Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi, what IS ctyi.

Options
  • 16-07-2001 12:29am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Someone (cant recall now) asked me to set this board up aaaaages ago and it sounded like a hoot. (I'm easily amused!).

Now I never really pried to deeply as I believe in communities organising themselve but I was scooting around chasing abusive muppets and looked in here to see if any were bugging you guys and read some of the posts.

I'm lost, and a little intrigued...

Anyone wanna give me the CTYI 101 course?

DeVore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:
    Someone (cant recall now) asked me to set this board up aaaaages ago and it sounded like a hoot. (I'm easily amused!).</font>

That would have been Asuka :)

Well CTYI is the Irish Centre for Talented Youth. Most of us have done summer courses in DCU and became great friends and wanted to keep in touch (hence this board).

All that in a nutshell :) Happy? :)

Hugs :)
    Fionnuala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

http://www.dcu.ie/ctyi

is a terrible but mildly informative site
    about it

mark

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

U see what i mean?

Tis simple, really, CTYI is the best fun you'll have with your clothes on! Skirts in the case of the guys at my birthday party!
    (24th June, session 1 for anybody stupid enought to remember)
    smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

ctyi is very fun. actually, even the learning part is fun. well.... kinda. pharmacology is confusing. basically we eat REALLY crappy food for three weeks and make lots of new friends and have fun and then its over too soon and we leave. and i wish i could see all of my friends again!! WAAAAAAHHHHHHH! i would even eat the "curried stew " on "rice" and the "cornish pasty". well, maybe not the latter, but definitely the former, to be there again right now. i didnt get to tell some people some things.

Toodles!
    -clare

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Man U babe:
    Tis simple, really, CTYI is the best fun you'll have with your clothes on! Skirts in the case of the guys at my birthday party!
    (24th June, session 1 for anybody stupid enought to remember)
    smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
    </font>

hi joanne! i know its you!!!!!! haHA!

CTYI...in a nut shell...

IT'S COOOOOOL!!!!!!!

Alaskagirl is right - the food = CRAP!!

Nonetheless - me going there again nxt yr!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

i just want to point out that i was one
    of those guys in a skirt

mark

I have a blue feather boa. I like it.
    I have an armadillo (don't believe what they say about it being a toy). It's called "Hashashin" after the cult. I love it in a very real and physical way.

The food is scarily terrible. I don't eat it. I like it here. The people are nice and I get to be scary. More so than usual. Which is fun.

I just want to say that, all the guys who wore that red leather skirt for my birthday party, u rocked! SEXY LEGS! yeah right! frown.gif well I hope you all realised the benefits of a healthy breeze round da privates! Oh and Dublin KICKED ASS 2day! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif:P sorry to any sligoheads, but u suck!

• Advertisement

CTYI in a nutshell..... we wouldn't all fit. Some would have to leave, the rest would be squished. NOOOOOOOOO!!

We are intelligent (apparently... further tests should be done!!)

Dont worry,Its only a figure of speech!!
    (no offence!) smile.gif
    C-y'all l8r
    Ail

Advertisement