Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid boards

• 14-03-2001 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Why do these boards keep telling me that flood-control is activated and I can't post within 6o seconds of my last post when I haven't posted anything in about 2o mins?!?!

Sort it!

}:>

P.S. I had to endure several of these to get this topic up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Because otherwise wed get a lot of malicious spammers, as opposed to the average bog standard sad spammers like yourself smile.gif

A

Firstly, I resent that.

Secondly I REALLY don't appreciate being told that I've posted less than 6o seconds ago when I haven't posted TODAY.

}:>

Boards being upgraded, i imagine. That was just a guess, by the way. Ive never had that problem, even when i HAVE posted twice in 60 seconds...

A

Actually, thats a common occurance, which might have been the reason for the whole 60 seconds thing - people with slow connections often hit the 'submit reply' button more than once, resulting in multiple posts.

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

On behalf of boards.ie, I apologise (but I have no idea why that happened!).

Let me know if the problem persists.

John.
    --

John Breslin
    Cloud Internet
    http://www.planetcloud.com/
    cloud@eircom.net

• Advertisement

Apology accepted. It doesn't seem to happen anymore anyway... }:>

(boredom)