Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good graphics

Options
  • 16-11-1998 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

ok, if all goes according to plan, i will soon have castor troys orchid righteous card sitting in my little beige box. with this wonderous new technology installed and working my next move will be to see what it can do.
    the only games i have that would use it are quake and q2. i reckon civilization cant get any better! what i would like to know is what kick ass games are out there (im not a mad games player) that i can drool over for having lovely polygons etc? i reckon unreal wont play on me puter (166mmx) so any suggestions on how to spend my millions would be really appreciated
    cheers
    whitewash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I have Hexen 2 for GL and looks pretty cool!

Not too sure what else you can get that will run on your p166.

Hey, how about GLDoom? :-)

John.
    --

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

WTF did i put that copy of wolfenstein?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

ahh sure theres loads of games that'll run on you puter with thta baby in it. Give Team apache a try, or Hexen II (and if you've a really good connect try Hexenworld with Siege), Forsaken runs well, as does X-wing vs TIE. Theres loads of them I was partial to the odd game of Merch-warrior and heavy gear before they got hacked to pieces. Nope with that little baby in there and your machine configured right, theres a load of games that'll run on it, unreal included. ( not that you'll want to do that )

lol!!!

ahh rev, now why would i want unreal?
    you know how much i hate these first person shoot em ups. it was just a round-d-bout way of asking if anyone out there had the latest edition of bridge deluxe with the animated deck! but im noy sure if my grahpics card would work. id happily pay 700 pounds to play that one

whitewash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Vega

l

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Vega

l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Strong Words from Vega there

Just looking at the list , could I suggest Jedi Knight ? Its generally Quake 2 with Lightsabres , but in some respects its better . Also try and get that GL minesweeper smile.gif

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

This guy looks like another davitt from what i've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Unreal as a game = fag9t, but I'd load it up just to walk around and look at the lovely outdoor textures.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It being over 2 years since Eamo made that post would suggest he doesn't really need advice on what to play with that card anymore.

M

• Advertisement

lol!!!!

best laugh ive had all day!
    hi from bruxells by the way smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

lol!
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">(im not a mad games player)</font>

Ahh how you've changed.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage