Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod chips for PS2??????

Options
  • 15-05-2001 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Gotta query from someone who wanted to know if anyone knows where he can get his hands on a mod chip that would allow him to burn PS2 games

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

I would suggest www.playstationmods.com. They are the pioneers in the ps2 modchip 'arena' right now. Worth waiting a few weeks as they have a new NEO3 chip coming out, I have heard very good reports about their service as I know several people who have purchased pre-chipped ps2's from them and others who have sent machines to them to get chipped, be warned this is not like psone chipping and not for the faint hearted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

shouldn't this be locked?

It's encouraging piracy...

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

No there is no mention of piracy in this thread only questions about a modchip for a ps2 that allows someone to burn ps2 games. Now move along there's a nice chap ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

I'm a bit wary of these mod chips
    i forked out 400 squid for my PS2 and theres no guarantee with these chips that they wont completely destroy my ps2.
    Has anyone out there had the mod chip installed?
    how reliable is it and is it worth it
    secondly: can you rip off PS2 games or do they use a form of DVD?
    any help would be appreciated,
    FISTY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

The chip is pretty unreliable , especially for PAL machines cos the laser is supposed to make it a git to install due to the fact that the lasers are aligned slightly weird in the PAL machines almost making each one different.

Add to that, they won't play the few games you can burn to CD that are on DVD cos the machine just reads that its a CD and not a DVD and won't run it.
    DVD copies aren't really available and since all the games will be coming on DVD from now on i think anyone who wants one should just wait for a better release.

Even for playing imports, its a complete annoyance having to disk swap with the specific version of the action replay and it works 1 out of 5 times from my experience.

I have to say I agree that the chip can be unreliable but only if not fitted correctly. The people I know who have had flawless results have had it fitted by www.playstationmods.com. With the latest chip the Neo2, the laser is not a big issue as a capacitor is now used to end that tricky POTS tweaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

No, my point is that it's telling people to how to burn ps2 cd's. I'm sure it's only for backup purposes but even tho whats stopping someone making a backup for themselves, then for their mates, then for anyone willing to pay.....

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

Advertisement