Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18-35% Price Hike????

• 22-08-2001 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I wondered for a moment if I'd
    misheard the figuers but no, who are they
    kidding?. I can only presume NTL are taking a
    leaf out of the trade union movement by
    asking for a silly rise then settling
    for half.

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I for one support it. The new service will be an all in one, including digital tv, telephone and internet. There was no way that we where going to get all of that for what £10 - £15 a month when sky are charging £30 + for tv only.

patrick-m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmmm, maybe-I know NTL were taking about
    £20 per month for the 3 in 1 package but
    I thought that included cable modems,
    remmeber them?. I still think its a bit steep
    as I dont suppose the standard package will
    include much over what we currently enjoy.
    BTW I did'nt realise the three cities all
    paid different rates...

The cable internet service if it ever arrives is going to be at least 50/month AFAIK

Well you can think of it as great that you are getting Internet, Telephone and TV for that price - but the increase that NTL are seeking make no mention of it being for this service - it's as far as I've read for their standard package........I'm sure they have a slightly different structure for the DTv services..........and the fact that you are only getting Carrier service on the phone (the Internet service is not really a service at all, a cable modem service would be a proper service....) so the main objection I have to it is having to continue to pay Eircom for the phone line rental...hopefully sometime in the future there will be a way to get an all in one package, we can but pray.....

Anyway, enough of my b*****n, hopefully for all the people that are still using NTL they have completed their upgrades as the regulator says - but somehow I can't help but wonder what you'll actually get for your money.......if it's anything like the standard Analogue service it will depend on where you live as to what kind of reception you get.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by patrickm:
    I for one support it. The new service will be an all in one, including digital tv, telephone and internet. There was no way that we where going to get all of that for what £10 - £15 a month when sky are charging £30 + for tv only.

</font>
    No!!! were the hell do you get your ideas from, NTL Stoped its foll out of a two way network ages ago, most places will be one way,
    it will be a £30 JUST for digital tv

And Cable Internet Is £50 a month if you can get it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The price rise NTL are seeking is about £2.50 a month in Dublin, working out at an extra £35 a year. I personally think NTL's service is very cheap still (even though it will now cost about £12 instead of £9), unlike some of the Chorus regions where they are paying £18.50 (and more soon) for a lot less channels.

I'll have the exact news of the price rise on ICDG on Sunday. Sorry for the delays, but can't be helped at the moment - normal service will resume in late September.

Advertisement