Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Boy Advance (GBA)

Options
  • 01-05-2001 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

GBA the 3 little letters you'll be seeing a lot lately! Nintendos little miricle the Game Boy Advance.It will have a lot of classic titles and some new ones. Some of the classic titles are,
    Street Racer,Final Fantasy 1-5, Mario Kart (origanal), Street Fighter, Mario 1,2,3 and Mario World! Some of the new titles are as follows; Metal Gear Solid, Quake 1+2, Zelda the Tri-Force Series and of course Pokemon.
    The great thing about it is that you can play all your old titles and have a four player link up.(lets hope for a command+conquer version)

P.S Vega Mario Zelda and Pokemon will be Gamecube launch games because they sell and they are excellent games!
    And Thats The Bottom Line Cause I Said So...!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Thanks for the info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Um. Nice post, but...

Final Fantasy 1-5 : 1-3 are coming out on WonderSwan Colour, no handheld ports of 4 or 5 are planned. Nintendo and Square don't get along well at the moment, and Square have been denied permission to develop for GBA.

Street Fighter : Not confirmed for GBA, although it may well be in future.

Metal Gear Solid : Will not be coming out on GBA. A port of the original Metal Gear SNES game is possible.

Quake 1+2 : Will certainly not be appearing on GBA. Doom, however, is a confirmed title - along with 4-player linked multiplayer. Yum smile.gif

Pokemon is not announced as a Gamecube launch game, and it is unlikely that we'll see a Zelda game at launch - although I guess we'll know more at E3 in a couple of weeks time. Myself and another CTW guy (Kristan, the editor) are down as the first people in to get hands-on with the GameCube titles... w00t, there's one to tell the grandkids about! wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Actual SF2 will be heading over to the lovely new GBA...and judging by the video at www.gamespot.com it looks pretty amazing (for a hand held game)..as far as I can tell the GBA is basicly a protable SNES, thought the 32bit ARM processor is interesting (isn't that the processor used for most handheld PCs)...it will be released on June 11th in the states for about $100 and I certainly will be getting on while I am over there...of courss Sony is supposed to have something in the pipeline...imagine a portable PS using the new 640MB Minidisks...ummmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Very interested in one of these, how much can I expect to pay after all the initial hype has gone and the price has fallen a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Is that final fantasy, or final fantasy legends 1-3?

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

you forgot f-zero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

as long as Zelda makes its appearance on the GBA my pants will be wet!!

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I remember lusting after Sega's Gamegear with the telly cartridge and Sonic. But it was never meant to be frown.gif

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It was pay day. Mr Calculator was open. It was either Amsterdam or a GBA. Why oh why did I book those plane tickets frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

the GBA is supposed to be 80 quid,but then again the ps2 was supposed to be 300 iv been told by an industry insider(u guy who works in EB lol) that itll end up bein 110 quid

• Advertisement

btw twister is a profile robbin biatch!
    lol smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

starscream, you're thinking of the UK prices. PS2 launched at £300 there and £80 is the RRP of the GBA too as far as I know.

That puts is around £99 over here then I suppose.

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Twister:
    GBA the 3 little letters you'll be seeing a lot lately! Nintendos little miricle the Game Boy Advance.It will have a lot of classic titles and some new ones...</font>

why do you talk like a press release?

Looks like it might be £90 Stg actually... so 110 Irish may not be far off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

This is taken from this months T3 mag which gave it a hefty 5/5 score.

Kit : Nintendo Game Boy Advance

Cost : £150 (Sterling)

They were reviewing an import GBA, which will indeed set you back 150 notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

when will you people learn....not to even bother arguing with shinji on matters like this..:-/

yes it does seem to be quite pointless

joey joe joe junior shabadu...thats the worst name i ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭RAY

I played the GBA recently and had a go of GranTurismo. The game took my breathe away the details to the cars were great for handheld the only thing that let it down was the hadling of the cars but u wouldnt be expecting much from a racing game from a handheld

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Gran Turismo isn't on the Gameboy Advance.... smile.gif

Aren't Polyphony owned by sony?

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Dark-Ninja

hehe i gotta get me one of those baby's (i can try frown.gif)

|** Signing Off **|
    [-FI-]-Dark-Ninja-
    Vice Clan Leader and Match Arranger

Advertisement