Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy IX

Options
  • 09-02-2001 3:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Whens it out?

Is it this month or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

me neither

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

gamesworld on liffey st have it on pre-buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Energizer1

FF9 IS RELEASED IN IRELAND ON THE 16TH FEB 2001!! i can't wait!! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I've been reading reviews and I can't wait either! Mmmmmm, only a week to wait, for FF9 and Hannibal, nice biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It rocks. People who have only played 7 and 8 previously are going to be a bit stumped at first... but you'll get the hang of it wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah ive been waiting ages for it.

Its the only reason why i kept my PSX smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Hmmm, have a copy sitting here for the past 2 months. Read that it's not that great so didn't rush home to get my psx...maybe I should go home and say hi to my folks smile.gif

Got bored after getting the 6th ending to Chrono Cross so started playing ff9 over the weekend and it rocks. The story is great so far, a lot more epic than ff8, and I always liked the job system from ff5 and fft. They seem to have given some characters more than 1 dicipline though. Garnet is a white mage and a summoner and Zidane is a thief (steal and gil related abilities) and a ninja (he holds 2 daggers though I haven't seem any ninja specific abilities yet) right? Anyway, recommend this to any console rpg fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I've finished it and thought it was very good.....exellent story and it's quite easy so I didn't have to wander round fighting as much. The story is one of the best I've seen so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

wonderfull stuff. icon1.gif

- Ciaranj - ciaranj.com

This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Never was as fond about Final Fantasy after number 7, although 8 was pretty good. Still haven't played 9 seeing as my PSX is crammed at the **** end of my wardrobe somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Its a lot better than 7 & 8 but the story seems to lack direction.. Still an amazing game though.

All in all is all we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

i would like to take this opurtunity to say that ff8 was the biggest disapointment of my gaming life, ff7 being the highlight. i havent bothered wit ff9 cos as as far as i can see they just went too far, everything is too surreal, too japanese really.... can anyone convince me otherwise? plz convince me otherwise as i dont want to give up on ff

FF7 was the closest thing I've ever had to a religious experience playing a game; still, YEARS after playing it, I occasionally dream about the game, and the Aerith theme tune still brings a tear to the eye...

FF8 was a huge disappointment. Never even finished it, although I did get right to the end.

FF9 isn't going to be the OH MY GOD THE EARTH MOVED experience that FF7 was, but it's a downright amazing game nonetheless, and definitely worth a fair few of your shiny pennies. Give it a go.

shinji my man, you're speakin my language. im not ashamed to admit it, watching aeris die actually did make a small drop of water fall from my eye, and now hearing that theme makes me get all chokey (or whatever the word is)

i dont know you, but i think i might just trust you on this 1 and give ff9 a go (i have a policy about not trusting anything internet ppl say) thx man smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:
    FF8 was a huge disappointment. Never even finished it, although I did get right to the end. </font>
    You might as well finish it if you're almost there. It has a 16min long ending which I thought was pretty cool.

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 11-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I played ff8 for about 15hours before I put it away forever.. big disapointment.
    And I shelled out £70 for an import.. oh how stupid I was.

All in all is all we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

FFVII is one of the greatest games ever made. FFVIII was a bit dissapointing after 7 but it was has the best intro in any game ever bar none.
    Any word about when FFIX is out on PCCD?

intro was great cept for music, twas a little too...."bitty"...

c&c red alert would have to be contender for best intro, (apart from the black and white bit at the start tellin the story), and fifa 98 wasnt half bad either....

• Advertisement

Dear god man, no. FFVIII had a stunning intro, although FF7's was breathtaking at the time; but in terms of truly *astounding* game intros, how about Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve, Xenogears.... Bit of a Square bias here I realise, but they DO make the best CG footage in the world smile.gif

Hostile Waters on PC has a damn nice intro as well, albeit a bit short, and American McGee's Alice has a great one in stage-setting terms. Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast has a fairly jaw-dropping intro too, and I remember Ridge Racer 4 on PSone having a stunning intro...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

FF7 was the best game ive ever played over cs , FF8 sucked in my opionin :P havent got around to FF9 yeh skint atm ! frown.gif

FF7 was revolutionary in many ways and back then no one else was doing fmv intros like that. I remember I was so impressed by the quality and direction of the intro, the way the camera zoomed out all the way from Aeris to a bird eye's view of the city. The ff7 logo would appear breifly and then zoom all the way back into the train station where Cloud arrives smile.gif.

They're saying FF10 will be just as ground-breaking as FF7. It looks good from the limited amount of footage that was leaked but somehow I don't see it having as big an impact on people like us who've played through those rpgs.

ff is losing its impact mainly because its more or less the same thing over and over again. reclusive/loner hero must save world, add love interest, bad guy, maybe a wacky character etc... most of us hadnt played ant ff before ff7, so we (i was neway) were blown away. is ff10 suposed to be an online rpg?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sliotar:
    intro was great cept for music, twas a little too...."bitty"...</font>
    You didn't like the music?
    /me is clearly astounded.

Actually, FF9 breaks the mould you just described quite well... Zidane is anything but a loner, for a start smile.gif

FF10 isn't online, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yer , FF9 is very good. Havent got around to completeing it yet though but im on the fourth disc .
    And are the other sequals coming out only on PS2?

i really didnt like the music. ff7 had smooth harmonic melodies, ff8 had jagged confused (insert word for oposite to melody)s

HE'S GOT A ****ING TAIL!
    which sucks.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Vega

Its Already Out And Its Sh!t!!!!!!Stop The Madness!!!

Vega

SSSLLLAAASSSHHHH!!!!!!!

Advertisement