Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star trek armada

Options
  • 22-04-2001 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

i know 5 or so ppl from ireland who play star trek armada online yet when i walk into my local EB its always sold out someone here must be buying it. its absolutly terrible in single player so if u bought this game, installed it,beat it in 2 days,held the cd in front of ur face and swore at it with every dirty word in ur vocabulary i want to tell u it doesnt stop there
    the online play is nothing short of amazing in comparisn to the sh**ness of single player u dont know what ur missing
    if its lying in a cylinder of cds stacked on top of each other that ur meaning to excrete on install it and give it a try online ull be surprised.red alert2,klingon academy,elite force and force commander could bot drag me away from this game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

oh i forgot here are a list of armada online players from ireland if u play online and ur not on the list reply and let me know
    *UA* mark1684 (me)
    *UA* Baz (preferes to be known as bazterd/bazzy boy!
    heres johnny
    Hylo
    i seen some guy called defiant
    another called darthvoodoo
    if u guys actually exist can u post here and confirm it pls
    oh and btw twister u dont count smile.gif

[This message has been edited by StarScream (edited 22-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

I didnt think this was worthy of a topic..lol
    I saw some guy called IrishKnight there as well.
    I suppose Hecate Of Borg Counts as well kinda. he did play it for a little while.

If any of you at those dam lans think you could beat me and StarScream here in a 2v2 let us know.. hehe. smile.gif

All in all is all we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Well not too bad but it always hard to say when you only play on a Lan.

www.doesnotcompute.ie
    www.gamire.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by meglome:
    Well not too bad but it always hard to say when you only play on a Lan.

</font>
    why??? do ya mean u get used to playin the usual ppl n just do the same thing over n over??? confused.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

Well me and Mark(StarScream) play the game online quiet a bit and unless proven otherwise we'd say were the best Irish players of the game smile.gif
    So if ya want a good challenge we'll drop by sometime and play ya's.
    We get tired of beating up everyone that shows up at netshop smile.gif

But back to the point.. Is everyone that bought the game here in Ireland just playing it at lans ?

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xithus:

But back to the point.. Is everyone that bought the game here in Ireland just playing it at lans ?

</font>

hmmmm lets c...over irish telephone system or lan geee what do u think! tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

We have been known to play Lans of this down in DnC. We haven't played much lately, too many new games out. I was a bit disappointed to see that they have changed the format of the follow on to this game, Dominion Wars. No resource gathering mainly just combat, which means that, it's unlikely that I will be buying it.

www.doesnotcompute.ie
    www.gamire.com

Dom Wars is not armada2, its not related to Armada in any way at all.. It looks ok, And its a trek title so Ill probably buy it..

But the makers (Simon & Schuster) have never made anything close to a good game so Ill be careful and get the demo first.

I did see Armada in the list of games on the dnc webpage. Are ye any good ? smile.gif

that game is woth playing online i live with the crappy connection as i said u dont know what ur missin
    oh me and xithus would love a challenge over lan.....because wed win smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by azezil:
    over irish telephone system or lan
    </font>

We Enjoy both biggrin.gif

• Advertisement

well there's no way in hell i would even attempted it from home! rolleyes.gif

what am i sayin, i don't even have the game biggrin.gif lol

Nah I'm not saying we always play the same people and do the same things over and over but we do play what could be considered a friendly game. So we just don't know what kind of big bad wolfs lie in wait for us on the internet smile.gif

www.doesnotcompute.ie
    www.gamire.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

he i haven't played it on the net .. yet but i do play the odd lan game at home with my brothers ...
    it's good fun. must give it a try somenight

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

its funny armada must have been one of the best selling games last year,i can only hope this doesnt happen with armada 2 in december (but since its a game im looking forward to itll probably slip back a couple of years)

Advertisement