Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So now that I know that this is the CTYI....

Options
  • 31-05-2001 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing related to the last thread, which due to the merciful intervention of the gracious Asuka, has been forever banished to the place where all the pointless threads go etc.

Just wondering who's doing what, interest fields, and anyone in college here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am (unofficially) a philosopher! I am also trying to sway people to my way of thinking (that since nothing can in theory exist, existance is false and hence existence doesn't exist!)...

Um... I've just finished TY, but I'm often mistaken for a college goer by hari-krishnas and charity people! not to mention bookstore clerks!

I dig juice!

I write comics... or at least I like to...

My greatest academic achievement was 2% in an 1st year Irish exam that I got to take at home without supervision!

I got John McCrea to draw me a Zombie Penguin. Ask Ian - he's seen it! It is very good doncha know!

So, c eh? Nesf you probably are right but I just can't admit it or then it means I didn't deserve to win second prize for my science project.

Anyway, yes I also like to write comicies, as well as a teeny-tiny-itty-bitty-little bit of computer programming (BTW, anybody with MS VisualC++, gimme!!)

My greatest academic achievement was the teachers turning a blind eye whenever I was out (true).

The zombie penguin is really cool. REALLY!!

Damn these wisdom teeth, my gums are starting to hurt... but I'll be really wise, 'cos the dentist says they won't need to be taken out. Although that was the same dentist who accidentally sliced the inside of my cheek while polishing my premolars.

}:>

Hmmm... i guess i shouldnt be surprised as to who got to this thread first smile.gif

I am 17 now, finished 5th year in school (i did TY), and i went to CTYI 3 years in a row, for a total of 4 sessions. The courses i did were Game Theory '98, Psychology '99, International History '00 and International Relations '00.

In my spare time i play lots of computer games, so youve probably seen me in other boards wink.gif

I also do tons of other stuff, but all in smaller quantities smile.gif

But thats enough about me!

A

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Asuka:
    Hmmm... i guess i shouldnt be surprised as to who got to this thread first
    A
    </font>

And what is THAT supposed to mean?

Just because I spend my life on the internet and am a regular poster...

Actually, I haven't been on much. It's only that I haven't much else to do than to post on this...

frown.gif

No! I lie! I'm great so there! :P

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Asuka:
    Hmmm... i guess i shouldnt be surprised as to who got to this thread first smile.gif
    </font>

Normally you should have been surprised by my quick reply, seen as I'm not supposed to be online on weekdays. But... Cronotrigger... so... brilliant... had... to... get.

• Advertisement

i like shtuff...........and fings................and playing string instruments(grrrr pianos and fings you have to blow into.......except the clarinet maybe)

i'm only a wee secondary school person,checked shirt to be a bit more specific,2nd year to be exact

i also like philosophy,its fun,at times complicated,but fun

so there you have it so you do

hmmmmm im in sixth year and will start icky exams on wednesday and am terrified about them.i REALLY want to study history but have no idea what to do with the rest of my life so i welcome any and all suggestions.

Do some sort of archaeology or classics related subject in college if you like history, I hear they're all fun. Then get lots of money, fly to Egypt/Italy/Greece and dig up dead bodies/dead bodies/pottery for money.

build a time machine and fry eggs!

Both marvellous suggestions.

Or, you could do a doctorate in how history and historical events and ideals continue to effect our modern lives, write a book and then figure out what else to do!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imp:
    Do some sort of archaeology or classics related subject in college if you like history, I hear they're all fun. Then get lots of money, fly to Egypt/Italy/Greece and dig up dead bodies/dead bodies/pottery for money.

</font>

not really interested in that timeframe i prefer modern history and political theories but i dont want to be a politican cos im too shy-i get scared talking to more than one person.

• Advertisement

Ah right, well then you could become a really bad politician, or you could become a negotiator type person. I dunno, whatever suits you.

you could go into research for history-based tv programmes,magazines etc.
    wait-working in media is my dream
    oh well-it could be cool
    you have 4 to 5 years to decide what you'll do after college

I think anything to do with music would be cool

Advertisement