Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetarion - An Organisation Of It's Own...

Options
  • 16-05-2001 6:11pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just gotten into the swing of Planetarion, and am greatly impressed...

I used to own a game on the Amiga called "Millenium 2.0" and it was basically the same thing... Was totally amazing, and Im very happy now that I have found something similar... Planetarion is a vast vast game, and already you have hundreds (Thousands too) organised colonies of growing planets and fleets blowing the almighty scrap metal out of eachother, negotiating, allying or pretty much minding their own business...

So, from here - Anyone interested in making a whole seperate galaxy? A bunch of us...

We can make seperate accounts and grow a unique galaxy of our own... Would be fun... I mean, because of the real time factor... you're usually spending days improving a single planet, wheras here you could have the privelage of dividing your time onto a few more...

I dont know, seemed like a good idea, yet there are a vast number of impatient people unwilling to play the game and, also, there are a rake of lads in #fortress.ie in the same galaxy anyway...

Despite this, give me some feedback... It was just a thought, no point wasting it...

[VAR]-RopeDrink***** was killed by IOL NoLimits with Headshot from Disconnect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

This was tried a month ago.

Whitelancer and one other person was to set up gals in which ppl from the boards would join.

Whitelancers gal afaik is full of boards members while our one has about 11 irish not all board members and a bunch of high strung canadians after the reshuffle. If draffodx still has the gal pass we could start an exile vote and you can join ours if you want.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Lovely stuff - Get back to me on that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

i have our gal password if you want it. we'll start an exile vote, and arrange it so that he'll be kicked at a certain time, you can then slip in before a random newbie gets in...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well none can enter any more gal's until the next round.
    also, there's a board for web games too, this should be there smile.gif

you sure about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

ehhee rope is a bit slow of the mark
    theres a few irish galaxy's
    lodsa of the #fortress.ie krew are in one, call into #fortress.ie on irc.planetarion.com if u need help

btw there are over 100,000 players
    sw3333t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

AFAIK, gal passwords still work, but random people can also join, and strat, its 180k now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StrataGIST:

btw there are over 100,000 players
    sw3333t
    </font>

There was over 160,000 last round, a lot of people must have dropped out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Rope, we'll have a space in our galaxy soon as Jag is leaving, contact me in #fortress.ie on PA irc about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

and we got a specific boards for this
    web games smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Cheers Mills, but Im quite content in my current Galaxy, "The Citadel Of Light" - Extremely well organised, and very generous with Donations biggrin.gif

In fact, they want to train me for the spot as Minister Of War... Nice...

This idea, though, was so that a good few of us could create new accounts and start a perfectly new galaxy - Strat, I know there are many Irish Galaxies out there, and many Irish PA fans, but that was hardly my point...

It was to begin a fresh new one... Was just an absent-minded suggestion, sorry...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback anyway...

dang, we really could use an extra irish vote in our gal, goddam canadians (no offence to canadians intended) frown.gif

Considering Im the galaxies new Minister-Of-War, I better stay with them anyway tongue.gif

Advertisement