Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people fear what they don't understand?

Options
  • 02-06-2001 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This worries me somewhat. i'm sick of ignorant people who don't like me because i'm different, it gets annoying. i am of the belief that 'tis the parents' fault in the beginning for not teaching their childeren proper values. sorry, this has just been on my mind lately because people keep calling me names and sh*t when i go into town.
    eat your kinsfolk+use a napkin,
    shepityhelldamncrap cool.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    ignorant,narrow-minded people are sooooo frustrating!!
    like one time,we had a non-uniform day(such a frustrating tradition seeing as about 85% of the school plan out their outfits and ask you what you are wearing a week beforehand and then all show up in the exact same clothes-grrrrr to that 85%)and the following day this absolute up-herself b!tch in my french class turned to me and said:"oh my god,what the hell were you wearing yesterday?"
    shouting insued,of course

then,this other absolutely ignorant and annoying b!tch told my friend (who also hates her as much as i do but the b!tch finks they're friends):"if you become a goth,i'll disown you"

and there are soooooo many other things i could shout about angrily for hours and hours but i'll spare you all

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I agree with all of that above. I dislike ignorant and stupid people (and no, before Sven starts, I amn't one of them (at least I don't *think* so)).

}:>

Ian dear, you are not ignorant - just foolish. And I mean that in a loving way.

I am sick of people stereotyping me! I am not a goth (I have come to hate everything that modern goths are!). I would have enjoyed being a goth in the 80s but even then it would have been too much effort for me.

I am a grumpy bastaard who hates everybody because they all are stupid blind little fools who cannot see the truth and enjoy themselves so much more because of it!

I begin to draw comparisions between myself and other "outcasts" - the insane for example. I'd make a good rock star only I'm not good looking enough, nor am i interested in any controlled substance be it legal or not (i have my reasons!)!

A friends father thinks I'm eccentric. I don't have enough money to be eccentric!

I have learned that if you break out of your shell and be who you are people will accept you (they may not like you). Just don't do it the day after someone else did.

A group of people i knew dumped me because THEY'RE friends were commenting on the "weird blonde guy" they were hanging with. Popularity b1thches!

I am oddly content, so don't feel pity or sorrow for me. I'm having a pretty good day even if i am slowly beginning to slip into my usual wallowing in self pity... but even that's beginning to pass.

Love, lUck and lollipops!

Sven

the heading of this topic looks like it could be an essay option on my english paper.hmmmm i told pixie person i would post a reply but unfortunately i cant think of anything to say-im blaming shakespeare for this-4 hours of staring at Hamlet has fried what little brains i had left.

Not enough people are replying to this. you all suck. well except for those who did reply, you i love. have none of you got any opinions? at least half the people on this phucking thing are weird,imean we all (well most of us) went to ctyi didn't we? grrrrrrr****arse. i am not a happy person right now.i am quickly losing faith in this establishment. thing.
    eAt youR kinSfoLk,
    sHe

• Advertisement

i never really post on here, but i gotta agree with ya.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shep the malevolent pixie:
    Not enough people are replying to this. you all suck. well except for those who did reply, you i love. have none of you got any opinions? at least half the people on this phucking thing are weird,imean we all (well most of us) went to ctyi didn't we? grrrrrrr******** . i am not a happy person right now.i am quickly losing faith in this establishment. thing.
    eAt youR kinSfoLk,
    sHe
    </font>
    firstly-did you seriously expect us to have opinions???silly naive child.
    secondly-you actually had faith in something created by Adam???i hate repeating myself but:silly naive child

i hate those ppl too.the people in my year who call me a goth cos i wear black eyeliner.when i was walking home (from mass ironically) some guys pushed me into a wall and spat on me because i was wearing a nirvana t-shirt,didnàt hear exactly what they said but it was somehing to do with satan worship,funnily enough.what has nirvana got to do with satan? my PE teacher called me and my friend Dr. and Mrs Death after we turned up for sports day wearing all black (each year was assigned a colour to wear,in fairness our years was black) argh ****ers.well there are my little anecodtes in rantish manner,fell free to ignore them
    Jess live from some webcafe in Venice
    btw,shep,who r u? i don't know

I have an opinion. You all seem to be doing a little stereotyping yourselves. I can't stand small minded people, but I'd still get to know them first to see if they are as small minded as they are made out to be, and most of them aren't, so I think you are all being very unfair.

And,Jim, who were these b!tches who dared insult my stalkee???

clickclick click click

[This message has been edited by nothing (edited 11-06-2001).]

