Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest Game Ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Ahhhhhh nnnooooooooooo the last ninja that bring back nightmares for long long ago..... That game had to be one of the hards SOB's to crack and jumping across a river on to a moving boat and then off the boat on to the other side it took me ages and ages to do (I think that was in the last ninja 2) As for more modern games hhhmmmm Blood II is a bit of a bugg3r its easy to start with next thing your up against 4 drudge lords your history.....

kayos

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kharn:
    Heh - myself and the brother spend 7 straight hours playing that in co-op one night and finished it!</font>

finished it? AND ona b/w tv? you didn't make the game or something?? did u? fair play t'ya.

- Ciaran
    smoke-me-a-kipper
    S-M-A-K bottom!!™

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

and lets not forget Final Fantasy 7 not perhaps the hardest game but one of the most demanding I fink.The final battle with Sephiroth sums it all up lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Chess

On that IBM Big Blue thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Garfield>Arcade adventure from ZX Spectrum days,Impossible time limit,confusing map,sluggish control,terrible collision detection.

Movie>ZX Spectrum very hard but good.

Doomdarks revenge>ZX Spectrum Over 1000 characters running round randomly to find.
    Sequal to Lord of Midnight which are probally the only two First Person Wargames with roleplay elements in existance...I would die for a remake using modern graphics.

Actually most Spectrum games had the killer combo of being both Too Hard and Rubish.
    8 colours more than 2 colours on screen causing attribute clash,those were the days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

HAHAHA
    OMG I can beat you all....

PHOBIA II

LOL
    No way to win! The whole point is you die! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Have to go for CJ's elephant antics and New Zealand Story. Even the cheats for New Zealand Story were rock, you needed 8 fingers to do them ffs! Still have both of them and about another 100 c64 games up in my attic. tape player is busted thou frown.gif

I Live (in a dream world)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Alien Vs Preditor on the hardest setting...the first version before saving was added. Suriving that game is one hell of a challange

I'm not saying what Im saying. I'm not saying what I'm thinking. Im not thinking what Im thinking.
    "Then what are you thinking?"
    I think I need a drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Tie Fighter ? not hard ??? . Methinks someone had the Invunerability option (Standard on most old Lucasarts titles) on smile.gif
    Tie fighter was Desperate . I still remember this one level . It was in the defender of the Empire pack i think , you were in the Cygnus missle Boat *nice bit of Kit* , you had to Blitz and Zaarin loyalist *Ohh he was an Evil one* Armada * One interdictor 3 Frigates* docked at a starbase , which you also needed to destroy , along with the usual compliment of Fighters of course ,after the Entire area was wiped clean you returned to your Carrier ISD , only to be attacked by 12 odd wings of Tie Defenders ..one after another with only a few battered Tie Interceptors for support things got hectic and by wave 4 the ISD was suck and your were on your own with no missles and that one measly Laser cannon ...thats when I finally gave up . Alternately On Freespace 2 , You can just sit back and let your Wing mates do the fighting launchin the occasional missle at any stragglers , now theres a sim

Shrewgar!

well, it seems that everyone here found SMB no problem. well i ****ing did. those ******ing bullet things on World 8-2 and then on world 8-3 ffs!! christ!! that game drove me ****ing insane. tongue.gif

another impossible game was Wizball on the C64

- Ciaran
    smoke-me-a-kipper
    S-M-A-K bottom!!™

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

Ray:" hobs and goblins but it was the one where ur a knight (medievil ones) and everytime u take a hit ur clothes fell off ,armour,helmet ect."

Thats ghosts and goblins, or ghouls and ghosts...

Anyway, the hardest game...

Well, lets say i would be willing to give... something very valuable to the person that can complete Serious Sam on Serious mode.
    IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Robocop on the C64 was viscious, and so was Ninja, or was it called last ninja? That was difficult as well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah monty , AvP is a whore .... i remember being scared shítless of that game , especially of the facehuggers , when you can hear them moving around but you cant see them and then the next mintute one leaps at you and you jump out of your seat and die of shock smile.gif

AvP is ****ing class!

