Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Census of June 2001

Options
  • 30-06-2001 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I have waded through a ****load of posts from the 29th and earlier and I want to know who you actually are (all you new people). Whenever asked you just seem to post a few thousand pointless messages, although some of you do post your name then a few thousand pointless messages. So, here is where we find out.

Below, EVERYBODY please post your Name, Class, Session and Year aswell as describing yourself and giving us as much interesting information as possible such as most embarassing moment/favourite song/who you fancy/etc.

Post once. This is not a spam thread, so post just one message, about yourself and then don't post here again. This is just so we get to know each other, not so we can start pointless and annoying arguments!

So, to get the ball rolling:

I am Ian Mulholland, aka iMP (note very well the spelling, please). I did International Relations Session 2 2000 and I'll be doing Classics Session 2 2001. I live here in Rathfarnham and I'm 16 next month. 5'11'' and broadish. If you ever see me you can recognise me by me being next to Sven (guy in leather jacket with long blonde hair) or a guy with a mophead haircut and I always wair black t-shirts with blue/black jeans. Oh yeah, black hair and adorable blue eyes. I don't get embarassed often so I don't have a most embarassing moment, my fave song is currently Instant Karma! although it is usually Bohemian Rhapsody. And finally I have a crush on... *****. And no, her name is not a profanity.

}:>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Name: Bob
    Class: Loads on the younger courses, eCommerce Session 1

I am about 5'6" and fat but not like mega fat, skinhead, not exactly gorgeous. Brown eyes, you can recognise me, well, because everyone in the whole of Session 1 knows of Bob thanks to Tara and James (soundest RA's ever). I like nearly all kinds of music except Pop and Classical. I really fancy Casey and my most embarrasing moment was telling Casey that I fancy her.

You won't get many more replies until Sunday night because the Res'es won't have net access until then, I am a commuter (Res next yr though)

my name is aideen mc cole and i am 14 years old.i did media studies session 1 2000 and will be doing music session 2 in a week and a day(eeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!)my interests are listening to rock-type music and playing my guitar,'cello and viola.i did play the piano for seven years but that was torture beyond belief so now i don't play that yukky instrument.i am also trying to persuade my siblings to buy me a bass guitar for my birthday in september.i am wickle(about 5'2"...i think) and have light brown/dark blonde hair and hazel eyes behind my glasses.i don't fancy anyone at the moment.
    oh,and i live in drogbog-the cultural capital of the country.

em,
    well,
    er,
    bubye!

[This message has been edited by qwidgybo (edited 30-06-2001).]

I'm Sven. AKA: "Lord Sippa (All Hail)", "Eoin Mulvey", "Blonde Smelly Rocker Guy", etc.

I have long blonde hair (natural) and a two big lovely leather jackets (the short respectable non-puffy ones), one of which is for special occasions only and is NEVER seen!

I have a REALLY great hat! I love my hat! My hat is new!

I have a groovy skull ring which is fixed. I also now have a finger claw. Yay me!

I'm overweight, but not in the "OH MY GOD IT'S HIDEOUS!" way. Well... nah!

I like music. Too much. My tastes are varied between old pop (before it became unbarable), hard rock, death metal, doom metal, alternative and general rock n' roll. I dislike grunge.

I stick out in crowds. I have a dodgy left knee (which I am attending post-op physio for), so watch yourself around me.

Um... I don't like sports. I'm lazy. Um... this is my last year CTYI (99 Ses2 Creative Writing, 00 Ses2 Legal Studies, 01 Ses2 Psychology). I am sad bout that. I'm 16, in case you don't know.

I like RPGs (both 'pen & paper' and computer). I like fantasy books.

My talents are: Philosophy and minesweeper.

Um... DIE!

[This message has been edited by lordsippa (edited 01-07-2001).]

I'm Diarmuid, And I'm in Session 1 doing e-commerce.
    I think I am one of, if not the oldest person in CTYI this year, as I am close to 17years old.

I'm a commuter(same as Bob)

It's quigles and i amn't a sad spamming newbie.
    Everybody its quigles hello eek.gif
    cormac quigley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

yo, im Mark Finlay, aka Sisob(Socially inept son of a *****). Im 16. Did architecture S2 2000 and am now in eCommerce. Im not bothered posting anything embarrising cus i cant remember any.

yeah, im 6 foot, currently with greenish hair

my favourite song is fade out ...

i fancy and am now going with Grace

this is my last year :-(

cya

Sisob

i am normal in all respects
    Go on OFFSPRING
    www.offspring.com
    oh yeah

[This message has been edited by SOL (edited 02-07-2001).]

I'm Dogbert a.k.a. Ronan Kelly
    I'm also doing e-commerce (session 1) at CTYI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Fionnuala

Computer Applications S1 98
    Decision Maths S1 99
    Financial Markets S1 00
    Ecommerce S1 01.

My last year.
    Forever Session 1. :)

ummmmm my name is eilis im 5"4 with red hair and i dont kno what colour my eyes are.i cant go to ctyi anymore owing to being 17 and finished secondary school(i hope).i am currently confused and feeling all out of place cos i dont know all you new ppl so maybe i'll disappear for a while until all the madness has subsided and the spammers stop
    bubye

• Advertisement

I'm Eimear. I did session 1 '99 World Geopolitics, session 2 '00 Decision Maths, and session 1 '01 Computer Apps. I really wish I'd done session two because Susan and Carolan and Mike and Diarmuid and Deirdre are all doing it and they're all cool. I got my ears re-pierced yesterday. My boyfriend's in Turkey and I really miss him and I'm depressed for various other reasons too.

I wanna go home.

