Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let there be Neocron...

Options
  • 27-05-2001 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

www.neocron.com <==== It looks da Sh*t. Imagine Deus Ex online, with thousands of other players in a living, breathing city.

Check out the site, sign up for beta...tell us if you make it...it be great if we got a few fellas from the boards in it... just imagine the terror! cool.gif

"(Shaft error to Klay[b-airlock140.esatclear.ie]: Erection reset by queer)"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

SOunds Good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

What fvcks me off about these online games is the fact that you have to fork out a monthly fee for them. Currently there are about 5 in development that I would love to play. Now say they will charge, I dunno, $20 a month, well, if I manage to fight the temptation and play only three, then i'm paying $60 a month!! Fine if your earning a good wage but **** if you fit into the other gaming demographics (kids & students).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Klay

Its more like:
    1 Month: 9.95 USD
    3 Months: 24.95 USD
    6 Months: 39.95 USD

Which isn't that bad when you think about it. They have to keep running and maintaining the servers non stop. I think that all online games will be like that someday, pay per play...I mean look what happened barrysworld...

"(Shaft error to Klay[b-airlock140.esatclear.ie]: Erection reset by queer)"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually there is a discussion going on about what they should charge the punters.

It's quite intresting, a lot of game companies reckon they could make more money charging $20-$30 a month. This is based on Linage the bloodpledge, in Korea they charged something like $20 a month and people just lapped it up.

Personally I wouldn't pay more then $10 a month, and even then it would be for one game.

But then Ireland has prehistoric internet structure, so I can't see it being mainstream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

I signed up for the beta ages ago. I could be wrong but it seems like over a year ago.

I've no problem with $10 a month. I've already paid it for UO eek.gif

*ducks to avoid slagging*

[This message has been edited by Kix (edited 28-05-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement