Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork suck!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Asuka:
    Yes, Peter Budden is vaguely English. Though he was living in Slane or Navan or some such place (Slane i think), while not being my room mate.

A
    </font>

Dunshacklin - :) hehe. funny spelling :) I'm almost certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hong Kong rocks!!!

But if he has a Scottish passport then he's scottish.

And everyone in Asia sounds American unless they went to college in the UK. Its easier to switch into another language from.

I was from England....then I moved at about the age of 5 to another place in England...about 10 miles from my original home!!

Then, at 9, I moved to Galway. I don't know why.....of all the places we could have moved....we had to rest on the bog of weshtern Ireland. Suppose it's tranquil, or some ****.

But....now there are plans to move up north rolleyes.gif!! To Inishowen (Narth Donigaaaal)

Yet..through all this moving...somehow I kept my 'original' English accent. Which I'm ok with, cos ppl @ CTYI were like 'kool accent'. So...as you can guess....I lived upto my ways and customs of good old Brittannia at the camp!!

(I put on an Irish accent...for school and that. But I'm sort of not doing that anymore, cos it's sort of pointless.)

So....there's a nice big chunk out of my heritage as regards my accent.

Hope you enjoyed it...there's plenty more where that came from smile.gif!!!

See ya'll later,

...~M/W~...

Where in England?

I would try to defend that accent,but.....it's true... tongue.gif

Whereabouts in Inishowen? I live in Letterkenny (at the mouth of Lough Swilly,for anyone who doesn't know) ...it's the only real town in DOnegal! smile.gif

• Advertisement

IT'S SPELT DUNSHAUGHLIN!!!!!!!!

I live there

r u guys talking about Peter Buddan the REALLY tall guy with glasses?

And I mean really tall!!

cos he was in my skool in sixth year last year I think.

Dermo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Forget all those annoying little culchie-filled counties, I'm gonna settle this argument for once and for all and say that DUBLIN ROCKS!
    Joanne
    [/QUOTE]

Listen Jackeen, if it wasn't for some brave men and women from Cork a good number of years ago we'd all be speaking English by .... ah crap.

Seriously. Cork ppl rule. Remember yee lot the jacks are called that as you waved Union Jacks when the Queen visited many many years ago. No patriotism.

Yees are funny people though, I give you that, very funny.

Actually. That's not why. We're called Jackos cause we supported Prince James ("Jack"). Y'know the guy who was going to be King of England. The catholic guy. The one who eventually lost. Yeah. So THERE!
    And most of the important Freedom fighting was in Dublin so there!

Hold on... isn't this meant to be Cork bashing? I mean, why bother? Just listen to them speak and laugh. (I don't take Dublin digs very well) Then listen to all the other Irish accents and snigger or enjoy.

And Culchie knackers (not travellers now)! Their being real threatening but you can't help but keep smiling (or laughing) cause their accents are so ridiculous!

Hi guys.

I lived in London. Well....actually I lived in Hemel Hempstead, which is like 25 miles northeast, and before that Tring, which is pretty near. But saying all that seems a bit too much, so I just say I'm from London. Which is reasonably true...considering that I'm posting from there right now!!

Anyway.........

GALWAY HURLERS AND FOOTBALLERS KICK SERIOUS BOOTY BABY!!! YEAH!!!

Ahem.....I'm quite proud of the 'ole home county team, as you can see. I have to have some level of 'respect'!!

...~M/W~...

Yes, Peter Budden the really tall guy with glasses who got ****ed off if you asked him if he played basketball smile.gif Hehe...

A

• Advertisement

people keep mentioning being from drogheda... anyone from drogheda, talk to serena, cause i'm moving to drogheda in 20 days and i keep hearing about what a ghetto it is.

Peter's sister was at S1 last year as well, she was in my corridor and I think did LDW. Her name was Eleanor and she was really nice

Advertisement