Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

damn wvm

Options
  • 14-05-2001 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Vans are huge nowadays! I saw a new Transit in an empty car park today, parked across 4 spaces and almost filling them. It's ridiculous that you can still drive them on a basic license. Apart from the fact that most of the white van men don;t seem to give a ****, they don't seem able to drive the things safely. Whenever I see one reversing I cringe. eek.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

well on a normal license you can drive anything up to 3 and a half tonnes iirc.

The transit seemed to be losing a lot of customers to Fiats bigger Ducato, hence the larger transit we have now.

Don't know if the floor is wide enough to take two (halffull) palettes though.

Either way.. my first point, fill the rear of any large transit-esque van with a normal load and I'd guess that you'd be way over that weight restriction.

Not that those driving them care, or ever will.

Advertisement