Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOS games in Win2k/Me

Options
  • 28-05-2001 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭

Since people have been talking about old DOS games like (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade), over the weekend, I dug out my old box of these games. I've got just about all the lucasarts ones (including loom), but I just couldn't get them to run within Win2k or ME, I had to go and make a dos boot disk frown.gif
    I know 2k and ME don't have the whole DOS subsystem of previous Windows, but is there any way to get these old games to run within 2k/ME?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

my brother downloaded indy and last crusade 2 weeks ago, having not being able to restore it from disk. ( frown.gif), and it worked fine in WinME. I just ran the indy256.exe file. and up it comes.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one"</font>

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

w2k command line is not DOS.

I would be wary of putting some games on, as I know a few have been prone to trash W2k, or have a good shot at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

as far as I know 2k have pretty much removed DOS bar essential commands. To run old games you may need an emmulator, or even an old computer and just put dos 6.2 on it smile.gif

You may have a look at the fact that some games, modern and old, dont like either the newest processors and even overclocked processors.

Advertisement