Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is anyone looking forward to half life: blue shift

Options
  • 02-05-2001 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

... or is it another way for valve and sierra to take our money and cash in on the title thats been going on for ages (and it works)??

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yes, very much so. Also I can't wait for Crab-Life where you wander around Black Mesa jumping on peoples faces.

Altogether now "SIT ON MY FAAACE AND TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Some games are about gameplay rather than new gfx engines...

With Half Life being such a great single player game and CS becoming so popular as 'The Online Half Life' as far as popularity goes, it means the percentage of gamers who own Half Life has to be up there near the 80% mark. (total guess!)

If I was a games developer, I'd probably be using this base of users who I KNOW can run Half Life, to market my new Total Conversion Mods to (one quick licensing agreement and off we go, most of the work done for yah, a couple of tweaks here and there, and hey presto! New Game). The potential is staggering.

Lucutus "Will recycle your old Half Life into a new gaming experience for food" of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

still didnt answer the question tho???

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm looking forward to it. Loved Opposing Force (Alastair, if you're reading, where's my CD?).

I just hope this one is longer. I WANNA BE BARNEY!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)

So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"

[honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness

The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

It's about the same size. I just hope they release that patch weapons seperate

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Mmmmmmmm, more halflife single player. The original's single player ranks second only to Deus Ex for me. I loved opposing forces as well, tho I agree with Kharn, I wish they'd make these addons a bit longer frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

I'm sorta lookin' forward to it but not in a big way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have no opinion on the matter.
    however, half life was one of the best single games ever, so if i get my hands on a copt, i wont say no. no indeedy-do i wont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Dark-Ninja

Crab Life, jesus how much crap can they make on this game??????? tongue.gif

|** Signing Off **|
    [-FI-]-Dark-Ninja-
    Vice Clan Leader and Match Arranger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Dark-Ninja

heh anyway it looks like a laugh i might get it, infact i will get it smile.gif

|** Signing Off **|
    [-FI-]-Dark-Ninja-
    Vice Clan Leader and Match Arranger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I have to say that I really liked Half-Life (except for the other dimension part of it), and opposing forces was great too ... although rather short. So yes I am looking foward to blue shift. I just hope they improve the end of game baddie, maybe change it for a really tough puzzle. Some of the puzzles and tasks you had to perform in the 1st two games were good, but I always felt that there were never enough of them.

Redesigned

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ya - the end of game boss in OpFor was a bit easy. Laser the left eye, Laser the right eye, shoot the belly, run out of the room and pick the aliens off easily. Repeat until death.

I'd love to see Barney taking on an Army/Black Ops something-or-other as a boss rather than an alien - just for fun!

Maybe a big dirty tank or helicopter...

As for weapons - I hope they keep the grappling hook alien thingy - they were REALLY handy! And I loved the Tarazan impressions you could to on all those ropes smile.gif

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Ah your finally catching on,
    refer to my older post

http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum9/HTML/001894.html

or an ever older post here showing Half-life on the DC.

http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum9/HTML/001103.html

Blue-shift was originally supposed to be a Dreamcast exclusive extra. But now we're getting our crubby claws on it aswell muhahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

twould be interesting to c what happens to him....i certainly hope he has a better ending than poor auld fletcher!

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

Advertisement