Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myst 3: Exile

Options
  • 09-05-2001 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I like it a lot. Apart from the fact it can be installed on the PC + Mac it is a pretty good game.

If your a Myst lover then your really going to like this. It's much the same feel as Msyt had only the locations are now full 360 views with animations staying in relation to distance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Does it use the RealMyst engine or is it all still prerendered? I don't think I can be bothered playing another prerendered Myst, but the RealMyst stuff is REALLY nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's prerendered but it's using the QT 3D engine (that allows full all around views).

They have also added other animations and bits to make it feel more real.

Examples: the water moves and insects and birds fly by. At the start you talk to a woman with a baby, as you move away you can turn around and she's still there playing with the baby only further away. Other things like looking at the sun causes the screen to get bright (like Tribes 1 sun).

Advertisement