Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full facts on black n'white

Options
  • 16-04-2001 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Ok let me start on your creature:

1:The creature dos'nt need constant takeing care of+takes year to grow.

2.They all look sh!t so just choose the tiger.

Alrighty,now let's talk about the gameplay:

1:This is the most slowest game i've ever played!

2:well worth the wait though.

Overall

8/10
    Not worth it's price!(35.50)

SSSLLLAAASSSHHHH!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

"Full facts" eh? A somewhat misleading topic there... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Vega

Shut Up da Mouth!!!!!!!!!

SSSLLLAAASSSHHHH!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Wonder how many of you will still be playing it when it finally hits the bargain bins.

It looks a lot like populous 3 to the uneducated eye,would that be a fair assesment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

By no means.
    It is a brilliant game, that improves with age, like a fine wine, except, you don't drink it.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Leper is right, cept for teh fact that it improves wuth age. It doesnt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I dont get much time to play it (only on level 3) how many game years does it take for ur creature to grow to full size ?

Have to say, it was'nd untill i installed the game down in Nethouse @ acidLAN to show some of the lads it and replayed some of the first level, that i realised just how much bigger he is compared to the villigers and how much bigger my temple is. Tho its still using the same (young) model i started with...

also are they immortal, or do they actully die @ some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Dunno about the immortality thing but my chimp seemed to drown and disappear while trying to save some dudes (who then also drowned) and then magically re-appear a short while later bouncing a beach ball around.

Now he seems to be stuck outside the area of my influence, just standing there near the troll who's ass he's supposed to kick staring at his feet and unable to respond to my commands or my tugging of the leash.

Grrr. Monkeys.

Bard

"and there was much rejoicing..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

It does get better with age. Not inly because of the gradual trickle of 'extras', but the more time you spend at it, the more fun it is.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Heh, how annoying Bard. My Tiger got burned to death on top of the mountain on Level 1, but then magically reappeared back at my temple. He seems fine now. I rub his tummy a lot.

Serb

Damn these western oppressors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Serbian:
    I rub his tummy a lot.
    </font>

Will you rub my tummy?

RentZ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

Can b&w be played without the help of a 3d acellerator. My PC easily meets all the requirments of the game except the 3d acellerator. Has anyone run the game without it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Not a chance I'm afraid. Like most 3d games these days it requires an accellerator.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

According to planetbw's FAQ on it, your creature IS immortal. However i've found that if my cow takes a little _too_ much lightning, or if I force him to work without food or sleep for too long, he falls over unconscious, fades away... and reappears in his playpen at your temple :/

Oh yeah, my cow is the essence of good, helping elderly villagers cross the road etc, but I demand human sacrifice and have a penchant for fireballs. Anyone think this good cop/bad cop thing is a good idea or what?

LoBo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Serbian:
    Heh, how annoying Bard. My Tiger got burned to death on top of the mountain on Level 1, but then magically reappeared back at my temple. He seems fine now. I rub his tummy a lot.

Serb
    </font>

Actually- it seems when I reduced the detail level of the display, it worked - so it seems theres some sort of bug/glitch in how it renders the graphics... (?)...

I still need to get a new 3D card anyways...

And yeah- my own tiger (new game) has died a few times but always reappears, knackered and needing either healing or time to himself, at the temple. Seems, as has been already mentioned, the creatures are essentially immortal.

I haven't gotten quite as far as most it seems, although I expect I don't give it as much time as most here... I'm still trying to defeat Lethys, ffs wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LoBo:
    According to planetbw's FAQ on it, your creature IS immortal. However i've found that if my cow takes a little _too_ much lightning, or if I force him to work without food or sleep for too long, he falls over unconscious, fades away... and reappears in his playpen at your temple :/</font>

Well you'd except that cause if your creature can die then it would not reappear in your temple.

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 23-04-2001).]

Advertisement