Eimear

my site
    www.geocities.com/siroverlord
    oh imp who is your crush????
    well????????

[This message has been edited by SOL (edited 02-07-2001).]

I'm Cait. I did Linguistics Session 2 '99,
    Bio Systems Session 1 '00 and I will be doing Music Session 2 '01. I'm from Donegal.

Distinguishing Features: My Northern Accent, purple trousers + my hat(s)

I can pretty safely say that me and my brother are the most northern CTYIers (In Ireland) (even though John Harvey would have beaten me on that previously)..... isn't that interesting.

Oh and I'm 15 and have brown hair and blue eyes.....wow.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SOL:
    my site
    oh imp who is your crush????
    well????????

</font>

i have to say i am also curious.why is her name all starred out??do we know her??does anyone here know her??tellustellustellus!!

I would tell you but then I would have to kill you. I don't know who of you know her although at least two or three of you do. So eh... uh... guess for a while, I'll be back on Saturday.

OK post in response doesn't seem to have appeared so here goes.

Her name is all starred out because some people here know her and would probably tell her about it. If she doesn't already read this. So nih. Everybody start guessing who she is and I'll be back Saturday...

Can I *guess*?

(Yes, I know who it is and bribes WILL be accepted and HAVE YOU ASKED HER YET YOU FOOL/CHICKEN-IN-THE-SAME-VEIN-AS-ME?)

No, I am afraid that you may not "guess". And any bribery will result in severe me being p1ssed-off-ness. And yes I am aware that today is Friday and not Saturday.

hi im Clare Bryant, i did pharmacology session 1 2001. i am ALMOST 5'3" (never quite). i have brownish hair and brownish eyes and am american and from alaska. this was my first time at ctyi and i LOVED IT! i want to come back. i fancy a dude in politics whos name is paul and well, there it is. hes really funny. except i like all of the irish guys accents! ennyway, ive let out too much information in one go, so i have to boogie. toodles!

oh and hi fionnuala if you read this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alaskagirl:
    oh and hi fionnuala if you read this!</font>

yayay!!! hihihihihihihi! It's great to talk to people here! Joanne is after posting too (not the RA)
    Hows Alaska? :)

Hugs!
    Fionnuala

• Advertisement

Im alive, and if you dont know me, i will kill you.

A

Hi...I'm the one and only Inglish guy from Ingland (who lives in Galway in Ireland, funnely enough.) Michael's the name. I did Ex. Biology in S1 01. First time @ CTYI - and for sure I am coming back!!

I'm about 5'3" - last time I checked. Brown-ish hair with GAWGUS big and blue eyes.

Me musical interests - I can live to tolerate anything, although I can't stand boybands. YUKK!!!

[This message has been edited by Smiley (edited 21-07-2001).]

Hey good peeps of CTYI!
    I'm Joanne Doyle, i turned 17 during session 1 2001, did International History s1 2001 and Biotechnology s1 2000. I'm from Dublin and I'm 5'5" (or 1.65m to confuse the non-metricated!). I have short blonde hair and I wear Man U shirts half the time(hence the username). I was in Joanne Cleary's RA group this year and in Sharon Murray's last year. (Hi Cait! and Clare!) I like rock and rap misic, hate crappy boy and girl bands, and I'm a black belt in kenpo karate. That's all you really need to know about me for now. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Hey guys...
    I'm Dermot McG, 6'.... turned 16 just after the course.....
    i've blonde hair....did experimental biology....great fun.....ciar`an was my RA.....god bless his soul.... and had a few "imps" as roommates...
    enjoyed the whole course....and def cumin back nxt year....(if they let me back in dat is)

U'rs in strippin.... wearin skirts.... not findin blue hair dye.... gettin a blind date, but not goin out on 1....
    Deo! wink.gif

or stripped even :S ...whoops!

Hey Maeve!

Well, me.
    Grace.
    5'6"
    black hair, brown eyes.
    Fiancial markets (shudder)'01
    Legal studies '00
    Likes SISOB (mark) lots.
    Other stuff.

Bye, bye.

C'mon, only one more post and it's on fire
    C'mon...
    yeah...

Alright then, but u'd better post 19 4 my quotes thread 2 go on fire! mmmmm, I like fire!

You're all session 1, this is scaring me. i don't pay enough attention to care though, so...meh. i'm chloe. i did irish writers sess.2 this year and classics sess.2 last year. i'll be back in 2002, don't worry. probably sess.2 again because i like it. i am a mad, mad, MMAAAAAAAAAADDDD person who wears a black velvet hat all the time. if you don't know me you're bound to know my hat. i likes rock musacs, the heavier the better, and hanging around town doing nothing in particular and talking to my happy little friends (most of whom aren't that happy). i likes television. i watch way too much of it, i should read more (i'm reading "one day in the life of ivan denisovich" at the moment, anyone read it? it's very good but also very miserable. damn unhappy russians) i want to start up a band but i suck at the guitar, i can sing a bit though. oh, and i'm afraid of the sky now, thanks to sven. smile.gif
    ShEp wants lovin' cool.gif

• Advertisement

Hi, I'm Ailbhe, not the fish one, the shoeless one that has shoes!!

I'm afraid to weigh or measure myself.

I've brown hair. And green-brown eyes. And I wear glasses, and after 3 years of torture, I HAVE STRAIGHT TEETH!!!

This is my first year, i missed out before. I could have come before, cos now I'm 15, but anyway. I did Classics session 2, and my teacher and TA were the MAAAAAAAAD Chloe's (see above) sisters. BTW Chloe, I loved that hat. It was cool. Why are u afraid of the sky? Pleeze share this valuable information with us.

lol, A

Advertisement