Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Phoenix Park Races

Options
  • 16-07-2001 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Are on this weekend coming the 21-22nd, swapped from the original date of 28-29th.
    Should be a bit of good crack, always worth showing up anyway (even if it was just for the two european circuit 360 modenas last year, phoar).. no idea on the lineup, most Irish racing categories will be out, Vees, RT2000s, Strykers, Unos, Puntos, and hopefully the Porsche Owners club will be there again smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Did you get to go, was it any good. Were the POrsche club in attendance?
    I went to the show in trim a few weeks ago and there was a poor turnout of Porsches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

damn right I did, I was staying the weekend in a motorhome there belonging to one of the teams, one incredible ****up on saturday night with the amount of teams that had kegs in their trucks smile.gif

aye Porsche club were there as per usual, star of the show (only raced on the saturday though) was probably a Metro 6R4 in the sprint race, 390bhp or something incredible like that... 0-60 of about 2.8 seconds, great to see and hear accelerating.

Was some very good racing to be seen, unfortunaly unless they do something about the surface and the safety of the track I can see its popularity with the drivers going rapidly downhill (as it is the majority of them hate it).. I mean there were 4 people brought to Blanchardstown Hospital throughout the weekend after crashs, as a direct result of the circuit being a deathtrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

**** it anyway. i didn't get to go, would have liked to see the metro.
    were you there the year the williams car was there? jeez the noise was something else. we were down the furry glen side and you could here it start in the paddock!
    do you happen to know is there a porsche club of ireland, as i joined the porsche club of GB's irish chapter, but would like to keep it at home, so to speak smile.gif

Advertisement