Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVP played anywhere?

Options
  • 22-05-2001 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all
    Have been bitten by the AVP bug again and Looking forward to AVP2 (no date set yet). Anywho? is the game played in any places in town. Where? when?
    My PC is fairly basic so I don't think it could handle on-line games and I don't have AVP Gold.

Thanks in advance

dyin ain't much of a livin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I've seen it played a bit in the Planet CyberCafé - although that was some time ago... ****in' good game, it was too... AVP2 ... mmmmm... nice idea smile.gif

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I used to play AvP in DNC all the time, then I we got it in Netshop, and I played it there... So either one of those...

I also have it at home, but I've got no 3d card at home *sniffs at the world's smallest violine* so I can't run it on my comp.

-Dark-Angel-

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

Excuse my ignorance but where's DNC and Netshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Netshop is opposite the Temple Bar Music center (Dublin), with big green signs saying: NETSHOP.

And DnC is ... er, I forget the name of the street, you go by the Turks Head pub, walk down the narrow street, and you'll see a big internet shop with big glass windows.

Hope that helps. :P

"Excellent Smithers" ta very much lads. Hope the game is still there and we can get the show on the road. Woo- Hoo !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

West Essex Street for DNC
    Its between that dublin corp. building and Apache pizza ....mmmmmh pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

there is a second dnc on top of the bleeding horse pub. (which is between camden street and the red box?)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

AvP - sweet game
    use to play it online non stop on mplayer which was class for some reason i cant seem to play it anywhere online anymore mplayer wont let me download whatever i need to play it and the zone well i just hate it.
    Dx

Monoloith are working on AVP2. There are some screenshots etc and an interview with a few teasers. Sounds and looks like it's gonna be most excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh it looks good but they are moving away from the dark atmosphere of the first game which i loved and i want more of it.
    playing online as the predater while 8 marines run around in the dark ****ting themselves everytime i hit the taunt key which let a huge roar..........*SWEET*

Dx

• Advertisement

I liked the original but it seems that AVP2 is going to be more story based. The action won't be frantic all the time with hoards of Aliens spawing and charging you, which got repetitive.

This time around they are saying that as the Predator you will be more on safari, though there will be times when it becomes a warzone. Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I ahve the origional, buit would really like to get the Gold add-on, is tehre somewhere ai can download it from? or order it?
    Even someone in Galway I could borrow it off to install the patch.
    Also, anyone with ISDN/DSL/Cable wanna setupa small server now and agin? or get someone witha small biut of bandwidth ona web farm to hist a server?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I can't use Mplayer cos I can't get my head around it.
    When is that Gamespy Arcade + MPlayer coming out?
    The pne where I can finally play AvP online?
    i finished the game on Predator on medium, loved it. Looking to fry some human ass for once.

No-one ever suspects the Duck
    He who must die, must die in the dark even though he sells candles

Advertisement