Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork suck!!

Options
  • 16-07-2001 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just thought I'd say that for Laura in my class who was talking about cork ever since she got here.....then decided that she was from kerry when cork lost against kerry. She now seems to be talking about cork again.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

laura,this is for you-GRRRROARRRR!!!!

arrrrrrgggggggggg

I have recently come into contact with many Corkish people. So ha then! Corkish people are fun to make fun of. But some of them are fun in other ways.

Cork are great............I feel I have said enough

Forget all those annoying little culchie-filled counties, I'm gonna settle this argument for once and for all and say that DUBLIN ROCKS!
    Joanne

One of the great things about the internet is that when im online nobody has to know that im from monaghan.

Leave off the location debate please, its old, and not deserving of the attention of reasonably intelligent minded people.

(Right?)

A

• Advertisement

Asuka......

'In cyberspace.......nobody can hear your monaghan accent...' eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Just like no one can hear my cool Northern accent! (or so I've been told) wink.gif

*sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Smiley:
    Asuka......

'In cyberspace.......nobody can hear your monaghan accent...' :eek: :eek: :eek:
    </font>

he doesnt actually have a monaghan accent :) Trust me i know :)

Love,
    Fionnuala

I'm pointing and laughin, a monaghan accent? How unfortunate! Could be worse, you could sound or look like Breifne!

Or even be Breifne, but thankfully im not. smile.gif

A

• Advertisement

Or Breifne could do his man-eating trick (or "lunch" as he calls it) and you could be IN Breifne!

Now THATS scary.

Well, where did you think those little skateboarders went that were there one day the last week? Breifne hadnt eaten in the ten minutes before that, so needless to say, they were never seen again.

Poor b.a.s.t.a.r.d.s

its just impossible to understand the cork pople especially the ones from west cork the accent is f**king headwrecking

i'd have to disagree there- the most difficult accent has to be the northern accent by far........there was a phone call for me one day, and only my brother was in...

brother:hello?
    caller:hello, is kieran in please?
    brother:eh, no.....can i take a message?
    caller:can you tell kieran that Gerald Deane rang, i'll give you my phone number........

brother writes down "Jer Ding" for the callers name...................

as for cork, it rules!
    [despite the fact that i live in drogheda]

Ummm... who are you klong? I think i saw a post of yours on the CS board as well.

Keep it locationless, people, or the thread gets locked.

A

ok- sorry about that, won't happen again asuka.

The Boss

I dunno. I don't mind the northern accent. I think most country accents become impossible to understand once the person has reached old age (even thick dublin accents).

Actually, I don't mind Cork people that much, but I can't let those da|\/|n culchies feel superior (I'm not really xenophobic)! OR equal!

What I really hate are scangers ("Schwaaaaa!",etc. My school is full of em)

Hey,I have it on the very best authority (ie everyone keeps telling me) that Northern accents (ie mine) are the coolest smile.gif ... and remember I'm not saying this from me (seeing as I still can't actually hear it),but from other people. So there. That's that settled. tongue.gif

Both my roomies last year were from Cork, so by the time I left I had the Cork accent haunting my dreams. It was scary, I was starting to think in Corkonian. When I wasn't thinking in corkonian i kept hearing american accents. Spent too much time with adrienne.

Northern accents r cool unless they're really strong and u can't understand a thing.

its weird but I suddenly realised I haven't said groovy in so long. Must return to old grace saying. Argg!!!

• Advertisement

Dublin accents rock and thats final.

Well, I have an English accent.....

...Oh yeah.... cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

As a matter of general inquisition, has there been any other English person/s on the course, throughout CTYIs existance?? S1 or S2?? Just wondering??

I fink there was a really tall english guy from leeds last year sess 2.
    I didn't know him though so I can't be sure.

I knew him, his name was Peter Budden. He moved back to England.

}:>

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by klong:
    i'd have to disagree there- the most difficult accent has to be the northern accent by far........there was a phone call for me one day, and only my brother was in...

brother:hello?
    caller:hello, is kieran in please?
    brother:eh, no.....can i take a message?
    caller:can you tell kieran that Gerald Deane rang, i'll give you my phone number........

brother writes down "Jer Ding" for the callers name...................

as for cork, it rules!
    [despite the fact that i live in drogheda]
    </font>

Drogheda? who are you?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Smiley:
    Well, I have an English accent.....

...Oh yeah.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

As a matter of general inquisition, has there been any other English person/s on the course, throughout CTYIs existance?? S1 or S2?? Just wondering??

</font>

Try James Bell, as in the RA who was here session 1 and 2 in 98. Among others.

He's not English Fio,unless I'm really mistaken somewhere...he was born in Hong Kong,has a Scottish passport,and an American accent - I know,it's very confusing wink.gif

hey klong-i'm from drogbog too!!!!
    i'm aideen!who the hell are you?!

Well James was born in Hong Kong to English and Scottish parents.
    He got the american accent from all of the americans in South East Asia.
    And he classes himself as a scotsman because that's where his family is from.
    Even though he goes to college in Southampton in England

that's about it considering I've had many a fight with him over him being Hong Kongian or Scottish

Dermo

• Advertisement

Yes, Peter Budden is vaguely English. Though he was living in Slane or Navan or some such place (Slane i think), while not being my room mate.

A

Advertisement