Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter to Esat Fusion

Options
  • 17-05-2001 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I worked on a short letter that we could send to Esat Fusion, possibly by Friday Noon (Tomorrow), so it will arrive there on Monday. We also need someone who would actually attend this meeting and is willing to act as point of contact. I would offer myself to do both, if I wasn't living Cork :P

Post what you think... and get things going!

Dear Sir or Madam at Esat Fusion,

we are a newly formed organization called Ireland Offline, a campaign for unmetered and broadband Internet in Ireland. Our main objective is to drive the Irish Internet development forward, with the consumer in mind. One objective is to find a solution to accommodate the recently 2000 terminated customers of your Surf NoLimits service.

In order to find a solution beneficial to your company, as well as to those customers, we would like to ask for a meeting with a representive of yours. The meeting is aiming at a fair solution for those involved, while restoring customer’s faith into your company by entering an open discussion.

Please understand, that we do not seek a single sided solution, but are interested in finding a fair agreement accommodating both sides properly. As the date of service termination is rapidly approaching, we would suggest holding such a meeting as soon as possible, possibly not later as Thursday the 24th of May 2001.

Kind regards, the Ireland Offline Committee.

[This message has been edited by Cariarer (edited 17-05-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

AFAIK the committee has already agreed that meeting will be set up through Elana Kehoe who last week spoke directly to Andrew Conlan-Trant, Direcor of Marketing and Products at Esat.

Hmmm... nothing seems very certain to me at the moment. If you are out there, Elena, can you make a comment? Last thing I heard was that you are not feeling well and therefor didn't make contact. I really hope you are feeling better (and no, not just because so you can contact him ;P). Anyway... I think we have to make some sort of decision soon as the one thing we don't have on this matter is time.

Cheers, Marco...

Anything that happens, happens. Anything that in happening causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that in happening causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though. - Mostly Harmless, Douglas Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I like the letter- good job on writing it. If someone is making a formal protest to Esat on our behalf, they should really hand such a letter in so that Esat are left with something tangible and real in their hands which they must then respond to. This letter can then be copied to the press, putting more of a fire under Esat's collective bums to actually spur them on to responding.

Just my tuppence worth.

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

Hmmm... nothing seems very certain to me at the moment. If you are out there, Elena, can you make a comment?

Elena has been trying to contact them today.

you might want to read some of the postings on this on ie.comp

Sorry, everyone, this is my first glance at the boards here.

I am working on getting the meeting with Mr. Conlan-Trant, and will call him every hour on Monday until he finally talks to me about it. :-)

I do like the letter, and I think we should incorporate it as best we can.

E

• Advertisement
Advertisement