Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duke Nukem 4ever

Options
  • 19-05-2001 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone see that video they showed at E3?

At first I was highly sceptical as to wheter or not they could capture the feel of DN3D, especially using the Unreal engine (remember Deus Ex?). I was getting a bit worried when they decided not to give out much information. But then, I saw the video. It looks amazing.

Everything's there; shrink gun, blue jeaned leg, strippers.... And there seems to be some ncie set pieces too, such as sniping (with the now mandatory sniper rifle) aliens from jet skis. The graphics are top notch too.

High Res (44mb)
    Low Res (16mb)

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham! You just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
    hello.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Excellllent, any word on a release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

My most eagerly awaited game. I eagerly await for it constantly. Quake has merely provided sustenance until Duke was reborn.

Hail indeed, to the king baby.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amp:
    Hail indeed, to the king baby.
    </font>

"nobody steals our chicks, and lives" - duke nukem, duke3d

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The release date is still "when its done" (b*stards!)

In the video when it was giving the years the games were released in, '2001' was the year for Duke Nukem Forever, which means it will probably be released by the end of the year. It certainly looks nearly complete anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

If it's "nearly complete", why was there no playable code whatsoever at E3? I'll wager a mid 2002 date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

See sig for opinion.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.
    Mail: jaden@eircom.net

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:
    If it's "nearly complete", why was there no playable code whatsoever at E3? I'll wager a mid 2002 date. </font>

bring me in your suitcase next year!!
    just make sure u get a double bed :D

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    You must defeat my dragon
    punch to stand a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:
    If it's "nearly complete", why was there no playable code whatsoever at E3? I'll wager a mid 2002 date. </font>

Perhaps so, but then again 3D Realms have been tighter than a duck's **** when talking of the game. They seem to be of the philosophy of getting it perfect before anyone makes up their mind

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham! You just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
    hello.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan:
    Perhaps so, but then again 3D Realms have been tighter than a duck's **** when talking of the game.</font>

when they started making it on the q2 engine years ago they were all talk. inverviews and screenies. then 9 years past, and they return once more smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Well whenever its out , that vid looks cool . Im lookin forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Well, considering that Realms are (hopefully) releasing Max Payne in the Summer, I'd be inclined to think that they'll be leaving Nukem 'till X-Mas.

Nil Desperandum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Oh om nyom , max payne . Another game i want.

Advertisement