Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What songs will live forever>?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

As I remember things, this is what happened. I said I would go. I then asked Kev. We went into town one day and said "lets check how many tickets are left". The guy in sound cellar said "a few" we said we'd come back at the weekend at which time you said "I don't know if I'll go", and at that stage it was a few days before the concert so you coouldn't really change your mind.

Yes you are partially correct that I was undecided. But that was in February.

So there.

}:>

Let's just let it drop (it was cause of lack of money, if you must know why).

OK it is now dropped, I just don't like untruths being told about me.

tickets for the frames kinda depends on where you want to go and see them.they're touring the whole country at the mo and i was going to see them in kilkenny but of course things didnt go to plan.check out 'the ticket' magazine in the times on wed. to find out where they are playing this week.

qwidgybo

thanks, qwidg

• Advertisement

carolan how can you not know??
    bell x1!!
    pu-chhh.
    and and and jeff buckley and radioface and muse and the doors and soundgarden (spoon man).
    why does everyone like u2 lots and lots?
    they aren't that great you know.
    deirdre

I'm sorry to be the one to point it out to you Deirdre, but U2 are, in fact, one of the best bands in the world. THE best, in my humble opinion.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imp:
    but U2 are, in fact, one of the best bands in the world.</font>

Obviously! I mean, you only have to listen to a few of their *good* songs to realise that.

-R

U2 are, in fact, one of the best bands in the world. THE best, in my humble opinion.

</font>

hmmmm,not too sure about that myself-i mean,they have done some absolutely fe<kin amazing shtuff but then the shtuff that isnt amazing is either mediocre(is that spelled right?) or utterly sh!te-particularly in the latest album-beautiful day,elevation and wild honey and the rest leaves a lot to be desired.like what the fup is going on with new york??and peace on earth-helloooo! and dont get me started on the ground beneath her feet................

qwidgybo

[This message has been edited by qwidgybo (edited 16-04-2001).]

On ATYCLB:
    Beautiful Day, Stuck In A Moment, Elevation, Walk On, Kite, In A Little While and Wild Honey all amazing songs. Peace On Earth and When I Look At The World are, I admit not great, and the same for Grace. However, New York is apparently a gem live. The Ground Beneath Her Feet wasn't part of the album it was a bonus track on the UK edition to stop people from getting cheaper European imports, but nonetheless it is still an excellent song.

• Advertisement

the ground beneath her feet is abysmal!!its unbelieveably terrible!granted,u2 didn't write it but its still a lot of sh!te and has no place on something people pay good money for.

so there

qwidgybo

U2... they sure do some pretty amazing songs (Dirty Day anyone?)

So... Guns N' Roses, eh? (and not the NEW one what sucks ass)

can't say i've heard dirty day-at least not while being aware that it was u2
    can't say i've heard much of guns 'n' roses shtuff in about 7 years either cos that would just be lying

qwidgybo

"These days! Days! Days! Run like horses over the hill!"

i shan't comment...

I never found U2 too interesting either. They're not bad, it just seems that on every album there are a few good songs and a few bad, or something.
    So what does everyone think of the Kinks?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cait:
    So what does everyone think of the Kinks?</font>

never heard of them

qwidgybo

"Sunny Afternoon" - classic.

Love the Kinks.... have one of their songbooks over there if I remember correctly, as well as their greates hits.

If any of you saw In the Name of the Father last night - dedicated follower of fashion was on it. Just thought I'd let you know

"Oh yes he is [Oh yes he is!], Oh yes he is [Oh yes he is!]"

• Advertisement

Love the Kinks.... have one of their songbooks over there if I remember correctly, as well as their greates hits.

</font>

Lola...she like cherry cola...lalalalalola...

I saw the frames yesterday and they kicked ass, and I love them so much. I got a t-shirt and an autograph. And an autograph from mic christopher, one of the support acts. You should all check him out. I'll post his website address tomorrow

Advertisement