Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Activities

Options
  • 19-03-2001 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

What was the best activity at DCU?

What activities are great but are never done (officially) at DCU?

(your dirtiest and most interesting answers please!!!)

love
    happy me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

i really enjoyed debating... but i'm influenced.....

cloudwatching was fun too....

but basketball rocked..... :)

way to indiscicive

love
    happy me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hmmm, debating/discussion.

Possibly because that was all I ever did seen as medical problems excluded me from all sporty-type-things.

But then, debating/discussion is quite fun anyway, right }:>

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smiles:

What activities are great but are never done (officially) at DCU?
    </font>
    what was serena suggestion at session1??something about a big dark make-out room????it sounded like fun-esp. when emma(ra) said that they'd never be able to get an ra to *supervise* it.

Cloudwatching = sitting on your ass, in a big park, in the sunshine, listening to music and talking to Peter Budden, and carrying people.

-Ruairi

volleyball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and talent show-we had a bit of a larf there so we did.

qwidgybo

• Advertisement

Hehe yes i remember the make-out activity suggestion... not likely to happen...

I liked debating/discussion (did a lot of that this year). I did basketball every day except one last year, and a couple of days this year.

Anyone remember in session 2 when sharon(ra) actually made us lie back and watch clouds during cloudwatching??!

A

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mahotée:
    I had fun with Fiona's pyjama top. I don't know if it(the top)'s big enough for it to become an activity, though</font>

?

I really, really wanted that Pokèmon pogrom. Where we find everything pokemon, and burn it in a parade at midnight.

-Ruairi

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Asuka:
    Hehe yes i remember the make-out activity suggestion... not likely to happen...

I liked debating/discussion (did a lot of that this year). I did basketball every day except one last year, and a couple of days this year.

Anyone remember in session 2 when sharon(ra) actually made us lie back and watch clouds during cloudwatching??!

A
    </font>
    i remember that-i also remember when the ras made everyone doing debate and board games go outside for cloudwatching although that may have been in session1.
    i liked any activity which didnt require me to move for any lenght of time-lazy i know.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The-Rev:

I really, really wanted that Pokèmon pogrom. Where we find everything pokemon, and burn it in a parade at midnight.

-Ruairi
    </font>

what do you have against pokemon??they're cute and cuddley looking.and charmander sets things on fire which is always super-fun smile.gif

here's a few great unofficial activities:

1)worshipping wavin tm pipes and joe dolan

2)singing songs about Wavin tm pipes

3)singing altered versions of the teenage mutant hero turtles theme tune,replacing 'hero turtles' with 'marty whelan' or bertie ahern'

4)cavan dancing-preferably outside psych's window while they are doing an exam

5)singing 'we will rock you' in the canteen

6)recording shtuff such as the 'fup off ryan song' and 'sweetcave' on the laptop of someone in your class

7)photo sessions with a mad cavan man dressed like one of the village people,preferably flakin someone up the @rse with a wavin pipe

8)flaking someone up the @rse with a wavin pipe

9)moshing to the darth vader song from star wars

10)staying up till seven in the morning making paper hats(this one i have yet to try out but am told that its great craic)

11)making jelly and then eating it

and such and such

qwidgybo

[This message has been edited by qwidgybo (edited 22-03-2001).]

• Advertisement

(gay)

I can't believe none of you mentioned music appreciation.

that was definitely the best.

me and john talked about music for ages and then maffu played nirvana and blair said wow man that rocked and stuff and john told him nirvana were ****e with no musical talent

and we got to play our favourite songs

and it was brilliant

love
    carolan

(boredom)

(gay carolan)

gay jerome

i HATE YOU KATE

fgggggggggggiona

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

my posts are lonely.... please please someone reply (with something other than "boredom" or "gay" (and that includes you ruairi -- you're posts just reek even without the words..... hehehe ) j/k

lol
    love
    me

right so!!

qwidgybo

i'll post something-but only to cheer up fionnuala's poor sad likkle post-smile smile.gifi dont have anything to say though-sorry smile.gif

And keeping them awake in any way possible.

panda spread,thumbtack,and an I.D. card always worked

Oh, and truth and dare.

or not.

there should have been quote marks in there somewhere,don't blame me,i'm sick and listening to crap music.argh another crazy ranking system,why must they confuse poor jess so?

eh

• Advertisement
Advertisement