.

30. Are people laughing with you, or laughing with your beard?

I'm never quite sure.

32. Is your beard laughing with you, or at you?

At me. It steals all my hot birds and it thinks it's FUNNY
    pu chh

33. Is your beard a fire hazard?

Yes, but I carry a fire extinguisher at all times.

34. Aren't you afraid that your beard will come awake in the night and eat your face?

It tried once before. I had to get a restraining order put on it.

35. Do you think having a beard would make you a mighty wizard like Gandalf?

I'm going to be a mighty witch like Sabrina on Tuesday. Superrrr.

36. Do you think not having a beard will make you a heroic hobbit like Frodo?

Definitely not. Don't be silly.

39. Do you think not growing a beard will make you irresistible to women, like it did for James Bond, and Hawkeye, and Captain Kirk?

Well I find I get many more hot birds with my beard than without it.

40. Was growing a beard just a pathetic attempt to gain the respect of you legions of monkey warriors?

Partly.
    Do you respect me more for it, Kate?

41. Are beards like plants, and their roots absorb your brain fluid, so you end up with a wonderfully bushy beard, and a pathetically desiccated brain?

They try to. So feed them plant food and chicken pie, so they don't need to eat your brain.

43. Have you ever been so embarrassed by your lack of facial hair that you taped small mammals to your face?

I've never had that problem.

44. If you have no outward facial hari, does that mean you can spit hair at attackers in self-defence?

I could only do that for a short while. Until I shaved my skin off.

45. Do you allow your face to become covered in a thick layer of stubble so that you can go up to people in bars, act crazy, and then if anyone complains, shout that you were in 'Nam?

Yeah. It's fun. They usually lock me up anyway.

46. If you got a bald guy with a beard and used a vacuum cleaner to suck the top of his head, would his beard travel backwards through his skull to his scalp, leaving him with no beard, but with a head full of long luxurious hippy hair, swept back like the wings of a majestic bird?

It would work, but because of the whole upside-down head thing it would mess up his face completely.
    I mean who wants hair on their head if their nose is upside-down?

48. Do cats ever pounce on your beard, try to kill it, and try to carry it away to their owner?

Only when I've just used it to catch chicken pie.

50. If beards are so great, why don't I have one?

You can have some of mine.
    </font>

Grrr... Valentines day was a month ago ppl! And the facial hair board is... ummm... that way!

biggrin.gif

A

apolOgies

On the shaving thing, I do it only in moderation when my beard hairiness reaches the stage where IT tries to eat the chicken pie!!! Grr!

In answer to your questions : yes.

Don't mock the Nam! It was hell out there! I had to sell myself for sex (you read it right!)! AAAAAAAAAAAARGH! The memories!

Incidentally, is anyone else EXTREMELY P1SSED off at the fact that we can only do ONE SESSION! (I'll be doing session two)...

Ian... should I comment? Or would that be TOO cruel?
    And yes! We all know that I'm so hideous I make Mo Mowlam attractive! Grr!

"Makes me happy, makes me sane - Cocaine!"

Originally posted by Mahotée:

Ruairi, do you shave yet?
    Is she implying something, being insulting, or just being Kate? I just don't know anymore. Not that I ever knew, really. Just a phrase. Yes, every few days since I was thirteen. It just isn't very obvious what with it being blonde 'n all.

1. If you don't need to shave yet and you start anyway do you peel your face off?
    not if you're using a decent razor and don't go throwing it at your face at bad angles and apply pressure

2. Why have beards?
    it's a style thing. why does anyone do anything with their hair?

3. Doesn't food get caught in them?
    Paul has a plan to grow a big beard to his waist for the purposes of snacking in class.

8. If you use hair gel for a really long time do you end up with one really wide hair?
    Enter Ruairi undisputed king of Brylcreem.... (only been seen once in the last year without any) no, it biodegrades.

9. If you grow a beard does that mean you're going to go bald because all the hair is going to your chin?
    no, it's always growing you just get rid of it if you shave it. think about it.

24. If you are capable of growing a beard and you just choose not to and you just don't shave for a couple of days, can you use your face as sandpaper?
    it has a sandpaper-like effect on your chest if you fall asleep face-up in such conditions...

25. Neanderthals grew beards and they were far more primitive than us. Why can't you do it?
    because we don't want to associate with Neanderthals. and we could if we wanted to.

38. Are you afraid that not growing a beard will make you a coward like Yossarian?
    but I respect and admire Yossarian. he speaks great wisdom

45. Do you allow your face to become covered in a thick layer of stubble so that you can go up to people in bars, act crazy, and then if anyone complains, shout that you were in 'Nam?
    no, but I *sooo* will now that you've given me the idea

49. Do you like apples? I hear many beardless people are insane. How you like them apples?
    *now* I'm alarmed. even more alarmed that only *now* I find this alarming.

Jesus Kate, how long did this all take you? and why did I spend 5 mins writing this when I actualy had something better to do. oh well, never mind.

-Ruairi

[This message has been edited by The-Rev (edited 09-03-2001).]

Kate?!? All those unnecessarily evil remarks towards me. (I can't remember most of them so lets just pretend they're evil).

Yes I do shave. I have been asked to shave more often by various friends/principal.

I wasn't no lil guy! I was taller than everybody. Expecially in my big boots!

Gel does work in beards, but don't try it unless you want to look like you've got one of my old hairstyles on your chin (lets discuss THAT phase of my life no further)
    47. Have you ever noticed that in War films, the guy with no facial hair always dies an early, slow and agonising death? Do you think they're trying to tell you something? Ian?</font>

Of course they were trying to tell me something! They're saying that American soldiers are stupid. Didn't you ever notice that all the bearded guys died early on too, and the rest of the film was just the Nazis skinning the bodies and using the skin for clothing and eating the intestines and using the brains as pillows?? And then when Hitler took over the planet he had to fight off the Wookies... and when they all died he joined the dark side but slew the emperor and Darth Vader and then he took over the entire universe the end.
    Don't mind me, Ian, hormones are bad for you anyway. </font>
    No they're not bad for you. Except for that time that teacher thought I was staring at her breasts.... uh..... I wasn't though, OK?

since when did it become 'pick on gimp(sorry,it slipped out)day'??
    i suppose i could be considered to be contributing but the charm of the joke has yet to wear off(for me anywho)

qwidgybo

Okay I see a new username is in order

}:>

No they're not bad for you. iMP }:></font>

i could contradict you there

qwidgybo

• Advertisement

Argue your opinion.