Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Digital Blackout

• 18-05-2001 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I suppose it was only a matter of time, but EVERY channel was off the air last night for several hours on Chorus Digital (MMDS) in East Cork. As far as I know, this is the first time there has been a total blackout (for the entire evening) since the digital service was introduced in this area a few months ago. I have a bad feeling about this company's future!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Their future...what about the present!

After 24 hours with a blank screen, my neighbour called Chorus, only to be told 'oh there's been a software upgrade', and he had to manually upgrade himself! He was not impressed, and hadn't received any prior notification from Chorus about this. At least Sky's upgrades are automatic, aren't they? I would imagine that pensioners, for example, wouldn't be too happy about manually upgrading software everytime it is changed by Chorus.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pd:
    Their future...what about the present! </font>

Hee Hee Hee. Nicely put. biggrin.gif

Informative message for people on Chorus Network 51 (East Cork) saying they upgraded their Transponder Frequency to 282000 instead of 293000 as previous.
    will keep up posted if i learn more about it.
    Regards

Advertisement