Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best online Game ?

Options
  • 20-04-2001 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

So lads what online multi-player game do yous think is played by most people in the world ? imo i thinks its CS.

LADS, MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

you'd be wrong, UO has ovre 200000 members and EQ has more apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Well the most played is not necessarily the best surely, just the best marketed. Best on-line game (for what I like) is Shogun Total War, while kill tens when you can slaughter thousands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Tribes 1 was, so now I guess it's Tribes 2.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Armada ? smile.gif

All in all is all we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Tough one to measure.

Games like UO and EQ are easy to work out, because you count the active accounts and you're done - they have between 150,000 and 300,000. Phantasy Star Online has 250,000 or so.

Counterstrike is much more difficult to measure, but look at it this way; at any given moment, there are between 30,000 and 50,000 people playing CS online. Extrapolated up, you're probably looking at over a million people playing CS on a regular (once a week or more) basis. Pretty scary, really...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Doom was the real pioneer.

Quakeworld is the legend.

Counterstrike is the current flagship.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

My favourite has always been rocket arena q2. Havent tried it in q3 or ut flavours yet thou (need a new comp) smile.gif

i've always prefered one on one's to other game types

I Live (in a dream world)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I surely hope the CS head's don't see this topic tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

PSO is excellent , the only problem is when i go online i tend to stay for 4 to 5 hours sessions so it leads to a massive phone bill!

Dx
    [FW]
    Formula warheads mechwars clan

"only a fool trusts his life with a weapon"

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

rocket arena q2, god I loved that mod.. how could the'll make a better version of rocket arena than that, q2 was perfect for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I am partial to Team Fortress Classic (Or TF 1.5 as it is now known) smile.gif

Just bought tribes2 the other day and it is looking like good fun, pity my crappy winmodem is utterly choked by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I'd say it's still CS for me, with Tribes 2 coming a close 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is a game in Korea which has more players (in just Korea) then EQ + UO + AC all world wide customers combined.

Can't remember the name of it, you'll find it in the RP forum as I think they have a free beta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

star trek armada is unbelievably s*** in single player mode but it somehow works online its unbelievable fun and theres a real community of sci fi fans there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

cs !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

On the topic of online gaming.. Ive been told that armada sold very well here in Ireland. Eb is sold out of it constantly..
    Yet I know of 3 maybe 4 Irish people that play it consistantly online.. As StarScream says the single player is cack.. so why buy the game for just that ?..
    yada yada yada.......

All in all is all we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I would have to say ut all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Q2 and CS. Q2 is still a great laugh as you can just log on to a FFA and play for half an hour. CS is good also, way more tactical etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Q2 RA is leg - end love it,still play it why isn't there an irish server smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Counter-Strike, theres lotsa players and constantly growing.

/sits in anticipation for Team Fortress 2.......

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Quake World

Followed very closly by Tribes 2

Counter-Strike is not the best online game cause it's net code is such underwear. It's a great LAN game...
    that said, I still enjoy playing it wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

cs , has to be.
    it has the largest following afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Paladin:
    Doom was the real pioneer.

Quakeworld is the legend.

Counterstrike is the current flagship.
    </font>

Tribes 1 & 2 are in a league of there own! wink.gif

Quothe the Raven, "JennyRooba!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

irc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I was about to say q3 but....

worst net code everrrr !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

i would say at the moment Counter-Strike but
    even though i havent played Tribes 1 or 2 yet,they sound to be a smashin' bit of fun.
    ive heard only good things about Tribes 2.

Mikill
    smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The online game i spent most time at and probably had the most laughs with was a MUD called Valhalla. spent 4 years at that **** smile.gif
    Without a shadow of a doubt the best online action game is Tribes 1. I doubt it will ever be touched. Nothing comes close to the way it combined Speed, Tactics, Individual skill and class balancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

theres some mmorpg in korea (cant remember the name) that has much more players thab UO + EQ , it was on the rpg board aaaaages ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Dark-Ninja

UO is better than cs but not as fun, UO takes skill and a lot of free time and patience.

|** Signing Off **|
    [-FI-]-Dark-Ninja-
    Vice Clan Leader and Match Arranger

• Advertisement
Advertisement