Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardest Game Ever

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

tie fight with the addons classsic game ... try it with a mouse frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

wasnt there a bug in SIN that made it impossible to complete????

Never played it just heard it had that bug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maximilian:
    There was a game on the c64 or the ST (i think) called Predator. Absolutely ****ing impossible it was.</font>

Yep, that was the ST, cool intro though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kharn:

wizball
    </font>

kharn - u had to collect coloured paint.. black and white telly? jeesus u need to get yuorself and your brother out more :P :P

super-duper game tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Forsaken - unpatched. Through bad design, your weapons were too slow, and ammo to scarce. They patched it later to make it easier, but instead of fixing those problems they just made the enemies more stupid.

The Conflict Freespace Addon missions - for the last mission were you have to take out the hades. Your wingmen all get knobbled within about 5 minutes. Got past it on the 5th attempt, 1hr 30 mins of play, 135 fighters, 1 starbase and the mothership later. I was wrecked afterwards... smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There was this spectrum game called "Erik the Viking". At one point in the game you have to make this jump and if you miss you go out of the screen and fall and fall until the screen goes black then you get the power on screen.

Then a message pops up "Ha ha, only kidding. Do it again and it will be for real though".

At which point the game really does reset if you make the same mistake again. 5 minutes to load up each time isn't funny.

But hard is such a curious term. smile.gif Tribes2 is hard for some people. Games with 300 key combinations are hard to some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by _CreeD_:
    Forsaken - unpatched. Through bad design, your weapons were too slow, and ammo to scarce. They patched it later to make it easier, but instead of fixing those problems they just made the enemies more stupid.

</font>

OMG.. that is so true. The church part where the guards are called finally did it for me. It took me 20 minutes to realise that they were permantly spawning and just ran for my life off the level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Elias

Hardest ever, Hero on the Atari 2600. You have to travel doen into these mines. Impossible, although I doubt if there ever was an end as such.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Wow, wasn't that the game where you had a helicopter thingy strapped to your back and you had to shoot walls etc? How cool was that at the time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I finished HERO tongue.gif

Some of the old Dizzy games were a pain in the bum!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Course loads of games were BIATCH hard etc but goin back to basics i would say that ****IN PAPER BOY **** HEAD!!!!!! was a real ******* to beat thats why i never did. That STUPID GRANNY ***** beatin the **** outta me every 2 seconds i threw a paper. Could NEVER beat the ****ER!! AAAAAAAGHHH.
    Erm nowadays recent games etc...I dont really know cuz i dont play many any more apart from T2 and CS and they are multiplayer games smile.gif

Citer le Cordeau "JennyRooba" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Nightmare level Doom 2 (nearly finished it!)
    Last couple of levels of Dark Reign were pretty tough.

But the hardest game i ever played was a game on the Amstrad CPC called 'Fighter Pilot'. It was a realistic flight sim, and i couldnt work out how to play the game properly...

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Dark-Ninja

Tie Fighter is pretty hard, i can't think of many HARD games, i always seem to suck at Tomb Raider games smile.gif

|** Signing Off **|
    [-FI-]-Dark-Ninja-
    Vice Clan Leader and Match Arranger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

Commandos gets my vote here, that game is impossible, did anyone here ever beat it ??

But oh, no tears please, fear and pain may acompany death, but it is desire that sheperds its certainty, as we shall see...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭[NON]mojo

UFO: Enemy Unknown
    X-COM: Terror From The Deep
    X-COM: Apocalypse

even with cheats 4 unlimited money on apocalypse, it gets impossible when there is like 20 landings in 1 day. u spend most of the game trying 2 kill all the aliens and every once in a while u manage 2 research something.plus, in order 2 increase ur cash from the government, u have to make sure that nobody dies in each mission. and unless u win every mission, the aliens take over the business. and by the time i managed 2 get 2 the alien homeworld, my computer decided 2 crash constantly and i had 2 wipe it frown.gif.

Austin 3:16 "You stole my mojo!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Killer Instinct 1 arcade (classic game) and overblood for the playstation..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

The Goonies for NES i found very hard to beat... maybe I didn't have it for long, but its one of the only NES games that made me go almost insane with frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kharn:
    Some of the old Dizzy games were a pain in the bum!
    </font>

omg they were evil.. one missed jump and you were dead, bank to level one. one life. very hard, and in some areas the only was to survive was to die once to see where the trap was so you could avoid it nexd time

eViL

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    Originally posted by Shinji:
    THIS IS THE THREAD THAT JUST ENDED.

Advertisement