Grrr

A

• Advertisement

they are some of the wonderful people of my wonderful year who you seem to stereotype yourself,what with all that hating them all having never talked to them all so you can't condemn anyone here.

so clickclickclickidyclick cliclick click clickclick

and hearing jess' stories makes me very very mad.
    its at times like these when i wish i was a goldfish or something so i wouldn't have to live with the shame of being part of the human race

12 that's more like it. keep 'em coming childeren. By the way, bush believes that humans and fish can coexist peacefully so why not humans and freaks? (i am a freak so i'm allowed say it)
    SheP cool.gif

oh, and shut up eilis. :P

Oh yeah how did you all get your pretty icons?
    sHep cool.gif

I was going to comment on how infuriated Jess' story made me, but my connection crashed while I was typing! Those guys were utter pr*cks! (or at least their actions made them out to be so, Nothing)

I was at mass (never again) and the priest gave this sermon in which he went on about gods love while also using terms like "freaks" and stereotyping the entire media industry as "stupid". Fair enough, a lot is but it is a vitaly important thing!

His actual reference to "freaks" was as regards Big Brother. He cited that anyone willing to be watched by the public 24 hours must have some personal problems and how anyone who appeared on the show were "freaks". I left at this point (horribly offended by such ignorance and hypocracy). I did feel like speaking up and commenting on how rare priests are in this country. How different their lifestyle is. The fact that they must speak to people and present themselves to address members of the public daily could insinuate that they had problems leading to attention craving. I felt like pointing out that they, if anyone, were "freaks".

And yes I hate the church (i in fact hate all religions). But I also hate the government, laws, boundaries, systems and anything which attempts to enforce its ideals upon me (including most people and very often myself).

But the government has its uses, and I'm lazy. Plus, despite their narrow minded ignorance and trash expelling natures - many people are actually good fun to be with (and some people aren't even trash expelling)!

I get along with my class despite the fact that most treat me with contempt and fear. The fact is, I just ignore and avoid the ones who make it their lifes calling to irritate me (or else, if that's not possible, I -as nicely as possible- meet there insults with viscious glares and aggressive and/or witty comments).

I will someday publish my views and then people will see! AND THEN I WILL BE FULLY MISUNDERSTOOD AND WILL BE KILLED TO PROTECT THE SANITY OF THE NATION!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shep the malevolent pixie:

oh, and shut up eilis. :P
    </font>
    well considering that this whole topic is about freedom of expression if i want to tell you that i think you're (slightly) naive i will so there!!!!wow deja vu or however that is spelt-i had to agrue about freedom of expression and all that crap on my french paper!!who'd thought i could form a coherent thought in a foreign language-it came as a shock to me.

um
    sure, those people weren't very nice at all at all to do anything mean and nasty, but then, you're hating them back. and hating isn't nice. if you just file them away neatly in your head as people not to bother with, everything becomes nicer. when you're busy hating people, the world isn't as fun. so i try not to hate people, just file them away neatly.
    and oh dear i've been disconnected.
    anyway, if you get really angry, immerse your soul in love or music (same thing really) and you'll feel better.
    it's upsetting hearing so much hate from the fingers (i presume you guys are typing with your fingers, though knowing some of you ...) of such nice people.
    and so ends my little happylecture.

i got sunshine in a bag.
    love
    carolan the televangelist

It might just be me, but I thought that this was the topic where you vent your anger at the world in general in some pointless whine about "how misunderstood I am" and what!

And I hope to god that I am NOT understood, cause if I am then there world is twice as f*cked as I've been claiming it is!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lordsippa:
    AND THEN I WILL BE FULLY MISUNDERSTOOD AND WILL BE KILLED TO PROTECT THE SANITY OF THE NATION!</font>

hopefully sooner rather than later,eh s club sven?!

and i would love to be able to file such horrible people as those we have all been *****ing about in this topic away in the back of my head but its just too damn hard sometimes!arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggg and grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    at least i vent all my anger out wiv words and not thumping and kicking such yukky people.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by qwidgybo:
    eh s club sven?!</font>

tee-hee

Aha! The tables have turned! Bwahwahahaha, etc., etc.

Thank you qwidgybo.

}:>

any time,imp.
    any time

Aint no party like an S Club party wink.gif

j/k

A

I don't exactly hate them...no, no i do. I hate the ones that beat you up and are going to hell anyway so it's okay to hate them...emm yes...so...an S club party...then...?
    shEp? confused.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Asuka:
    Aint no party like an S Club party wink.gif
    </font>

i believe it goes
    "ain't no party like an s cort party" ACKshurly

love
    carolan

When ignorance is bliss,
    'Tis folly to be Wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SOL:
    When ignorance is bliss,
    'Tis folly to be Wise.
    </font>

Who's trying to make up for his frivilriousness !! I cant spell that either! :)

Advertisement