Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barcode battler

Options
  • 11-04-2001 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

i was cleanin out a press n came accross it! ne one ever have 1???

i remember when i first got it i was so excited cause i thought it was a really cool idea...then i turned it on.

what a piece of crap! LOL biggrin.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I got one lol from what is now called Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

i got one never worked out how to use it, all i did was swipe the cards through teh card sweeper thingy then got bored of it smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

dont get me wrong, anyone who knows me will tell you that i probably have the most active imagination ever...
    But when you buy a barcode battler; you REALLY need a lot of imagination...

i cant believe i thought it was gonna be good...
    i think it lasted about 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I won mine with Quinzworth

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

heh heh, I was one of the people who worked on barcode battler promotion for Quinnsworth. smile.gif Those things really suck.

When your can of beans barcode can beat up your friends tampons barcode it's just too hard to take seriously. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

2 days sheesh you must have been a deprived child for it to last that long, if i remember right i used mine to bribe a bully in school only to have him beat me a day later when he realised what i did biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

LOL!!!!

Those things were the biggest piece of crap!! When I heard about them I thought

"Wow!, I can scan anything and it will become this cool monster on screen!! Coooooool!!"

But then I actually got one and it was soon left to gather dust. It was really big in Japan when it first came out. But then again, they went mad for Tamagotchis...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I remember when these sucky things came out .. a friend of mine ( yes i do have some ) was in the ad that was being run.
    all he told us was that he was going to be on a ad on tv , so we asked him what did he spen his money on ( no one saved back then) and he showed us the thing that is the barcode battler, well we fell about the place laughing at it straigh off, we all agreed that the idea behind it was good.
    then w e saw the ad .... ahh i had forgotten all about that , wonder what he will say when i bring it up again ... biggrin.gif

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

www.barcodebattler.com is still up for grabs.

Any takers? Think of the £millions....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Yeah their due a comeback any day now smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

HEHE that takes me back. Me and two friends won them from quinsworth. We spent hours getting loads of different barcodes and we did play solid for about a week. None of us wanted to be the loser in the battles. Then we released that we were wasting our lives and we never drank again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Own your very own barcode battler!. Starting bid seems to be 3 quid. Good deal.

best one I ever saw in the tamagotchi range was one where you feed and train them and keep the monster fit.Then when your ready you plug it into your friends one and watch as the two of them beat the crap out of each other. The winner dragged the loser onto the screen and jumped on them.

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 12-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds:
    But then again, they went mad for Tamagotchis...
    </font>
    Don't be too hard on tamagotchis, they are partly responsible for Black & White.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Mad as it may seem Barcode Battlers are changing hands for money these days (really people are collecting them!). Is there no end to the market for crap - it has to be a symptom of too much cash in the economy!

Advertisement