Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Game (the type with actual boards)

Options
  • 23-04-2001 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I used to play quite a board few games and some of them were damn good. In london recently I was trying to track down KingMaker by Avalon Hill. But the guy sin the Orcs Next (bestgames shop in the UK) told me the game was gone as are Avalon Hill who were bought out by Hasbro. The only decent game Hasbro has ever produced was Risk, while all the Avalon Hill lines have been discontinued. Yet another chapter of the gaming experience that seems to be dieing a death!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

No I think your wrong there Hamleys is the best Toy shop in the UK (6 stories of toy goodness smile.gif ) sorry but I'm a total kid at heart. The last time I was over for a weekend with my gf I would say that was the only shop I wanted to go into (well that and most of Tottenham Court road to satisfy the nerd in me smile.gif )

kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Hamleys all the way, I spent ages in there when i was visting London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

The Virgin Megastore in Oxford Street,London
    (the one closest to tottenham court road) used to be the place for all roleplaying and board game goodness.Bin a long while since i have been there though...
    With the fortunes of Avalon Hill And FASA i would guess its long gone...SIgH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 *Harlequin*

I know it mightn't strictly be a board game, but did anyone ever play a game called "Crossbows & Catapaults" when they were younger?? That game was lethal, yet oh so entertaining! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i think this was inevitable...best game ever = CHESS!! timesless classic biggrin.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement