Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Flashpoint Demo

Options
  • 20-03-2001 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

This is out for download now on all the usual sites, fileplanet.com for example. I've been following this for a very very long time, it's a whole war simulator kind of thing. You can be a grunt, pilot, tank commander, whatever you like. It's a very ambitious game, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays. The demo is 60 meg download by the way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

just after playing the demo , pure class , best crack I have had with a pc game for a while now. the atmosphere is amazing for the duration of the demo you are in "there" fighting the commies , great stuff. Few problems would be the officer's voice ingame , it uses a text to speech engine so sounds a little "off" , a couple of small graphical glitches but it is a early build so hopefully these will be fixed. Btw neone know if there going to be mp in flashpoint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Appearently there is. I think I remember reading an interview some time back with one of the developers and he was describing a scenario where 3 players from one team entered a village and sniped a player on the other team, only to have his team mates come after them. So the 3 lads hop into a civilian vehicle and drive out of the town.

Could have been another game though...

ThunderingMike Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pitch and moment, With this regard their current turns away, And lose the name of action... Nows that's a sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

That sounds like flashpoint allright smile.gif Most of the vehicles were locked out in the demo, in the full game you can drive/pilot anything, tanks to helicopters, and it's all integrated too, for example you can have a paratrooper unit in the back of your helicopter and have to fly them in to the drop zone. It's one of the most promising demos I've played in a very long time and I'm anticipating the release more than ever. Despite most vehicles being locked out in the demo I still managed to steal a civilian car and a rocket launcher and take on a small armoured division biggrin.gif Relocating after your shot in a mini with shells landing all around is great, until one hits you and you're killed smile.gif

That sounds like flashpoint allright smile.gif Most of the vehicles were locked out in the demo, in the full game you can drive/pilot anything, tanks to helicopters, and it's all integrated too, for example you can have a paratrooper unit in the back of your helicopter and have to fly them in to the drop zone. It's one of the most promising demos I've played in a very long time and I'm anticipating the release more than ever. Despite most vehicles being locked out in the demo I still managed to steal a civilian car and a rocket launcher and take on a small armoured division biggrin.gif Relocating after your shot in a mini with shells landing all around is great, until one hits you and you're killed smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

As I see it , they *Codemasters*couldnt have gone too wrong after Severance , I also would guess the demos in next months PCG

Shrewgar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

hopefully cos my pc has the slowest download rate ever.....takes ages to even download small patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Its well worth the wait....multiplayer in this should be very intereasting smile.gif

A no-win situation is a possiblity that every commander may face.

YEah, I can't wait smile.gif

It's going to be hard to balance the multiplayer side of things, hopefully there'll be capacity for a hundred or more people on a server, going to be hard to run though smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Sounds cool ... but does anyone know what the Minimum requirements are gonna be?
    Cause my Comp isnt the best.

Sounds like youll need a fairly hefty spec to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Its loadsa fun,
    I decided to attack my own boys for the laugh ,but the laugh was on me when a big armoured car thingie was near by and blow the **** outta me.My system seems to run it a bit slugish.

Stimpy you blundering idiot!!!!!

• Advertisement

click here for the link for the demo on fileplanet.

Dx
    [FW]
    Formula warheads mechwars clan

[This message has been edited by draffodx (edited 23-03-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Excellent demo, rpg-9 for me ? why thank you smile.gif

Nil Desperandum

I'm growing to like this even more and more, really can't wait for the release now, right up there with tribes 2 and black and white smile.gif

I've got a "crack" for the demo here, that allows you a go in the tanks/helicopters, don't know if I should post it or what, what do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm too lazy to find the link, can someone post it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Can someone post a link to the file ? I'm too lazy to go look for it.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Demo is well worth the d/l. This game is going to rock.

A word of warning if you're going to d/l the demo -I read in the readme that the demo doesn't support win 95/2000. I don't know whether that means it won't work or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 [PS]SéaN

Worked for me under win2k. Where is there a chopper in the demo??

Lots of new home-made missions are up at http://www.geocities.com/operationflashpoint/ for download. They're made by fans so I don't know what they're like smile.gif

most of them are fairly good , real assault 2 standing out as a very special one. most of them lets you command a squad of 12 and unlock more of the demo functions , you should try it at night with the night scope. The area just lights up when the t-72 starts firing ... sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

That page was nuked, any other url's ?

Nil Desperandum

• Advertisement

try http://www.3dactionplanet.com/flashpoint/ , you will get more missions for the demo there , it seems all the big fp sites are taking down their links to these extra missions and cracks so get them quicky smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

I was in DnC and telgere downloaded it, twas great fun watching him run over people in the jeep biggrin.gif

It looks great, gfx are amazing and the game play looks good... would make an interesting multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Davitt

s

anyone know when the demo will appear on pcgamer?

is that a no?

Dx
    [FW]
    Formula warheads mechwars clan

"only a fool trusts his life with a weapon"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Anyone got a release date?

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

For the record, the demo is on this months PC Gamer, which just landed in the door of the office this morning.

The release date can't be far off, because we're seeing final review code of the game on Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

all your questions answered:

http://www.operationflashpoint.com

now why didn't you guys guess that one?

its got release date etc..

LoBo

[This message has been edited by LoBo (edited 02-05-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement