Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics,religion and games should not be mixed.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Wouldnt go down well here but its already happening . Take a game like Rogue spear or a less ...sensible fragfest Like Soldier of Fortune , both are Extremely offensive to the Islamic faith ,and the Struggles the Islamic people fight against aggressors , this all under the pretense of the defence of Democracy ? Obviously a Northern Ireland Based game wouldnd go down well here , but by god those yanks would lap it up.

Shrewgar!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bugler:

Do you think a game about N.I where IRA men and British army soldiers would catch on? Could we throw in the loyalists?
    </font>

Actually there is one in developement, going under the name of Global Operations
    http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2663337,00.html
    As for whether or not it is a good thing or not, thats entirely up to the player themself. Personally its just art imitating life. Noone has problems with books, is it any different that the games are visually more graphic (books are extremely inflammitory) so if you ask the question is it any worse? then I would have to say no. Obviously its my choice what to do, I choose to read whatever material I want, same with games. But if the game turns out to be pants then I wont buy it for the feature of killing brits, I much prefer spending my time teaching my creature how do do everything a million times and watching him f*ck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Jesus, what's next? Theme Concentration Camp (tm)?

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm currently working on an Unreal total conversion where you play Judas Escariot. You have to ensure Jesus gets crucified.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Next up should be : Columbine:The Massacre

*Shoot as many students as you can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Want to know something scary? There was a freeware game made on the dunblane shooting. Only head shots counted frown.gif.
    Token smiley that really doesnt belong in this post at all --> cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Vega

Limp Bizkit!!!!!!!!!!Gamecube sucks ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I see nothing worng with that, wasnt there an IRA skin in one of the CS beta's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 [-NIM-]Tim

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLancer:
    I see nothing worng with that, wasnt there an IRA skin in one of the CS beta's?</font>

Kinda, it was in for the first beta (we're not onto the 9th or 10th evolution of the game).

It was just a name, and it wasn't really an IRA skins as such, just a name. They took all the real terror groups out for Beta 2 and replaced them with fictious groups or descriptions.

Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bugler:
    Next up should be : Columbine:The Massacre

*Shoot as many students as you can!
    </font>

Actually there is a CS map of colombine out.

Didn't HIV do the first N.I. Mod? smile.gif Object was to get your Orange team to pass through the green teams base.

• Advertisement
Advertisement