Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose Your Side

Options
  • 26-04-2001 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hey everyone just out of curiousity I just want to ask everyone in here which do you like best

Sony Nintendo Sega

THANX

Glaven

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

sony! ... nintendo and sega hav been around a while but they still suck! tongue.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

IBM Compatible PC. Because consoles suck. Apart from the playstation. And of course the gamecube sucks.

Also everyone here is gay.

Right, that's the unneccessary controversy over with in this thread.

<safety smiley> wink.gif</safety smiley>

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 26-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

X-Box! smile.gif

Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

nintendo atm, im very fond of gameboy and n64.

dreamcast is decent but not good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭cueball

Ninteno all the way, alwase loved it since i was little, remember turtles on the NES?

/\/\4r10 0\/\/n$ J00 $0n1<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Call me crazy, but I like games, not companies.

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan:
    Call me crazy, but I like games, not companies.
    </font>

you're crazy! tongue.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I grew up with the sound at the start of most of meh fave non PC games i played....

SEGA.

They made the best consoles every (cept the saturn but it wasn't as half as bad as ppl made it out to be)

I don't like Ninty for two reasons:
    1) I read their official "magazine" once, the Nazi's could learn something from them about propeganda.
    2) They aim at a market segment which i am not a part of. Pokémon for example, not a bad game but kiddie crack none the less, and the same has been done much better elsewhere.(I like Mario et Zelda but not much else of theirs)

I hate Sony quite a bit for diluting gaming from being the thick sweet concentrate of creativity it once was (imo) to the bland tastless tripe we have to contend with now. For your proof, look at the sheer number of sequels and utter ****e cash-ins you can see at your local game emporium or even xtra vision.

But then i would have to agree with NekkidBibleMan in that games are the important thing and I jut prefer Sega's work in this respect also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Big N all the way, and I'll anyone who disagrees. Official Nintendo Mag. IS THE WORST mag. I've read in my life. It makes me sick to my stomach. frown.gif

If there's one thing I hate, it's official nintendo magazine.

[This message has been edited by DrunkLeprachaun (edited 26-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I agree about the nintendo magazine, its even resorted to saying things like "eat that, gaystation poo!" etc.

Although to be fair, nearly all single-format magazines are biased.

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭RAY

Deffo S0ny smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RAY:
    Deffo S0ny smile.gif</font>

And what's that you're using as an avatar??? tongue.gif

I'm agreeing with the Naked man and the Spandex man (oh-er missus!).

I like Sega though - proud owner of a Dreamcast I am.
    Brother has a PS2 - I like that too.
    Looking forward to seeing what an X-Box will do and what the Game Cube will do too.

Games are the important thing though.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[url="http://http:clanhitk.warfactory.com"][honey i] violated [the kids][/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

Sega or Sony, I can't chose. I had a Mega-drive and now I have a PS. I feel like a trator and the only reason I don't go back to Sega is because Sony have Final Fantasy and I just luv those games. I hate Nitendo a lot....but you can get the Gamecube in Pink, isn't that soooo coooool. I wish I had a saturn so I could play Super-Sonic-Racer that looked so great.

I'm such a trator, I deserve to die.....

Booyaka

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'd prefare Sony
    nintendoare really old company and stuck in year's back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

if you like the final fantasy series (which i think has become a bit lame after ff7) then check out skies of arcadia on the dreamcast square could learn alot from that game....pure genuis(<--spelling?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

ahhh im proud to call myself a nintendo zealot smile.gif
    they makes the best games in the world and nobody can argue that point!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

PC. I've owned every major console since the NES (still do actually, I really must clear out that wardrobe...) but what I want is customization, versatility and upgradability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭wintermute

It depends on what you want to do but I'd always say PC - a games system often isn't versatile enough. For example, I don't that there is such a thing as a flight simulator for a games system. But please prove me wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sico:
    but what I want is customization, versatility and upgradability.</font>

ohh yes please
    lets all revel in the wonderous story of ur P3 750 @ 900 rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.giftongue.gif

[This message has been edited by StrataGIST (edited 04-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

925 and rising....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i like games, not companies also,

besides, i get all consoles, because i'm a rich *******. so i like them all. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Digital Tilmitt:
    I wish I had a saturn so I could play Super-Sonic-Racer that looked so great.

</font>

It came out on budget PC last month.
    *coughdamncommie:P

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

nintendo all the way .
    the gameboy shall never be beaten .]

tetris , mario and pokemon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

**SONY**

tongue.gif

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I have a NES, Amiga 500, Commodore 64, Spectrum 64, Spectrum 128k, PC and PSX...

No idea why, but I always took a disliking to Sega... Never was too fond of the ole Nintendo (Just the NES - I cant stand the N64, and Gameboy really would drive me demented).

If I was to pick my favourite Computer System, it's a close shave between the Amiga, Commodore and Spectrum...

They produced some of the most addictive games, and didn't cost you £39.99 each either - back then a good commodore / speccy game would cost you a Fiver MAX! Got a rake of them in the attic - Tapes, Cartridges you name it.

Come on you cant deny the fact that the Old Systems (In the Gaming respect) were brilliant!

[VAR]-RopeDrink***** was killed by IOL NoLimits with Headshot from Disconnect

[This message has been edited by RopeDrink (edited 05-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun:
    It came out on budget PC last month.
    *coughdamncommie:P

</font>
    It came out for the PC!!! EPIC! Can't wait to tell everone! and I'm proud of being a commie!

Booyaka

Advertisement