Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

34.99 for Serious Sam!?!?

Options
  • 13-04-2001 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Given that it's a budget release at $20 in the US, I think anyone who buys it here may be getting fleeced somewhat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Rip off. Its selling at £20.00 in the UK as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Erm ...Its certainly a bit mercenary , its quoted around the £20 mark everywhere else on this godforsaken planet , I wouldnt , considering Its only the first chapter or something like that

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Buy it online.

Odd, I an't remember posting this.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

[This message has been edited by DrunkLeprachaun (edited 20-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I haven't seen a copy of it myself but if it's more than £25 in a shop, report them to a consumer watchdog or whereever you'd report something like this.
    It's supposed to be released everywhere for the budget price of £20.

It seems that even if developers are prepared to release games cheaper, retailers will abuse the system even moreso.

Nil Desperandum

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Quick update on this for anyone who wasn't willing to fork out £34.99. Apparently Virgin have it in their 2 for £50 offer so if there is another game in that collection you want then go for it. 'aint so bad. Then again it's probably an error on Virgin's part and as soon as they spot it it'll be back to £50 for SS alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

I've seen the exact same copy of a battletech game here in game limerick ... been priced £20 since the store opened 3-4 years ago and the game is well beyond budget now ... I think it's abandon warez at this stage ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

Personally I think the game sucks myself, much better games out there for less...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Khan:
    I've seen the exact same copy of a battletech game here in game limerick ... been priced £20 since the store opened 3-4 years ago and the game is well beyond budget now ... I think it's abandon warez at this stage ... </font>

lol ... Go into HMV, Grafton Street and get your copy of Rise Of the Triad for the bargin price of £34.99 ... biggrin.gif

Serb

Damn these western oppressors

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

stop using my avatar or i will have to 12 click you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Take 2 are knobs of the highest order. Serious Sam was meant to be 20 quid all along (which they now deny, the lying gits) and was only slapped up to 30 quid (35 Irish) when they saw it getting good reviews. Of course, this misses the point TOTALLY, because the reviews all said "yeah, it's a great game for 20 quid"...

Needless to say nobody is buying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

backstards

You know people when you do find somebody, hold that woman, hold that
    man, love him, hold him, squeeze her, please her, hold, squeeze and
    please that person, give 'em all your love, signify your feelings with
    every gentle caress, because it's so important to have that special
    somebody to hold, kiss, miss, squeeze, and please.

NARF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Fúcking cúnts

thats all i have to say on that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Serbian:
    lol ... Go into HMV, Grafton Street and get your copy of Rise Of the Triad for the bargin price of £34.99 ... biggrin.gif
    </font>

lol - I wouldn't pay 34p for it. Even with the ludicrous gibs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Actually, I was in HMV recently and noticed the copy of Rise of the Triads and I made a mistake, it's not priced at £34.99 at all. It's £44.99 !!!! I couldn't believe it myself ...

Serb

Damn these western oppressors

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what did i say about using my avatar?
    huh?
    there is only one beardy god type around here, and thats me...

Advertisement