- Ciaran
    smoke-me-a-kipper
    S-M-A-K bottom!!™

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

AvP was fantastic. I would have beaten that game in a week(on all three modes) if it wasn't for that ***** queen, which I still can't beat in marine. How do you beat that anyway. I used all my ammo(flamethrower & pulse rifle & grenages) got around 90% accuracy, I think, and got it to run into those big missile things, then ran around for ten minutes hitting it with the butt of my rifle, and it still wasn't dead. *****.

(edit) btw finished it a couple of days ago.
    If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

[This message has been edited by DrunkLeprachaun (edited 28-04-2001).]

Tie fighter was easy.

Remember the level where you shoot a container of a craft and a wave of that type come?

I used to shoot them all at once, shove engines into overdrive and get the **** outta there. After a while u turn back, and the only craft near u are the fastest IE defenders. Kill them, followed by the next fastest craft, advanced I think.

All in all, if you used ure head it was a very fun, but relatively simple game. AVP is pretty tough. I never played much tho.

Hardest is still

PHOBIA II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Well your quite a man . Taking on a wing of Tie defenders was a handful for a frigate , let alone a missle boat! . Still , I always Missle spammed and ran out early , so im not one to talk

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

Tie fighter and (as i previously mentioned)goldeneye are the best games ever
    tie fighter was a biatch especially that level at the end of tour 7 where u had to disable a load of transports leaving the space station there wa also a minefield..admiral harkov was on board..the cort lucky day.......i still have nightmares about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

there was a worse mission than that...the one where you have to save the emporers liner when its under attack from renegade imperials, wave after wave after wave of enbemy gunboats and correlian corvets......

Avp, you have to open the airlock in the ground and get the queen sucked out, but you have to get her near the airlock, open the secondary doors and run for a 1 person airlock or your dead.....

I'm not saying what Im saying. I'm not saying what I'm thinking. Im not thinking what Im thinking.
    "Then what are you thinking?"
    I think I need a drink

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

well AvP was a bit hard...not really though, damn face hugger nearly fell off my seat so many time LOL

oh and playin as a marine fired my sadar at a pred n he kept coming resulted in me runin like hell from the computer LMAO biggrin.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

two words: Marble Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Anyone remember V on the C64 ? Now that was a total whore. you had to crack force field codes which were written in the alien's language, myself and my bro finished it but it was ******* hard.

Also, Staff of Karnath on the C64, not especially hard once you know how/where to get the pieces of the staff but spent about 2 months on that one, great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kali:
    two words: Marble Madness.</font>

Beat it's ass, again when I was around 10.

[This message has been edited by DrunkLeprachaun (edited 22-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭RAY

Monkey island is not one of the hardest games but the puzzles in the game made no ounce of sense whats the sense of putting a bun in a rose bush ?!?!??!?

LADS, MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

There was a game on the c64 or the ST (i think) called Predator. Absolutely ****ing impossible it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun:
    Beat it's ass, again when I was around 10.
    </font>

Ahh but I had a life when I was a kid wink.gif
    The NES (god bless it) and Marble Madness did drive me nuts though when I attempted it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Re:Tie Fighter

Taking on a wing of Tie defenders was a handful for a frigate , let alone a missle boat!</font>
    Defenders would own a frigate. What was great fun in that entire series of games was taking out star destroyers on ure own. In fairness the game did have a few bugs in that regard smile.gif Still one of the most fun games Ive ever played, if not THE most fun 1 player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by whitetrash:
    Have to go for CJ's elephant antics and New Zealand Story. Even the cheats for New Zealand Story were rock, you needed 8 fingers to do them ffs! Still have both of them and about another 100 c64 games up in my attic. tape player is busted thou frown.gif

</font>

Search out a C64 emulator at your local computer fair,hundreds of games on one disk,and all of them too hard. wink.gif
    Wasnt there a bugged spectrum game that crashed on the final level or something one of the "jet set willies" i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭DemonBaby

Anyone play sentinal on the c64?
    That game was impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

Anyone ever play Vib Ribbon using Roni Size, Reprazent? Do it whilst drunk for the most eye bending, thumb slaying hell you will ever experience.

Advertisement