Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the sad and the soon to be...

Options
  • 07-07-2001 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

It's only a few hours to go. About 14. I haven't started to pack yet. I can't bring myself to. I can't wait to get there, but it's almost like I'm not going. I'm too prepared. I know so many people there. I know what to bring. I know what to expect. I shouldn't. It's wrong. And yet, I don't know if I'd like to go back to the whole in the dark thing. It's just different. So get over it.

This topic is for all those who are beyond CTYI. All those I am soon to join. Think of it as me planning ahead. Think of it as me feeling really **** bout those session 1 people who are still upset bout going and having to put up with all us session 2 people. I know I'm probably going to feel pretty bad when I get home. I'm going to miss it. But maybe I won't. I don't know.

This is in case I do miss it. This is so I can b1tch and whine and reminisce and so on! But for now, it can serve as a place for everyone else to. Cause these boards aren't bout CTYI anymore, except that it's a common link. These are for CTYIers between sessions and ex-CTYIers during them. And the thing is, it's good that these have gotten wider cause otherwise they'd get pretty dull. Very quickly. I mean, look at who we are!

I'm feeling deep and somewhat sad and I don't know why. I just feel out of place. So bear with me. I probably shouldn't post this, but I will.

So shut up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hmmmm

[This message has been edited by Deo (edited 22-07-2001).]

cheer up eoin being a nevermore isnt the end of the world(as i found out around 48 weeks ago).plenty of ctyi ppl will still talk to you after it ends honest and even if they dont i'll still talk to you smile.gifso smile and be somewhat happy smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifi think this is the maximum smiles they will let me post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I dont like being a NeverMore! frown.gif

Don't worry. It was just a really profound moment that I had to try and express. Almost as cool as the more recent "glass" moment (I entered a dazed state - like being stoned - by thinking about glass).

I ****in hate being a nevermore! wish I wasnt 17........... frown.gif

• Advertisement

I now know what it's like to be a ... past participant in the CTYI social study (i don't like the term nevermore). I've decided that things will only get better cause now I'm a CTYIer only unbounded by CTYI. I rock! (Bare with me, it's either that or depression)

OK, guys!!

I am not a nevermore...in fact I probably won't be for a while (I'm 13, like!!)

But....you people AREN'T nevermores...this is merely the beginning.

Coming to CTYI...you have a boost. I know that most of the newbies @ CTYI...before they went there...were...alone. They thought that there was no-one else out there like them...but then suddenly they find a whole new Utopia, full to the brim with people that share their interests, and basically are on the same spiritual plane - which means they get on SO well!!

CTYI allows all of these people to come together, and to KNOW that there are people whom they can truly call 'friends'.

Otherwise...you may meet someone that special in a chatroom...walkin' down highstreet...something that simple....

And never see them again!!

So..you see...CTYI brings these ppl 2gether.

It gives them hope. Courage. Strength.

So...CTYI is just the beginning. Now, you have all made REALLY good friendships. I'm sure you all keep in touch by email or something.

There is ALWAYS a community of CTYI....no matter what...always a shoulder to lean on..

So...on a closing note...

CHEER UP ALL YOU NEVERMORES!!

Or...should I call ye FOREVERMORES?!?! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

...~M/W/~...

Smiley sounds like ****in Sheila now! Remember session 1??

Teehee, so he does.

Oi...don't insult me so.... tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Smiley (edited 29-07-2001).]

• Advertisement

edited: never mind, it was just a silly question...

--bob

[This message has been edited by Robbie Burke (edited 30-07-2001).]

It was my first and last year frown.gif

Yes you can all feel sad for me frown.gif

God Dermo!!!

I just realised you are a nevermore :S :S

That really sucks .. I never quite copped on coz I talk to you so much and we are great mates ansd stuff .. but you are a nevermore ... DAMN!!!

that just hit me when I read you're post and despite having three years of ctyi left .. there won't be any dermo there .. i will be lost without you frown.giffrown.gif

you are a dope aren't u?

I went around as one of the oldest guys there and you never coped on??

As I told Tara I will be poping in a couple of times so that we can cause some havoc

Advertisement