Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bestest bad guy

Options
  • 26-04-2001 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

I got nostalgic today playing C&C95 ...I was reminded of just how Cool the bald headed swine really was . But has anyone got any other contenders ? . The G-man from halflife was pretty evil . but he hasnt got a patch on kane . Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

bestest bad guy ever is either jerec from jedi knight or m bison from street fighter
    oh yea and yuri from red alert2 and gruntilda from B-K on the N64 smile.gif

joey joe joe junior shabadu...thats the worst name i ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

yuri, he made me laugh and his voice is cool. but he aint the best bad guy eva no way. Sephiroth of Final Fantasy 7 is the greatest, the most evilest, coolest bad guy ever!!! no competition, no doubt anout it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Dr. Robotnic was pretty cool (and persistant), but I'd have to say Man Utd from the footy games.

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

Sephroth, easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Deffo Shodan from system shock 2, it was absolutely everywhere, and the ending.......great stuff smile.gif The game was actually quite scarey if you were sat alone late at night playing, quite an achievement, I think shodan was the main way of making this happen too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Best villain? Hmmmm... Sephiroth had a human side you know. He was a great villain because of his inner conflict (look, I'm trying not to be pretentious ok?).

I think Nemesis from Res Evil III was a good villain. A mindless killing machine whose soul goal was wiping out the S.T.A.R.S. Even when he is reduced to a steaming pile of fetid flesh, he still tries to take out his enemies. Gotta admire it.

But let us not forget the unrelenting Bowser. That guy just would not give up. Sending legions of his minions to be killed pathetically at the hands of a plumber. Sick son of a *****.

ThunderingMike Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pitch and moment, With this regard their current turns away, And lose the name of action... Nows that's a sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Shodan is tempting, but I just can't say anything but Sephiroth. He 0wnZ j00r 4ss. tongue.gif
    Other top bad guys are Ganon(zelda) and
    Diablo.

I think we should have a worst bad guy thrown in here for good measure. I'd say, off the top off my head, andross from starfox. Ooohh, a big brain what shoots it's eyes at me. I'm scared sumthin awful. Also I thought Sorceress Ultimiachia from FF8 was pretty bad. You only actually met her for the first time at the very end of the game.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Sephroth eh ? . He's ok .but i really never got into Final fantasy so I wouldnt know alot of the later developments.But he didnt strike me as the coldhearted sadistic ******* we all know and love. Ofcourse the whole cast of Metal Gear solid. Also another one that comes to mind , Freespace2 , the renegade Admiral Bosch . Another Take on the Old Admiral Harkov routine from Tie fighter. But you really get to know Bosch from the continuous monologues ,moreso the Sephroth

Heh , yeah Bowser and Dr. Robotnic . I dont know which is more embarrising, being Thrasheg by a greasy Italian jumping on your head or a Hyperactive Hedgehog and a flying rat.

Still though Kane ,the more I watch through C&Cs FMVs the more im disgusted with what they did to him in Tiberian Sun . I mean the thing about Kane is he was so cool youd actually get into the Psuedo Religous feel to the Brotherhood , when that Ion Cannon enveloped him *or when he got crushed for all the whimps who Tankrushed the Temple on the last level* You just had a feeling..Hed be back. And then In Tiberian Sun . some b-movie actor stuck a piece of wood in him , pathetic. Im reminded of the TS website for Nod , there was a lovely piece of Propoganda

"In death Kane breathes life to his Chosen"
    Crackin stuff

Shrewgar!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mills:
    Deffo Shodan from system shock 2, it was absolutely everywhere, and the ending.......great stuff smile.gif</font>

I would agree, but mainly because you never really knew who the bad guy was until the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Well Shodan for certain imo

but i thought the Ashford twins from Resident Evil: Code Veronica were pretty good baddies. Especially Alexia's final form

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭RAY

I thought the Tyrant at the end of resident evil was very cool. And the startof it was uber L337 smile.gifsmile.gif very very cool

LADS, MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Sephiroth, by miles.

Kefka was a more quality villain in ways; Sephiroth was *understandable*, essentially human but brought low by circumstance. Kefka was just mad, and very, very bad.

That said, Sephiroth was much more evil. Soooooo much more evil. Evil evil evil.

Sidney from Vagrant Story anyone? He sends shivers down my spine... scary bloke.

Shaft, in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was an evil mofo as well.

Dark Phallus from Phantasy Star wins on pure naming terms, mind... And aren't we all forgetting Cats from Zero Wing? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

My vote goes to the bad girl, kickass uber-villain of all time - S.H.O.D.A.N smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sorry guys - it's got to be CATS from Zero Wing
    "All your base are belong to us" - what a line!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[url="http://http:clanhitk.warfactory.com"][honey i] violated [the kids][/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

i dunno
    but lan di is gettin it for killing my father!!!!!!!
    when the hell is shenmue 2 coming out
    /me looks at shinji

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Adolf Hitler in Wolfenstein 3D smile.gif

I was 12. I was killing Hitler. I WAS TWELVE! I WAS KILLING ADOLF F**KING HITLER! YEAHHHHHHH!!!!

(wooh!)

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Kane by far - the ubercool face of Evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Sephiroth was truely one of the great bad guys.He grew in stature througout every line of dialogue as the game went on/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, i still cant get by that silly b1tch in project igi smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I would have to agree on Sephiroth there , he was an utterly evil bastárd smile.gif

BTW , system shock 2 i have never played , but id love to pick it up . Unfortunately its nowhere to be seen in the shops . I might go look online for it , anyone know any sites where i could find it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Sephiroth is good, ive heard stories that kefka owns his pants tho.

"But let us not forget the unrelenting Bowser. That guy just would not give up. Sending legions of his minions to be killed pathetically at the hands of a plumber. Sick son of a *****."

LOL! god thats funny, especially cos its true biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

OK, so this is not technically a game, but I think the most evil thing ever to be programmed into existenc is the PAPER CLIP from word.

That little *******!!!

I MUST KILL THE PAPER CLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Hmmn, Seph certainly does seem to be the man of the moment , but he wasnt so larger than life as Kane , Joe Kuckan *Kane* ,will always get my vote , If only for putting one in Seths head . Curse his insolence biggrin.gif , Still I re-iterate my disgust at where TS brought Kane as a character ,awful

Shrewgar!

kane was f**king class, but he was a little too "friendly". after dealing with that dic-hed seth for half the game it comes as a relief when kane kills him. and your goin, n1 kane, wanna go for a few drinks? you just know by the look of him that hes sound out wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Swifty-:
    I would have to agree on Sephiroth there , he was an utterly evil bastárd smile.gif

BTW , system shock 2 i have never played , but id love to pick it up . Unfortunately its nowhere to be seen in the shops . I might go look online for it , anyone know any sites where i could find it?
    </font>

Swifty, SS2 is available along with two other games in an EA Pack for about twenty quid. I saw it in EB on Dawson Street about a month ago, don't know if it's still there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Prof.Frink

The best Bad Guys are Liquid Snake and Revolver Ocelot also Tyrant,T-Zombie and nemisis from the Res Evil series.

Glaven
    The pain with the sock,it hurts me!!!

Glaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Thanks Castor , ill have a look around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Even better than that, You were able to get it with 5 other games in EB on henry street for around £12,

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Le Chuck the bestest villian of the lot.

Advertisement