Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loads of great games on the way

Options
  • 05-05-2001 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

There a re a plethora of great games coming soon that will make CS a distant, but fond, memory.
    Red Faction.
    Halo.
    operation Flashpoint.
    Giants.
    Unreal2
    Doom3
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    laods more
    medal of honour, the way it should be

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

yeah - RED FACTION.
    i like the idea of a mod for CS where u can dig ur own trench.
    dont know bout Giants though.

cant wait for Unreal 2 aswell.
    Halo too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭cueball

Bull, Cs will will be popular for many years, its an amazing game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I want a large scale war simulator.Like tribes,except with realistic weapons,and realistic damage.A bit like FA except with servers capable of holding 64 players and upwards.And I want tanks and bombers and helicopters.Basically tribes but set in the present day.I'm not sure if Op Flashpoint will do the trick...

Only when this ideal(for me) game comes out will I leave CS and FA probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Moved to the general Games board.

• Advertisement

cueball - i agree that CS will be popular for years to come but the games listed above will most likely be class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Jug-A-Lug

bugler you will be happy to know there are at least 4 mod teams working on different projects for T@ to do with real life stuff

Strike force (formerly a ut mod)
    Army (it has naval action levels aswell)
    Screaming fist (WW3 commies vs democratics)
    Infiltration (havent heard much on it but its based on jungle warfare like veitnam)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Splendid! /me kisses Jug.
    I really like tribes 2 and its a class act but the structure of the game isn't really for me,I hate when my guns projectiles move at anything other than lightning pace smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm just excited that we're getting updates in the Doom, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstien and Unreal franchises within 12 months. smile.gif

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Whaddya mean Bull? Is QW played with even a tenth of its origional following? No. the same thing will of course happen to CS. i fyou are honest teh graphics are a bit sh|te now in comparison with the newer games.
    We are entering a new age of games with hardware T&L and broadband (though not everyone is going to enter at teh same time) and the games will progress along with ti.
    I am sick to my stomach of all teh times I have been killed byt eh GAME rather then my opponents. CS is only a jack-around mod really. It is not very realistic at all. Try some Rainbow Six and see what i mean. its cheap crack cocaine to Operation Flashpoint's high-grade opium. Its like Westlife to Bach. Case closed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

oh oh oh
    Unreal2
    I can't wait for that game
    I'd say it's going to hvae very good graphixs biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

I'm not convinced with red-faction, its all frills and spills for about 15 minutes then it goes back to the whole gameplay thing. I'm not sure that I can take warmly to a game that won't promise a graphically advanced engine either (I'm a graphics wh0re). Physics only with a quake2 style engine... same old story of needing a well rounded package.

Soldier of fortune 2 should be an entertaining return to a game I liked alot.

Isn't Giants already out?!

Mafia, by the hidden&dangerous team - that looks like a hitman/driver crossover; I'd love to see this one done properly.

Giants is out already.
    Red Faction will be class.
    Did'nt ye read bout that Geo-Mod ????
    and also graphics aren't everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Vialli

as long as I get smackdown 3 im happy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Vialli, I oughta kill j00......Smackdown?
    I ask you.....
    I hate those games, so much like all the rest of the sh|te on playstation. "Oh my god, The undertaker has slightly greyer clothes in this version, i have to buy it...."
    Sony says 'Kaa-ching!' They aren't games. They are profit sources for an out dated platform.The PS1 symbolises this. Re-releasing the exact same 94 technology in a 2000 box to spin more money for Sony.
    Example: Mother walks into shop at christmas. Asks salesperson 'Can i get one of tose new playstation thingies?'
    Salesstaff 'Sure, which one would you like?'
    Mother 'Well which is the cheapest?'
    You see what I'm geting at......
    Of course Vialli, if you were being sarcastic then I comend you. If not, then I'm not directly attacking you.... smile.gif
    Giants is out, its a great game. Halo isn't due until this christmas frown.gif
    Operation Flashpoint is supposed to be out by this summer smile.gif
    Red Faction looks class, Q2 graphics?
    Duke Nukem also looks good, but I'd say it'll be canned. Waaaaay over-due.
    Feel free to ***** at me now if you love sony.
    /me puts on oriental accent
    'Soooooh-nay Pla-sta-an. Faw-Hunded-Dollah, yoo buy? Yoo buy? biggrin.gif

way to tell him Syx .
    biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Faw hundrad?

And can it play Smwackdowan Twee? and fow? and fiah?

if sow I BUY! I BUY!

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

RedFaction, I saw at the ects last year - played it for a bit. Yes its technically impressive, but yes it was only q2 rate graphics. The geo-mod thingy.. I had enough of that after 15 minutes (there are limitations - edges of the maps etc), I was dying to see some sort of enticing gameplay - but it was basically a tech demo. Like I say its impressive, for about 15 minutes - but its definitely going to have to have decent gameplay. In that respect its got no advantages, geomod or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Dark-Ninja

No possible way that games like that will 'take over' cs, its too popular and fun to go out that quickly

|** Signing Off **|
    [-FI-]-Dark-Ninja-
    Vice Clan Leader and Match Arranger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

When's Halo due, i think that'll be pritty cool!

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Max Payne, the matrix of the PC world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

hey syx pac i agree with most of ur points however smackdown is not one of those games,u probably just hate wrestling with a passion and wouldnt give the game the time of day,i was a very sceptical of this game(especially as it comes out 6 months after the previous one) but at the heart of it..
    its a really fun game and i doubt the ps1 could be technically pushed much further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

oh and im not some stupid limp bizkit liking 14 year old either!

I can agree with that Greenbean but the version of Red Faction u played was an obviously un-finished one.
    but ur right all the same.
    i think Red Faction will be well sorted out before release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I've played the PS2 finished version of RF, it's quite good but I think I'll be waiting for the PC version (next Autumn) to be bothered playing through the single player.

I do have to agree with GB, it's very much "traditional run around and shoot stuff" gameplay, Geomod is a nice idea but they've not done anything with it in real terms. Rather than letting you tunnel anywhere, Geomod in RF is used like the ability to blow up walls in Duke Nukem 3D was - they have posters and cracks and stuff in place to tell you where to shoot in order to open areas and whatnot, all a bit disappointing.

Advertisement