Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has BBC1 Widescreen Changed Today?

Options
  • 31-03-2001 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I notice 2 'black bars' have appeared on BBC1 on Sky Digital today (none last night).
    Has the widescreen format changed?
    I know some people without widescreen TVs were complaining that the left and right edges were 'chopped off' on their screens.
    I hope it reverts back to the original format!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I haven't been watching BBC1 but i too would prefer the two sides chopped off rather than black bars @ top and bottom of screen! Besides if u do want the black bars just go to Picture Options and select Letterbox mode ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

BBC ONE and TWO digital seemed to be relaying the output from the analogue suites this morning. I'm not sure whether they were the analogue suites in London or Belfast. Maybe there was a problem. I'm not sure whether it was NI only. I was watching via DTT but I presume the problems wouldn't have affected BBC TWO ni if they were local. Unless of course the BBC's energis digital links from London were down and they had to rely on the analogue ones. Certainly BBC CHOICE ni was okay widescreen-wise - we seem to still be getting a NI version as there is no BBC CHOICE dog on the screen (Wahey!) yet.

Certainly in the past the digital suites would only run 6pm-midnight - they were effectively opting out of analogue during these times. At one point widescreen programmes were presented in 14:9 letterbox with two thick black vertical bars either side - giving a black surround on a widescreen TV.

Advertisement