Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish game site in the mix (cont...)

Options
  • 22-05-2001 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi Guys

Apologies first for repeating this but it was at the end of a long thread and I think most of you might not have made it down to it...

Please check it out...

Just a note to let you know what you think of our new "e-commerce” system. It’s a lot different than you’re used to and I want some feedback on what you guys think of it…

The system is designed to work as follows…

· When you click on “buy” on any of our products it will be placed in your shopping cart as usual…
    · After you have selected all the products you want you click “check out” as normal
    · We will ask you for your name, address, phone number and e-mail address
    · We will generate a form for you to print out with a reference number which you can use to pay for the product at your local bank or by telephone banking
    · When we get notified of the payment we look up the reference number and retrieve your order from our own records.
    · The product is shipped as normal

We are using this system because commercial systems for e-commerce are really expensive and are also not secure due to the fact that your card details are entered over the web. It doesn’t matter which system you use as in all cases your card number is stored somewhere. You have no way of really knowing if the remote system is fully secure.

With this method the transaction you do is totally secure, as even we will not know any details of how you paid us.

The contract you pass through when you buy from us binds us to handle your order honestly.

The bank will reverse the money transfer in the case of order cancellations. We will probably need to give the bank your phone number to do this as they would need to know your bank account number. We will only instruct the bank to do this. We will not ask you for your bank details.

The only issue I see is that you MUST ensure the reference number we give you for the order is used as a payment reference. However, I am assured by the bank that even if it isn’t they can trace the owner.

Once you place the order it will remain valid for one month. After this time the order will expire so you must make sure you pay for the order within this time. It will not be shipped until payment is received.

OK, that’s it. It’s simple really. There are some issues at our end to sort out but basically, that’ll be the way you see it from your end.

Comments are welcome, good and bad.
    Regards

Donie Kelly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Hi Donnie,

I must say that while this may appeal to some, I'm personally not all that keen. I'm comfortable using my credit card online, in fact I do all my banking online too. I rarely, if ever, visit my branch.

I'd like to see a credit card option too. Does anyone else feel the same way?

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Indeed - it all sounds fine as long as there's a credit card option as well, since I (and most people who actually know the issues involved) am perfectly happy to use a CC online, especially if it's through a recognised CC processor like ClikPay or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Sounds good to me. Irish online games store is the one thing we really need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Just want to say thanks to Donie for the copy of Tribes 2. It arrived today and I guess ill take it for a spin on Netshop's servers tonight! Thanks again! I actually wanted Lula: The Sexy Empire(?) but they were all out. biggrin.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Why not take an ad out on Boards.ie,
    they are cheap and we're supportive of games sites in general but since you are a for-profit company (as I understand it) it would be preferable to posting here.

DeVore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds:
    Just want to say thanks to Donie for the copy of Tribes 2. It arrived today and I guess ill take it for a spin on Netshop's servers tonight! Thanks again! I actually wanted Lula: The Sexy Empire(?) but they were all out. :D</font>

hmv now have the daily sport "game"

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    "It's like soccer" said Dr. Teeth

Advertisement